hi im new

• Im 46 and have lost weight on numerous occasions but this time I need to get it off and keep it off due to health problems any advice welcome
  • Hello and welcome. My only adivce is just keep working at it to find out what works for you.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • Hi.

health & physical endurance issues have been the best& strongest motivator yet to overcome my eating problem.
    hopefully it keeps you going.
  • Hello there

My best advice is the oft quoted Japanese proverb:

Quote:
    Fall down 8 times, get up 9.
    Or in my case, fall down more times than I can count but never stay down for the count.
  • Welcome!!! My advice, be true to yourself.
  • I just posted the same advice lol I'm a broken record - but my advice has always been to work on the WHY instead of the pounds. WHY we gain weight, WHY it's only coping mechanism, WHY it's comforting etc., work on that and the weight will take care of itself. If you neglect the why, you can lose a ton but most likely it'll come back around some day
  • Trazey, you are so right! I lost 93lbs 4 years ago...and never answered the WHY! Gained it back and more. Tackling it again for one last time. Weightloss is more MENTAL than PHYSICAL!

Now I can list my reasons of how I got here...
  • Welcome!!! While I do not have 100 lbs to lose this time, I wanted to offer some advice. I kinda belong here anyway, because over the years I have lost at least 100 lbs. The best advice is to keep going no matter what. No matter what the scale says, no matter what someone says to you, no matter how you feel, no matter what you slipped up and ate, and especially when you get the weight off-KEEP GOING!!!! It is a forever thing. I know, because all the times I lost weight, I thought I was done. Well, guess what? I'm right back here again. And now I have to listen to my own advice, because the last month has not been very rewarding. But I am going, and going, and going, until the weight is gone!!!!!