Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:41 AM   #121  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

future -- welcome back! I returned last month! Rennie has been a trooper!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #122  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Future! Yes, you can do this! It's a tough journey but all we can do is keep pushing forward

So I hope this isn't TMI lol, but I woke up in the middle of the night with this horrible stomach ache. I was confused because I have not been eating bad. Needless to say, my trip to the bathroom took off at least 1.5 pounds lol. So when I got on the scale this morning, I was down 2.25 lbs!! I'm now at 180.25 and getting ever so close to the 170's!

I'm going to grill some beef hot dogs for my girls today and just stick to my plan
Old 05-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #123  
Black Barbie

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

I'm down to 178.75 lbs this morning!! Finally in the 170's! Very happy! Now I'm ready to MOOOOVE!!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone!

Welcome back Future and LGW (I think I forgot to say that when I first saw you posting again).

Rennie - we're going to do better, we both know we can, so let's do it!!!

Olivia - ahhhh, congratulations!!!!! You're in the 70s. So happy for you.

As for me. Oh boy did I have a tiring weekend. It was my sister in law's bachelorette on Saturday. The spa we went to is right next door to this really well known bakery in the city that does custom cookies in 2.5 minutes - you pick your dough and toppings. Needless to say, we made a stop in after the spa. The place we went to for dinner had minimal options for this vegetarian who is allergic to far too many things. I thought I'd be safe with this arugula salad, but half the plate ended up being carrots, which I'm not allowed to eat. I ended up ordering a side of french fries so I wouldn't starve and they were wayy too salty. On the way home, we stopped for pizza because it was the only thing open that late and we were starving. I weighed in at 199.9 yesterday morning and FREAKED OUT. I knew it was water retention and late night eating, but still. Not a fun number to see when you've already moved past it.

As of this morning, I'm at 195.0 but my hands and feet still feel swollen so I know I'm still holding onto water. The good news is that yesterday afternoon, I made dinner for the next couple of days. I have my lunch today. And it's going to be one of our first HOT days this year, so I'll be chugging away that water.

Sorry for the long ramble. Hope my American friends enjoy a fantastic holiday today.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #125  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGW View Post
-- before I eat anything now I think about the recovery! You are right! It takes 3-4 days to recover. Your body is using your fat for fuel/energy and every time you eat fuel that you don't need your body uses that food for energy instead...and if you don't burn it off as fuel...it turns into fat! So you have to decide...do I want my body to burn the bad food I just ate...or continue to burn my existing fat!
LGW Keep up the good work Are you juicing according to a plan? Is it helping you to be regular? sorry if too personal. And are you losing a few ounces daily by juicing? I wish I could keep your before I eat anything thought in my head. As the days go by I seem to do worse and worse

LGW, thanks on the me being a trooper comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia7906 View Post
... it seems to take longer to recover than the days it takes to gorge LOL! I hate going back up on the scale after seeing a lower number....it gets under my skin lol. I definitely want to keep burning the stored existing fat!
Olivia, your determination will keep things moving Ha the scale going up gets under my skin also when I see it but you can't tell by the way I keep eating Olivia, not TMI at all ... I've done that before also, it's horrible when you wake up but when you see that scale number it's like wow I needed that cleaning out Nice weigh in, welcome to the new decade

back Future and thanks

Kukkie, I declare I am so trying I think doing better is just a myth to me sometimes, smh. But I will say, if you give me a plan to follow through the week (or the next five days till 5/31) I will do it with you. I think I need something to be accountable to/for short term or in spurts if that makes sense.

Went to my daughters and enjoyed the pool. I can't swim so I just enjoyed playing in the water with 3 of the them, two didn't want to go. We had fun and I was hungry on the ride home so I ate bagged popcorn. Not good I know but I wanted a cup cake, so I think the popcorn was a better choice. Today's weigh in 168.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #126  
Black Barbie

Rennie - I can't swim either lol, but I love to flop around in the pool lol. I declare I'm going to take lessons one day. Also, have you ever thought about sitting down in advance and creating an actual food plan that you could hold yourself accountable to throughout the weeks? I think that has been a big part of my weight loss success thus far. It takes the guess work out of what you're going to eat in the coming weeks and by planning it ahead of time, you can ensure that it is well-balanced and healthy.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #127  

No weigh in for me today. Woke up to find that our building has no water because a pipe burst on the street outside our building at some point last night. Talk about a hectic morning. I dropped Peanut off to daycare, and took my bedhead into the office to pick up my laptop. Came right back home and now I'm working from home. But in the process, I forgot to weigh in.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #128  
~Rennie

Olivia, I confess I am just BAD. I plan my meals on MFP and then decide I don't want that and then I eat what ever. All it takes for me is one wrong thing to enter my mouth and the day is ruined ... the ruined day turns into a few days here lately so I don't know what to do. I think I may just go back to the way I ate in May of 2010 when I first started or at least give it a week (the sodium will kill me) But I may try to eat a frozen meals (S/O, L/C and H/C) for lunch and dinner again. No thinking and I like them. I will keep you all posted.

Kukkie sorry about the hectic morning

Down 1.4 to 166.6. I know I'm gonna have a gain for the month but if I can just get below 165 I'll be happy (not really but it will have to do)
Old 05-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #129  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Yay for a short week! Will take me a few days to recover from the last weekend and get ready for the new one coming up, ha. I think that's why work days were invented - give us a chance to recoup!

I'm up 3 pounds due to the holiday weekend. Didn't workout and ate off plan most days. Getting back on track today! I have a few co-workers who are working on running/weight loss too and we all apparently went off track this weekend.

LGW/Olivia, you make great points about having to recover for a week after a day of binging! I'm sure I will pay the price for the holiday weekend...would think we all would learn by now, right??

future, welcome back!! Glad to see you recommitting and joining our group! I don't weigh daily either but the accountability keeps me in check most days and I always think about this group when I'm successful and when I'm de-railing!

Kukkie, man what a crazy morning! No water can really make mornings and life tough!! Water, electricity, transportation, etc...all those are things we lean on in every aspect and when they break down or get removed unexpectedly, it throws the whole world into chaos! Congrats on making it through!

Rennie, LOL your cupcake vs bagged popcorn comment made me laugh. Yes, you did make a better choice. I love pools..I had one growing up. I am considering getting one installed at my house...I think I would really enjoy it. Not sure I would enjoy the cost
Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #130  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Rennie -- I'm not juicing according to any plan. I'm doing the personal trainer food plan and walking. I hit a little bit of a plateau and decided to juice last weekend to see if I can shake things up! I did it this weekend as damage control for the 2 wedding receptions and holiday!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #131  
~Rennie

akelly, I wish I could learn by now I often wonder will I ever learn. LOL on the cupcake ... there's a GiGi's Cupcake near my daughter so the cupcake would have been a definite that would have started a major binge, smh.

Thanks LGW, good job on sticking to your guns with the juicing

ok it's only 12:48, I ate 15 saltines with a 1.5 to go cup of Jif and 20 sour cream and onion chips ... 590 calories and 51 carbs in just that, smh. I'd like to say I'm done for the day but we know that's a lie ...
Old 05-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #132  
Black Barbie

LGW - I LOVE juicing. From personal experience, I have gained many detoxification and health benefits from it. I do periods of juicing sometimes, and I always have 1 juicing day a week. I won't even get into the weight loss benefits....CRAZY!!

Rennie - How did the rest of your eating day go yesterday?

I'm down 0.75 lbs to 176.25 this morning. Couldn't be more pleased! When I look at how much weight I have to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 130, it doesn't seem so bad! I've lost more weight already than what I have to lose to get to goal
Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #133  
~Rennie

Olivia you are doing great, nice weigh in, keep up the good work Well the rest of my day went down the tubes ...
2446 calories, 294 carbs I had a feast with dry frosted flakes last night.

Hoping today will be better

Last edited by love2b150; 05-28-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #134  

I am having a really really hard time staying on track. I just can't seem to get a grip. Had chips last night, cookies today. Weighed in this morning at 195.6. Not happy with myself at all.

But someone made a really good point a couple of days ago: planning. I am not doing any planning. And I absolutely have to get back to that and then just stick to it.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #135  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi y'all.

I was here before under another ID... most just called me Mandy because it was easier. 2 years of stressful life packed on all the pounds previously lost and got me to a new high, and so I am back. Might not weigh daily, but I wanted to drop in and say hi to anyone who was still here.
Closed Thread