Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #31  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I'm chiming in here ... I hope it ok since I know most of you from the past ... For the reasons that you all are saying it is why when I came back about a year and a half ago I started my own thread and tried to gather up all of the old crew. I have also found that the threads have truly changed since 2010 and people are more competitive it seems rather than helpful. And if something isn't done to suit them they shoot you down, just plan rude. I've always been chatty so I don't mind that as most of you know
I've noticed some of what you say about shooting you down. That's one thing I can't stand about these boards. People treat their own opinions about particular issues as absolute truth and if it's working for them then everyone should be doing it too. It would be nice to see more acceptance of differences in choices and methods. One person's truth may not be someone else's truth. These boards can be real catty sometimes.
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #32  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
To try to stay on top of things I just hit new threads at the top of the moan forum page and I don't really pay attention to the separate forums. Like this one is in the 100 lb club. Well, not all old timers with opinions are part of the 100 club. I will look to see what forum it is before posting, like, I will refrain from joining a challenge meant for those over 300 pounds, or about dating in the 20s forum, but I will respond to things in various forums without really watching a particular forum. It's the only way I can deal with all the gazillion sub forums.
I'm kinda like that... only 100 lb. club is my "home" forum on 3FC, and I subscribe to two others. I certainly don't go to all the subforums.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #33  
Refreshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia7906 View Post
I've noticed some of what you say about shooting you down. That's one thing I can't stand about these boards. People treat their own opinions about particular issues as absolute truth and if it's working for them then everyone should be doing it too. It would be nice to see more acceptance of differences in choices and methods. One person's truth may not be someone else's truth. These boards can be real catty sometimes.
I, too, have noticed this, and I agree with you. The goal is the same/similar, everyone gets there in a different way.

The funny part about it is what works for their body now may not always work for them.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #34  

@berryblondeboys I agree with you 100% - HUGE difference between 10 years and 2 years!

I like to find a 'home' and for me before that was the 100lb club and so thats where I came back to again now that, well, I'm back to having to lose 100lbs. While I lurk on other areas I don't always post but I like to read recipes and look at success stories and photos etc. I'm not going to follow anything that isn't a fit for me (ie I'm not a 20 something anymore so why go there). I follow what resonates for me - I certainly also do not follow everything there is just way too much and I try not to be a jerk and sound like I'm a super know it all - if I knew it all... well.... I wouldn't have regained all my weight.

I like to share what worked for me before, what is working for me now, what HASN'T been working for me at all and I LOVE hearing everyone else's strategies. I find it also helps me to just share in general if I'm struggling - posting is an avenue for me to turn when I want to eat etc. We are all different...what works for one doesn't always work for another. @Durian is right - the goal is the same/similar for all of us - otherwise we wouldn't be here - but our paths and journeys are very personal and individualized. It's not a race, and it's not a competition (but hey if you are competitive person and that helps you then the competition threads are there!). We are here to give support and help each other succeed!
SunnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #35  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Olivia yes they can. I actually like to read what others are doing. Helps me tweak the by the book plans that are out there. Goodness knows I have a bunch of different plans put together to help me get through this journey and it is surely not by any ones book, but it is working for me right now

Durian, my point exactly, ditto

SunnyMac ... this is what I've said --> if I knew it all ... well.... I wouldn't have regained all my weight. I too like to share what is working for me. And to re-state what Durian said, the funny thing is what worked for me before doesn't seem to work when I try it again. keeps me learning and trying to figure it all out again. I keep coming back to the boards because here I feel as if most of the people I come in contact with will help me get through what I'm going through on this journey.
again I agree --> our paths and journeys are very personal and individualized. It's not a race, and it's not a competition (but hey if you are competitive person and that helps you then the competition threads are there!). We are supposed to be here to give support and help each other succeed!

thanks for starting this thread Rhonda, and it is nice to talk to talk/chat with nice people You all have a great day
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #36  

oh love2b I NOTHING I did the first time seems to be working the second time either!!!!!!! probably the only thing about my 20s that I miss!
SunnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote