Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone.

Down 0.7 for me today to 191.7. Nice to see that second one, it's been a long time. It puts me in a really good place going into this crazy wedding weekend, which starts tomorrow.

Rennie you're right. I married into a very big extended family and they all seem to have this mentality that every event has to be grandiose and done with such fervour. It's draining, both physically and financially. Not sure when our culture will catch up to the times (if ever). In any case, I am the MC tomorrow night, so I'm looking forward to some time off work and just enjoying the festivities.

Mandy nice loss even on your trip!

Olivia likely won't be able to check in tomorrow or Friday, so just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the move. Look forward to seeing you back when you're settled.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Olivia - we are in the Newaygo area. I love it after living in So. Cal my whole life. It's like camping with beds This past winter though... ugh... I was having Florida fantasies!!

Walked on the treadmill this morning for 5 miles, I have a cold starting and hopefully sweated the dumb thing away. 185.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #93  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2468 View Post

Olivia--You're an inspiration. I'll miss reading your strong posts while you're getting settled. It says your join date was Feb of this year. Did you lose all the weight since then?
Thank you, Sarah! Yes, I did lose practically 70 pounds in 4 months! No, I did not have weight loss surgery lol. I just happen to have found the absolute perfect weight loss formula for my body and it's been working like a charm

Donna - I also lived in So. Cal! I lived in Los Angeles for 3 years and San Diego for 2 years before coming back to Michigan in 2008. I've never been to the Newaygo area. Need to visit sometime!

Kukkie - thank you for the well wishes!

Today I did the elliptical for the first time this year. I got a nice burn in. After dinner tonight, I will be packing away my cast iron skillet, not to be used again until I have reached my destination lol....so I'm done with cooking after today...which will be weird because I cook every single day. Finding food outside of my kitchen sucks...but I'll manage well Tomorrow will be my last exercise day at the gym! Awww...I'm going to miss the people there.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!

Last edited by Olivia7906; 06-11-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone, haven't had a chance to get on the computer much. and sorry I don't remember everyone's names. Just checking in. How was that wedding Kukkie? I worry about those kinds of events, I know me...I make all the excuses in the world to eat. We have another graduation party this weekend. Hope I can behave myself. I have been keeping up with the exercising though. It helps that I love to be outside walking.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #95  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Donna, I got stuck between 168 and 172 I think it was and even bounced back up to 176 a few times. I always hope that I can learn from previous issues and not do the same thing again but I am finding that no cycle on this journey is ever the same and my body needs constant change. I am trying to figure out what to do now to get things moving again. Hopefully I won't have too big of a gain in the process Good job on your 5 mile walk, keep up the good work Hoping your cold symptoms go away

Olivia LOOK AT YOU GO I sure hope so on the scale, thanks Maybe I need to start that again. Salad with protein for lunch and dinner. Fruit and fiber for breakfast, idk. Good job on the elliptical. Enjoy/have fun your last few days in Michigan

Mandy, nice loss, keep up the good work

Sarah sorry your day didn't go as planned but at least you had great intentions and are back on the wagon today, way to go

Kukkie on your weigh in , enjoy your weekend and again my friend breathe

Mary good to see you and good job on walking

up .6 to 160.4, today is another off plan day but no worries. When I get tired of the mess and hole that I am making/digging on the scale I'll get it together.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-11-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #96  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

I stepped on the scale out of curiosity this morning to see if any of the sodium-induced water weight from my trip had come off, and I was down 2.2 from yesterday.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

Olivia--I know you're busy and I get it if you don't have time, but if you do, I'd be interested in knowing what it is that has worked for you. I understand all bodies and brains (since so much of this is in our heads as well as our bodies) are different, but I bet there is something to be learned for what you have found that works for you.
Mary--I have graduation parties too. This will be the third weekend in a row, and I have 2 more after this. It's hard to stay away from all that food. Good luck!
Rennie--I like your attitude...knowing that when you get tired of the hole you're digging you'll climb out.
Donna--great walk on the treadmill. I find it so much harder to walk that many miles on the treadmill vs. outside. Good for you.
Kukkie--good luck with the wedding weekend.
Mandy--down 2.2! Great job

Today was a good day for both food and exercise. Tomorrow I have two walks planned with 2 different friends. I find if I commit to a walk with a friend, I do much better about getting it done.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

still sick, but my weight was down to 184.4 hope it stays.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Rennie Good Attitude!
Fera Felia Great job on the 2.2 loss!
Sara I have another graduation party this Saturday too. I think I will wear a muzzle. I just finished my walk for the day. I could do another if it was so damp outside. That's awesome you have someone to walk with, I think my walks would go faster if I had someone along to push me.
and Lotsakids hope you feel better soon. but I like your attitude.

I hit the 5lbs. loss today! I look at it like a bag of sugar! Ain't carrying that around anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greatidea1.jpg (5.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #100  
~Rennie

Mandy on the 2.2lbs down ... way to go

Thanks Sarah, and I did a lot better when I had walking partners also ... the accountability and the companionship is a great motivator

Nice weigh in Donna, hope you feel better soon

Thanks Mary to you on 5lbs GONE

I'm up to 162.2, still eating my carbs. It amazes me how fast the scale numbers go up with carbs, smh.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #101  

Donna--glad the scale was down, but sorry you are still sick. Get well soon!
Mary--nice job on the 5 lbs! It is amazing to think of it in terms of something like a bag of sugar. And your muzzle idea for grad parties made me smile. It would be funny to show up with a pretty summer outfit on and a matching muzzle. I try a piece of gum...it sometimes works. At least I have to actively spit it out before I eat.
Rennie--I hope you shake the carb thing soon. Sounds like you're confident you will, which is great.

I had my run/walk and my second walk, both with friends. The run/walk was cut short because I wore my old sneakers and they were really hurting my feet. So no matter how muddy or wet it is outside, I will wear my new shoes. I have a walk scheduled with another friend bright and early tomorrow morning before work. When I exercise regularly, I eat better, so I'm glad that at least for now, I have some friends to help me get up and out walking.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #102  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Good Morning! First goal of the month met, down to 244

Juicing today, colon hydrotherapy tomorrow (deal on Groupon) -- I'll keep you posted on that :-)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #103  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Sarah - I will definitely share my methods soon

I'm just checking in shortly before I start loading this moving truck and getting on the road. This is my last post from Michigan! I'll check back in once I'm settled in Virginia! Have a great weekend all!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #104  
~Rennie

Thanks Sarah and me too I tend to eat better when I have put in the effort to walk also

Tonya good job on the goal met and please keep us posted

Olivia, wishing you safe travels, see you when you get to VA (on the boards of course)

I am calling it (flag down) "today is my LAST splurge day." I went to our family cookout and I ate and I ate. I didn't over stuff myself because I kept chugging the water. Every time I ate something I got another bottle of water. I got a lot of compliments and I wore shorts for the first time in forever. My daughter said, "I didn't know you had short shorts!" Mind you these shorts came mid thigh/end of my finger tip but she considered them short. I told her I have another pair daddy picked out that are a little shorter . I was surprised that he liked them but he did so I have them. My belly needs to go back down again before I can wear them and look decent . A lot of bloating damage has been down since Thursday (just sad) how quickly that happens. Weigh in today 163.8
Old 06-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #105  

Rennie--Good for you for knowing it's time to have reached the end of a splurge. Enjoy lots of good veggies today. I love the "short shorts" story, as if you were wearing shorts with a 2 inch inseam! Cute daughter.

We're going to a fathers' day brunch and we have a grad party this afternoon. The grad party is mostly desserts, so I am stating clearly that I will eat nothing there unless they have a fruit or veggie tray and then that's all I'll eat. I don't need desserts or chips, so I won't have them. I will report back on my success.
Closed Thread