Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Life Goals

Other than weight loss, exercising and getting healthy....do you have any other life goals? In July, I'll be 50. My oldest just graduated. My youngest will be in highschool next school year. I've been at the same job for over 20 years. Last semester, I did go back to school for the first time in over 20 years and I thoroughly loved it! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be continuing due to financial reasons. Lately, I've been in a funk and I realized....this is the first time that I've not had any goals for my life. Before, my goals where getting married, getting pregnant, buying my first home and raising my children. I have my husband of 20 years, my kids don't need me as much and I have my home. I catch myself thinking, "now what?" I've always thought working toward goals makes life interesting. What are your goals?

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #2  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Settling into a HOUSE (not an apartment... I'm tired of sharing a wall/floor/ceiling), *not* moving every year, having a kid or two, possibly having a home business so I can stay home with said kiddos.... I also want to take a couple classes in photography because I love taking pictures and I'd like to be good at it.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ooh. I love goals!

My immediate goal is to finish the book I've been working on for two years.

My second is to relocate permanently to the place that I'm living temporarily right now.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

Complete my M.phil and then hopefully, start my Ph.d!!!
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm 50 now, and kids are out of high school, one starts college in the fall. My biggest goals right now are just with weight and fitness. It's been nice to see my life coming back to me as the kids are moving on with theirs. I want to just enjoy getting back to being a couple. Little things like taking care of my yard or reading a book have been put on the back burner for so long while running here and there for sports or other kid activities. It's just fun to focus back on hubby and I.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Write a book
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Yup, I'll be 50 in a few years too. I got up for work the other day and thought "wow, another 15 years of this??" I love my job but I'm thinking a change might be in order.

Never had kids so it's just me & my hubby and I'm lucky to still be bat$hit crazy in love with him...we want to plan a big trip for next year so that's something to look forward to

Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes, aging parents are a real responsibility so any really "out there" goals aren't for me I'm afraid
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

So, Rhonda, have you thought of any good goals for you?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

For now...

1) Lose 100 pounds
2) Find a job that pays more
3) Get my Associates degree in nursing
4) Get my driver's license
5) Get a car
6) Get my own place

I'll add marriage and kids after I'm settled in my career.
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
So, Rhonda, have you thought of any good goals for you?
As a matter of fact, I sure have!

First, I'm going to become involved in the local photography club and develop my skills. They meet twice a month, they bring in guest speakers and they go on 'field trips." Most people get a glazed look in their eyes and go into a stupor when I start talking about photography. It will be nice to be around others who just get it.

Next, I'm going to take some guitar lessons. I've always wanted to learn to play. I bought a really nice guitar when I was in my late teens, but I couldn't figure out how to tune it and I ended up selling it within 2 weeks. Now, they have all kinds of online tools and phone apps and things to help with this. I do need to lose some of my tummy first so that I have a lap for the guitar to rest on! I've read learning a new language or learning to play an instrument helps to keep our brains young.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-17-2014 at 09:51 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

What about a more superficial goal? It ties into my weight loss. I love vintage-style dresses, like the kind found at Modcloth, but they are SO EXPENSIVE...$50+ each, and many over $100. That doesn't fit into my budget. But I found a website that lists the original Simplicity pattern for many of their dresses. So a HUGE goal for me is to get to my goal weight AND learn to sew better, so that I can make myself some really cute dresses!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/300/180

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances123 View Post
What about a more superficial goal? It ties into my weight loss. I love vintage-style dresses, like the kind found at Modcloth, but they are SO EXPENSIVE...$50+ each, and many over $100. That doesn't fit into my budget. But I found a website that lists the original Simplicity pattern for many of their dresses. So a HUGE goal for me is to get to my goal weight AND learn to sew better, so that I can make myself some really cute dresses!
Frances123 I love your goal! Not superficial at all! It is kind of a goal/reward for a new body. I often hold off on buying new clothes until I meet a mini goal. I have also ventured into the "making my own clothes" ring before... let's just say I prefer shopping

My goal in life is to own my own business. I live in a small town and I want to own a small town business, like a mom & pop type operation. I have my bachelor's in business and my bachelor's in accounting. I don't know for sure what type of place I would want to run but I just want to be the boss!!
sparky09 is offline   Reply With Quote