Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #76  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Rennie, I'm not the bride (it's my brothers wedding) just a bridesmaid but I will be sure to post a pic when I come back Water weight can add TONS on the scale. I remember binging one time and ate an entire 9 oz bag of jalapeno cheese puffs, the next day ate wings and onion rings and a burger and fries, and when I say that I had swollen up like a balloon? It was unbelievable! When I pressed my legs, they left HUGE indentations and my body was visibly swollen all over. Excess sodium is no joke!! For me, it usually takes 4 disciplined days to get rid of all of it. You'll see your 150's again this week!

Last edited by Olivia7906; 05-12-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone!

Crazy weekend over here. Honestly, my place looks like a tornado ran through it. Keeping up with a toddler is NOT an easy task, especially when you've still got boxes you're trying to unpack. Oy vay.

Went out for mother's day lunch yesterday, and then ordered pizza for dinner last night. Why you ask? I couldn't tell you. I'm at 194.0 this morning.

I do have some things working in my favour today though. Beginning today, hubby is on a different shift at work, which means he's gone before we leave and he comes back after we get home. So that means, I'm walking from home to the bus, then from the next bus stop to Peanut's daycare, then I walk to the office, and reverse that at the end of the workday. All in all, it's about 45-1 hour of walking, 5 days a week for the next six weeks. Felt kinda gross and sweaty by the time I got to work, but at least I have no meetings this morning and I'm in before most people so I can fix myself up. And I've already had half a litre of water. The other good thing is that he won't be getting home so late, so I can still hit the gym for weights in the evening. I'm looking forward to it - miss the burn!

Okay, enough talking - have a great day everyone!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #78  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend and got to celebrate someone special or be celebrated by loved ones I enjoyed spending time with my mom and brother and did not eat off plan all day! Had my doctor appt on Friday and got put on 1/2 pill of phentermine for 30 days. Did not want a full dose and did not want it to be long term. I ran yesterday and it felt great. Really excited to see this progress this summer

Kukkie, the walks will be nice...hopefully not too much of a hassle and burden on you. Great silver lining perspective there!

Olivia, you look gorgeous!!! Congrats on the dress!! Non scale victories like that are sooo rewarding mentally and physically!

Rennie, sodium is the devil! It gives a false sense of weight! But just flush it out and try to stick to your plan and you should see s good whoosh again
Old 05-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #79  
Black Barbie

Good Morning Everyone!

akelly - thank you so much! So how does phentermine work? (if you don't mind me asking). Will it help reduce your weight without you having to cut calories?

It is ovulation week for me. The scale does not budge during ovulation week no matter what I do lol I remember trying to "defeat ovulation week" by forcing the scale to move and doing about 5 miles on the treadmill. I got on the scale the next day and "whaaamp whaaaaamp".........I had been defeated lol. So I just accept that it will have its victory 7 days out of the month I'm going to need an extra spanx or bodyshaper to flatten the massive bloat I get during this week because it will be at its worse ON the wedding day

I just took measurements again and have lost (measuring both arms, bust, waist, hips, and both thighs) 21 inches off my body!! More than 6 inches off my waist so far and I've just slid under 36 inches lol (35.50 inches). I didn't take measurements from the start of my journey, which I should have done so I could know the true loss in inches. This is after two months I think. Yippeee!

Happy Tuesday!

Last edited by Olivia7906; 05-13-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #80  

Olivia! That's awesome (about the inches)!!!! Go you. I like to wear spanx under formal clothes as well. Just gives me that extra confidence knowing that things are smoothed out.

I'm up 0.5 today to 194.5 - what the fudge? Probably my body holding onto some water. For the first time in a LONG time, I actually got in my entire 2 litres of water yesterday, and stuck to only one coffee! So proud of myself.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #81  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL Olivia, I know I just love gowns or formals I should say. I love the elegant look. Thanks for the encouragement on the 150's ... I've done so much poor eating it's just sad. on the inches. YOU GO GIRL.

Kukkie what a great kick start, but sorry about the sweaty-ness before work I use to hate that when I was walking to work. But you know it will do the body good Great job on your water intake

akelly, well good for you. How often do you have to weigh in? I had to go every two weeks. That's my issue here lately sticking to plan. It's as if I have lost my good food mind after 4pm.

I am up to 168 today. Rings are tight. What's funny is that I went to Kroger on Saturday and was doing something and threw my hand up quickly and my ring on my right hand flew off, today it will take a tug to get it off. I don't want to speak on what my plan will be today because ... because

Have a great day Ladies

Last edited by love2b150; 05-13-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 05-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #82  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Olivia, no it reduces your appetite and increases your energy - so it is helping me to say no (b/c I'm not hungry like I used to be) to foods and focus on eating several small meals throughout the day, not just eat and eat, and then overeat at dinner b/c my stomach is hungry. The hunger growls and carb cravings that we all know (and hate) really challenged my willpower (or lack of) and after working 11-12 hour days I would lose all motivation and just veg out and go to bed. So this will help me here at the beginning to just get going and establish my routine and lose the first 15-20 pounds then back on my own. Congrats on the inches!! 21 in two months is amazing!!!!

Kukkie, congrats on the water intake! I find that sometimes if I have worked out a lot (or in your case all the walking) and then I intake more water than normal, my muscle are inflamed and holding onto that water and my scale bounces up even though the weight is not "fat". So frustrating but it will go back down

Rennie, haha crazy how bodies are sooo sensitive sometimes, and then other weeks it feels like we can pour liquid chocolate down our throat and still lose weight. Those weeks are rare, but man are they nice. When I see I didn't gain much after being off plan, I look up and thank God for the gift LOL.

Stayed on plan yesterday 100%. Got to the hotel late from the office last night but still went and ran 1 mile on the treadmill around 11pm. Have a good Tuesday!!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #83  
~Rennie

akelly great job on staying on plan yesterday and on the mile, you go GIRL

Picture of me taken Saturday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0209.jpg (61.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #84  
Black Barbie

Rennie - YOU LOOK GREAT!! That's a nice picture!

akelly - Thanks for the explanation. I've heard a few other people around the forum mention it and was curious as to how it works.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #85  
Black Barbie

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried a burger with a fried egg on it?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #86  
~Rennie

Thanks Olivia ... nope no egg on a burger, but if you add some sage to the burger meat, you will have a sausage and egg
Old 05-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #87  
Black Barbie

lol okay, because I was watching Man V. Food on the travel channel the other day and the host visited a restaurant where they put a fried egg on a burger. That's interesting to me and I think I will try it one day lol.

Scale the same today as expected (183.25) but I am SUPER SUPER happy with that weight right now! When I sucked my waist in this morning and measured it, I got 34.75 inches!!! Never been able to get that kind of measurement with a sucked in waist lol. I am loving all this shrinkage going on lol.

Last day before flying out to the wedding!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #88  

What the fudgeeeeee - Up 2lbs to 196.1 this morning. Was NOT a happy camper.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #89  
~Rennie

Olivia, on your shrinking waistline. I wish I read something about your waistline being half your height. Well that won't happen for me but it was a good picture to have in the brain

Kukkie could be the heat, water in your muscles, keep your head up.You're doing what you're supposed to do so your whoosh is coming

I ate ok yesterday. No bread-ie carbs and the scale was down 2.8 of water weight. I'm hoping to do better today and have a nice weigh in on Friday

Last edited by love2b150; 05-15-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-15-2014, 04:23 AM   #90  
Black Barbie

Thanks Rennie!

Well I'm off to the airport ladies! I'll check back in about 4-5 days. Scale said 182.75 lbs this morning! Nice 1/2 lb down as a travel gift!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Closed Thread