Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Breaking a Plateau - Tips?

I'd love to hear some different strategies on plateau-breaking, since it happens to almost everyone. The most popular one I've heard is to vary your calories by 200 every day to keep your body 'guessing', but that has never worked for me.

I'm not sure I'm in a REAL plateau right now - I may have massive water retention from the combination of our humid weather just starting and also starting a new workout program and have terribly sore muscles...but the scale hasn't really moved in a month, no matter what I've done, and I'm getting frustrated! I'd love to hear some tips for getting the scale to move.
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #2  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

What works great for me is either a day of juicing or a day of fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy oils only (no meat, no dairy, no starches, no breads). For example, eat a fruit salad or a fruit smoothie in the morning for breakfast, a big raw salad with homemade oil based dressing for lunch (you can use condiments so long as they are not dairy based) and a nice helping of vegetable stir fry (vegetables sauteed in olive oil with seasonings and non-dairy condiments). Drink your daily water (I like to do at least 2 liters). You will probably pee like crazy lol. I'd be surprised if the scale doesn't move.
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Since I limit carbs moderately, when I'm on a plateau I try to change it up by lowering them more drastically, or lowering calories, or doing some IF, or increasing my exercise.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote