Blossoming Spring Flowers - May 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Kukkie glad your weight is back down Sorry about the toothache, hope you get some relief soon

Ladies I just made the best one minute muffin ever

1/4 cup flaxseed meal
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp coconut oil (gonna substitute Promise light the next time
    1/2 tsp cherry gelatin

I sprayed the cup with bakers joy. I put cool whip on top and it was delicious
  • way to go akelly ... show him how we do it great job on the pound I love Ikea also, and miss being able to go when I wanted. Everything was so convenient when we were in VA it took almost 2.5 hours to get there but my daughter had her heart set on it so we went
  • May
    1. 222.2 - 2,020 calories - 170 grams protein - rest day. just cleaned, did laundry and shopped. and chased a screaming toddler while shopping. does that count for cardio?
    2. 222.8 - 2,012 calories - 159 grams protein - squats and bench today. not super intense, but i did get to 90% of my max in squat and 95% of my max in bench.
    3. 226.4 - 3,353 calories - 145 protein - rest day
    4. 226.8 - 1,840 calories - 162 protein - rest day
    5. 225.0 - 2,791 calories - 181 protein - squat, bench, deadlift
  • Rennie, I am about an hour and fifteen mins from ATL so I understand having a drive to get to the "good" shopping. All my town offers is a Dillards and Macys...Nordstrom, Ikea, Niemans, Crate and Barrel, etc are all in ATL. Frustrating but I would prob be broke as a joke if I lived in a shopping town, lol!

Would love to try your muffins but I am allergic to eggs And seafood and tomatoes... blah!
  • Morning y'all. Barely slept a wink last night. Peanut is congested and has a cough again. Argh. Honestly, I bow down to the mommas who have done this with more than one child. I cannot even imagine going through this again.

In any case, managed to come down 0.6 to 192.9. Hoping to continue this downward trend. Hoping everyone has an on point day!
  • Hanging in there....definitely noted a stall when I started walking...but clothes are looser....definitely a gain if I work late! Sticking to the plan! :-)
  • Good morning friends! Having a good day so far. I stayed on plan yesterday except for having 2 chicken tenders last night. That's a win in my book, lol. made an appointment to see my doctor on Friday for appetite issues. I saw him 4 years ago and he put me on 1/2 pill of phentermine to help boost the energy and most importantly control the appetite. Hoping that will help me get these cravings under control, at least here in the beginning while working on my new journey!

Kukkie, man I'm sorry Sick babies are tough and so hard on the heart strings. Hoping your sweet little one gets to feeling better soon!

LGW, congrats on the looser clothing! That's always exciting to notice a difference
  • akelly I wonder if you can find a substitute for the egg. I am starting to think eggs do something to me. When I eat them boiled and sometimes scrambled I have this awful burping thing afterwards, drives me nuts, the smell is horrid. But in the one minute muffin I don't think there is an issue. Maybe because you microwave it, idk Sorry to hear about your allergies. I love seafood especially blue crab which was readily available up north. LOL I use to live near all of those stores but I love Goodwill also and the ones in the area we lived in were great unlike here where most things to me should have been trashed. My daughter use to say I am the only person she knows that can go to a thrift store and buy things that look new or that still have the tags on them . Good job on the chicken tenders. cravings are the beast

Kukkie, sorry to hear Peanut isn't feeling well. I hope he feels better soon. Do you have a vaporizer? that helped our children when they were congested with a little Vicks vapor rub Great job on the 192 , I'm happy for you

Tonya, good to see you Sorry about the stall, but inches are dropping so that's a great NSV

I have am up of 2.8lbs since yesterday. I know it's water so I'm not worried. I am up 4.2lbs from my low still not worried. I have a better mind set for some reason this go around. I have had four totally off plan days. My carbs have been really high these days. So once I get that under control I'll be fine. TOM showed up for one day and then gone. I am not understanding this stage of life with my body. But this happened last year in August so it is what it is maybe I'm about to go through menopause I plan to go to the gym this afternoon to help with the up and start tomorrow fresh with low carb low cal
  • made it to the gym burn 569, 4.11 miles ... scale looks good right now hope the morning brings a smile
  • WHOOSH! my first in 17 months. I am back down to 160.0. That walk/jog - (tried to) run I did yesterday that had my back aching last night did what it was supposed to do. We have church tonight so as soon as I get my daughter on the bus I am headed to the gym I WILL be back in the 150's tomorrow

I hope you all have a great day
  • Yayyyyy Rennie - happy whooshing!

I'm up 0.2 to 193.1, but that's okay. Daily ups and downs. Had an interesting morning of getting ready with no power for a good chunk of this AM Delayed caffeine going into my system.
  • Nice whoosh Rennie!! Way to go!! Love when that happens

Kukkie, no power??? Man, that stinks! Nothing like a shake up to get the morning going, right? Just poured my first cup of caffeine into my blood stream so hoping to get my energy soon!

As for me, yesterday was a good day! I rocked the food plan. I woke up about 2am starvingggg and just had 2 handfuls of mixed nuts, some water, and went back to bed. Hate that I had to get up and eat something - but way better than walking to the lobby of the hotel and grabbing candy bars and Mt. Dew! I did 1.5 miles of jogging at Katy Trail here in Dallas. So awesome. Got to use my new Garmin Forerunner watch - loveee it!!! Can't wait to weigh in on Saturday morning and see who wins the challenge (me or my bf!). It will be me!!

Hope everyone has a smooth Wednesday... it's downhill from here!!!
  • Thanks Kukkie, glad you can chuckle about no power, the few times that it happened to us drove me nuts. I can deal with it in the evening but not getting children up, ready and out of the house

Thanks akelly I was shocked, I have never seem a scale drop like that from night to morning but I'm a step on step off move the scale step on step off person so it was real I'm not gonna lie I sure wanted to see 159 that's another reason for getting off and on Good job on not going to the lobby Rooting for you on Saturday

I made it to the gym this morning, wasn't my best but I did it.
  • Starting weight: 206.0
    Ending weight: less than that!

01: ---
    02: ---
    03: ---
    04: ---
    05: ---
    06: ---
    07: ---
    08: 206.6 (+0.6)
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
  • Rennie - great job on the whoosh! I love those!

I have made it into the 180's! I weighed in at 188.00 this morning. Now I am READY for this wedding (I'm a bridesmaid) next week!

My body has shrank significantly in inches. I'm going to take new measurements on Monday to see where I'm at. I'm back in my size 12 jeans!!