Sunshine start of Summer - June 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • Good morning everyone.

Didn't have a chance to check in on the weekend. Hubby was gone for his cousin's stag weekend, so just me and Peanut. Did okay with eating, could have made some better choices, but overall okay. Lots of organizing and errand running happened as well.

My weigh ins
    Sat: 194.0 (I knew the up was coming)
    Sun: 192.9
    Today: 192.0 (say whattt?)

I am going to make it into the 180s by the end of this month if it's the last thing I do.
  • today 185.6 today!
  • Thanks Sarah, I hope your weigh in day goes well

Olivia, enjoy will you be checking in during the two weeks?

Kukkie great attitude ... way to go

Donna holding steady, great job through the weekend

I'm up .2. I had a lazy lazy morning. Not sure why I was so tired. I ended up having to drive two of the kids to school. I don't know what I did to the alarm because I sure remember setting it They were happy though because they got to sleep in. Ha they actually though they were staying home, fooled them they only have 3 more days of school after today, silly kids
  • Rennie--I hope you are feeling more rested and that tomorrow will be a more energetic day. Some days are just like that.

I exercised on all the days I wanted to this week and ate well most days. Tonight I was really hungry (ate lunch too early) and ate more than I needed at dinner, but not bad choices (bad quantities, good foods). No matter what the scale says, I did what I set out to do this week, and for that I'm happy.

Have a good night
  • Thanks Sarah I just told my daughter at 8pm that I was ready for bed, she said it's too early you have two more hours, kids are funny. I do hope that tomorrow is better also though. Great attitude Sarah, love it
  • I am home from my trip.

Weigh in to check the damage in the morning. I'm not *too* worried, even though I know it'll be up, I also know that's probably from all the sodium and restaurant crap I've had to eat over the lat several days. I've done my best to track my calories and from my guesswork I didn't go over, and on the 1 day my guesswork put me really close to my limit, I probably only went over by a couple hundred calories. A few days of prepared-by-me food, lots of water, and back to my regular walking routine should take care of all that and hopefully show me a loss by Friday.
  • Rennie--I like that your daughter decided what your bedtime should be. Too funny. I hope you didn't get in trouble for going to bed too early!
    Mandy--good attitude about the weigh in. Here's to a good Friday.

My weekly weigh in was 223, down 4 for the week (first week, so some of that is definitely just from stopping the junk). I'm happy with that, though I remember the days of 7+ pound losses the first week...but that was pre-menopause. It's all so much harder now! On to week two.
  • Rennie - I'll be able to check in through this Friday. After that, I'll be offline until I can get my internet hooked up at my new place and I'm sure I'll be busy with getting my apartment in order. So I may be MIA after this Friday but I'll be sure to come back as soon as I can

Today I'm going to do an extended workout at the gym and "try" to put in 5 miles on the treadmill. We'll see.

Have a great day all!!
  • Olivia - good luck with your move- we moved to Michigan 6 years ago and love it- have to admit after this past winter Virginia looks pretty good~

185 this morning. I was a little off on my IE yesterday - Late night Sunday meant I would have to wait until 3 to eat - decided not to do the whole 16 hour fast and ate at 1:00- back on it today.
  • Morning everyone. I'm up again, pesky fluctuations. 192.4 for me this morning.

I'm off from work this Thursday and Friday - hubby's cousin is getting married (big fat Indian wedding), save me from the food!!!! And I'm a bridesmaid. And my brother in law and his wife are flying in for the wedding as well, so it's going to be hectic. Point being that I'm stressing myself out at work trying to get as much done today and tomorrow as I possibly can. I have to remember to drink water, I barely had any yesterday and this morning I woke up completely parched.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Mandy, love the positive outlook, here's to a nice weigh in

Sarah, nice loss this week, keep up the good work I didn't actually go to bed until midnight I think. I was sitting here with my husband watching television and snacking on some saltines ... I should have been in my bed then maybe the scale wouldn't have been up this morning, smh.

Olivia I think that five miles will be a breeze for you you got this Ok we've got you till Friday

Donna I miss Virginia (big sigh) ... you are doing your thing scale is moving nicely, keep up the good work

Kukkie, breathe (ahhhh) LOL I have to laugh ... weddings always have you up and running. You'll be fine and everything will go smoothly Drink your water lady

I'm up 1.4 ... I think I just need to settle in at 158-160 for a while because it appears that this is where I'm going to be. SO just accept it, let be and then maybe I can move on.
  • love2B150 - I got stuck at 188-190 for 5 months! I think my body needed to reset itself and take a rest for a while. I learned a lot about maintenence though
  • Donna - yes this winter was HORRIBLE! Where in Michigan do you live? I've been living in Novi since 2008. But I grew up (20+ years) living in Southfield. Can't wait to get out of here! This time I'm not coming back lol

Rennie - Yes! Accept it, let it be and watch what happens! That's when the scale will start to pleasantly surprise you

Five miles did end up being a breeze for me surprisingly! I did 5.2 miles. I jogged 50 minutes straight at 5.0, then jogged 10 minutes at 4.5, then cooled down between 3.2 - 4.0 for 5 minutes. I recovered extremely quickly too and wasn't even out of breath. Whaaaaa?? I'm very happy about that!!

Lunch will be a nice size salad (green leaf lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, kalamata olives, onions, serrano peppers, avocado, bacon & mild cheddar) with a homemade spicy honey mustard dressing (olive oil, fresh garlic, sea salt, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, lemon juice, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce & sriracha sauce). Yaaaaaaasssssss!
  • Weigh in was 316.0 ... DOWN (!!!) 1.6 from last Tuesday!
  • FeraFillia--Nice loss!

Olivia--You're an inspiration. I'll miss reading your strong posts while you're getting settled. It says your join date was Feb of this year. Did you lose all the weight since then?

Yesterday wasn't great for me. I should have walked in the morning but thought I would have a break in the evening, but that didn't happen. So no exercise and then a rushed dinner that wasn't well planned. I ate too many calories for the day.

Today I will go for a walk/run this morning and that will set the mood for a much better day.