3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What Is Your Goal Outfit? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/296469-what-your-goal-outfit.html)

GirlyGirlSebas 06-02-2014 05:48 PM

What Is Your Goal Outfit?

When you imagine yourself at your goal weight, what do you imagine yourself wearing?

I imagine myself in designer jean with a pretty sweater, a fitted blazer or leather jacket and a pair of red stillettos.

FeraFilia 06-02-2014 05:53 PM

I already bought it! At least a mini-goal outfit. I couldn't resist it at the thrift store. It's a pair of size 14 skinny jeans with a nifty design down the side and sort of a hippie-esque style top all flowy and purple with a white and gold design, size L. It cost me all of 6 dollars and I have it hanging on the back of my closet door to keep me focused. I might not be able to wear them both at the same time, but wearing each of them individually would be nice, too!

I'm definitely looking forward to rocking a short and sexy LBD when I get to goal, with heels that I'm not afraid I'm gonna break.

Streudel 06-02-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeraFilia (Post 5015766)

I'm definitely looking forward to rocking a short and sexy LBD when I get to goal, with heels that I'm not afraid I'm gonna break.

This!!!

Paulitens 06-02-2014 09:54 PM

Honestly? My old clothes. I just want to be able to fit in those old clothes from... I don't know 2004-05 when I was at my skinniest. That includes my skimpy bikini. And fit in them, and take a picture, and look at myself and see how far I've come.

I've been wearing quite trendy clothes even with my extra lbs (except for swimsuits in general) so I don't look forward to anything in particular other than just "going back."

FeraFilia 06-02-2014 10:20 PM

I wish I had skinny clothes to go back to! I was 200ish pounds and wore a size 16/18 when I graduated high school. I mean, it would be nice to be back there, instead of where I am now, but as an adult I've always had to hit the plus size section. Not a whole lot to choose from there. So I'm very much looking forward to buying regular sizes. Maybe that should be my goal outfit. "Something I didn't buy in the Plus section" heh.

LadyPetite 06-02-2014 11:17 PM

A dress. Skirts. Anything knee-length. And not have the dress hike up in the back because of my ample derriere.

Frances123 06-03-2014 07:27 AM

I have a vintage knee-length dress with cap sleeves that's a size 6...but I could still wear it at 160ish. I have it hanging in my bedroom as motivation. I've also been knitting myself size M/L (36 bust) sweaters. I am WAY more invested in getting into those since I spent so much time and money making them! :)

Slashnl 06-03-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeraFilia (Post 5015938)
So I'm very much looking forward to buying regular sizes. Maybe that should be my goal outfit. "Something I didn't buy in the Plus section" heh.

This!! I am so tired of "Womens" section clothes. Can't wait to be in misses. But, more specifically, I want to wear nice fitting jeans with a belt and a button up shirt TUCKED IN!

SunnyMac 06-03-2014 01:06 PM

I want to wear anything off the rack that is not plus size. ANYTHING! For me more importantly there is something I would like to NOT wear every day - and that is shapewear under my clothes every day. Every day no matter what. So yeah - anything not plus with no hidden body armor squishing and smoothing the fat under it.

ubergirl 06-03-2014 01:49 PM

I want to open the box that I had to stick in the back of my closet in early 2013. Inside I have lots of shorts and tee shirts from the regular department, and a really cute pair of skinny jeans...

LadyPetite 06-03-2014 02:38 PM

Oh, oh, dropping in to add something else. Not really an "outfit" per se, but I long for the day when I can go to a department store and just buy these pretty, lacy, colorful bras and underwear. I am SO done with the current boulder-holders and Fruit of the Loom undies I'm currently wearing.

nonameslob 06-03-2014 02:54 PM

I have no idea, but I have a feeling now I will be on the lookout :D I am terrible when it comes to fashion, so I just really don't know what to even aspire to. I know I will have a hard time adjusting what I where as I get smaller.

Maybe a slinky dress, or a bikini, or...

I am with you all about wanting to shop at a normal store and know they will have my size! Especially those stores that only go up to a 12 or stores where their clothing runs small (you know, where a size 16 fits like a 12?).

time2lose 06-03-2014 04:00 PM

Love answering this thread!!!!

I have been trying to figure out what style I want and have had great fun doing that. I have started following several style blogs created by women over 50. My goal outfit will be something very simple but tailored. Probably just slacks that fit very well with a simple silk blouse but could be worn with a fitted blazer that can be accessorized in various ways. I want to wear petite size clothing because I think that I have a petite frame under there somewhere. Something simple, classic, very neat, and very put together.

I hope that I can where simple heels but with my foot problems, that may not happen.

hamlette 06-03-2014 05:04 PM

Skinny jeans paired with a tunic (UK size 10/12)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveVegetables 06-03-2014 07:56 PM

I'd like to be able to wear a dress without having to suck my stomach in all evening.