Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default The Oprah weight show rerun

I noticed that the really motivating Oprah show on people who had lost large amounts of weight was on today. I saw only half of it, but, among others, I caught the part about the guy who was 803 lbs. and hadn't been out of his house for 20 years. He had gastric bypass surgery and lost 300 some pounds, and got his life back.

The sad part was that they showed a statement on the screen that said the guy died on June 26, 2003 of congestive heart failure. Thank goodness, though, that in his last year or so of life he was able to get out and enjoy the stuff he hadn't been able to do in 20 years.

I think my favorite one on the show was the woman with the young daughter. She'd taken her daughter to Disney World and couldn't fit in the rides or through the turnstiles and was totally exhausted. After she went from 280 to 125 (I think she's less than 5 feet tall), she went back to Disney World and it was such a joy to see her and her daughter having so much fun. Truly inspiring!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:29 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I taped that and am going to watch when I get off work tonight.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:13 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I think Ms Oprah Winfrey should have a mailing list for emailing me when she's going to have a show w/weight loss people:

Dear Weight Loser:

I am having a show about Weight Loss on Monday July 28, 2002. It airs on Channel 12, WISN @ 4pm.

You requested that you receive this email update every time I am going to have Weighty Issues on my show.

Love,

Oprah
Old 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

She should!

Better yet, she should have all of us who are going to Chicago, and photos of those who can't come, on her show next spring.

I bet her weight loss shows are the highest rated. I'd certainly rather see a bunch of people who have lost weight than watch a Britney Spears interview.
Closed Thread