Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 02:17 PM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Non-food rewards

I know we've talked about this a little in other threads, but that seemed mostly to be what you treat yourself with when you're having cravings.

What do you set up as a reward when you've reached a goal or milestone? For me, it's new books or a new exercise video.

For instance, when I get back down into Twoderville (soon, I think), I plan to buy a motivational book. I've been doing some research and have a couple titles in mind: Peace, Love, and the Search for a 24" Waist; It's Not About Food; or OVercoming Overeating. All of these books focus more on helping you identify WHY you eat and leaning to eat more mindfully, rather than a "diet" book which tells you what to eat.

In addition, I've been looking at new exercise videos for when I get down to my mid-goal weight of 280. My videos are all a couple years old at best and I've done them so many times before: Original taebo, a Sweating to the Oldies tape, one of the earliest WATP tapes, a couple of Kathy Smith tapes, etc.

I have been looking at jazzing up my video routine with a bellydancing tape, and rounding out the stretching aspect with a basic yoga or pilates tape. So I've been researching which ones I want when I get to my goal.

When I get the next goal (whatever that is) I'm thinking equipment. A new bike, or maybe I'll actually be brave and try in-line skates. Or maybe an elliptical machine for home, since I can't stand doing the "gym thing."

How do you set up goals/rewards for yourself?
Old 07-23-2003, 03:26 PM   #2  

Ummmm how to answer this tastefully.

I always buy books and tapes so for me I am shooting for something special. I have decided to buy stuff for "bedroom fun" when I reach my 25, 50, and 75 pound weight loss goals. Only 8.4 more before the fun begins
Old 07-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #3  

I want something to pamper me like a day getting my nails and hair done or some new makeup or a maybe a....massage????? Only when i have no more rolls..lol.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:33 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'd like to give Fashion Emergency a call, have them do a makeover on me when I'm much much smaller.
Closed Thread