Height: 5'6"

Have a great trip Lotsakids!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #47  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Good morning, ladies!

Woke up today and the scale surprised me with a nice 173.4.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

179.4 today! I am really happy about this. First time I have seen a 170 somethiing. I have lost 77lbs!
What are all of your weekend plans? I know Lotsofkids is going out of town, well think she has left.
I am going to a graduation with my daughter tonight. Saturday we will run a few errands and my mom is coming over with tacos sat night and we will watch some movie. I think I will make my black bean burgers to have for myself. On sunday my mom and my daughters and I are going on a daytrip to a town about an hour away and going to a space museum. It is really hard. This is my first Mother's Day without my son.
Have a wonderful healthy weekend!

Last edited by scarletmeshell; 05-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #49  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

I just weighed in at 191.4 this morning! So excited to finally get into the 180s! I never thought I'd enjoy this journey so much! With every pound i'm noticing new changes in my body and it's so exciting Also I finally fit comfortably in my size 14 work pants and my new size 14 shorts 8-) ...next step size 12....I think the 170s will bring me those....
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #50  
On my way to -70

Woo hoo, scarletmeshell!!!! I am so happy for you! Doesn't it feel wonderful!?

I was 174.0 this morning. No big deal; I ate a protein bar I shouldn't have eaten last night right before gong to bed.

Welcomr to our thread, skintoskin!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #51  

178.8 this morning! It is so crazy that I was stuck for so long and now loosing again. I really hope I remember this next time I get stuck.
Paulitens,you know you said you were up a little bit because of eating before you went to bed. Those small fluctuation don't bother me. What does bother me when it goes up a few pounds because of high sodium.
I used to do a lot of scale hopping because I couldn't get the same reading twice. My new scale isn't like that. Also I don't keep my scale in the bathroom anymore. I keep it in the hall and take it with me in the bathroom in the morning. I read somewhere that the humidity from the shower can damage the scale eventually which makes sense.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #52  
On my way to -70

Good morning, ladies! 173.8 this morning... after a crazy day of a little over eating. I went to town with my friend's husband's pork ribs. Man, they were so good and I had not eaten ribs in such a long time...! Anyhow, the damage was still minimal. Like I was telling the girls in the 170s thread, as long as I am in control instead of the food being in control of my cravings, I'll continue losing.

So anyway... yesterday I met with my best friend and we had not seen each other since mid-March or so. I had not seen her husband in months. He was very impressed with how slim I looked and I got many compliments from both of them. It made me feel very good because I wasn't really expecting my friend to make any comments on my weight (since the last thing she said about it was the oh, so snarky "why do you bother? you'll get pregnant and get fat again"). But she was very encouraging. And I posted some pictures on Facebook from a girl's night out with my friends on Thursday and many of my friends commented on how slim and pretty I look, even when the pictures were really goofy (I am abstaining from posting pictures of the "process," I want to post full-body pictures once I shed all the weight). But anyway... all this was such a boost! When my husband hugs me he calls me "skinny" and grabs me really tight; he had a gastric sleeve surgery last August and lost 120 lbs, so his tummy is not in the way anymore (neither are my 40 DDD boobs). All these things make me feel so pretty and self confident! I don't like fishing for compliments but I love it. I think that even though we're all doing this for ourselves, a word of encouragement here and there is always necessary.

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-10-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #53  

Paulitens that made me cry! All of it. I am thrilled you got compliments as you should and you and hubby are able to be closser!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #54  
On my way to -70

Awwww! That is so sweet, scarletmeshell! Thank you!

How is y'all's Mother's Day going? I'm indulging a bit on Mother's Day chocolates I got at church. I know I shouldn't... but... oh, well, I'm pregnant. I wasn't going to spill the beans because the first months are always the toughest ones and anything can happen to that little one, so I'm always very cautious. Other than my family and my best friend nobody else knows. I found out on 5/5, and I'm 5 weeks along. I always wait to let others know until the first trimester is over but I think that having that little nugget of knowledge helps you understand why I went to town with the ribs. LOL. It also explains all the wacky eating and lack thereof in the past days. I'll just cross my fingers that it's a healthy pregnancy like the other two and that I have another baby girl (yes, I want a Little Women house). And I'll continue eating healthy, only indulging in a few cravings here and there not to make myself miserable. I don't intend to put on much weight (5-10 lbs is fine for an obese woman, which is what I am, still... :S); I know it's possible because I only gained 5 lbs with my second pregnancy, so I'll continue keeping an eye on my calorie intake/burn, and avoiding starches and sugars, to have another healthy pregnancy.

Anyhow... for Mother's Day I got a fitbit, which is very exciting because now I will be able to exactly calculate how many calories I burn per day. Every day is a guessing game when I try to put that data into LoseIt! No more guessing now!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful, whether you have children of your own, or you're aunties, or teachers, or moms of the heart.

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-11-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Paulitens!!! congratulations!

Scarlett - rockin' the 170's

We had a very successful regional competition and we are the Regional champions! Not only that but we are back to back regional champs! We lost one game (we killed ourselves) for a record of 12-1. This competition is always the most stressful of the year because only the top 4 teams move on to the National competition.

I've decided to give myself the day off of the scale today. I did my best eating on plan but our budget put us at Micky D's a lot. I ordered my sandwich without a bun and side salad, and brought food to eat for breakfast and lunch in the cooler. Still felt awful snacky.

two people I've known for years were talking to me (at different times during the competition) and they both said they stood there for the longest time talking to me before they realized who I was

Yesterday after posting a picture of our team (and coach mom) on fb I got a message from another quiz coach from another region- he said he looked at the picture for a long time trying to figure out who the other quizzer was.

Last edited by lotsakids; 05-12-2014 at 10:33 AM.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #56  

Paulitens!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family! I cried again! Congrats. That is wonderful news. I thought about you yesterday. We went to a barbq place last night for dinner. I ate way to much yesterday and am retaining water like crazy. Even my lips are swollen.
I made it thru the day ok. For the last 2 weeks I was missing my son so bad but my girls and my mother and I took a day trip and it was fun.
Lotsakids, Congrats Donna! So happy for your win and the compliments you got.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Paulitens! Congratulations!! Can't believe you only gained 5lbs during your last pregnancy, that's amazing!! Well, I hope everything goes well and you get your wish to have another daughter! Will you want to know the sex before or do you like the surprise?

And well done to you lotsakids!! Sounds like you wiped the floor with the others!!!

Welcome skintoskin!!

As for me, grrrr - still at 180 after a couple weeks dancing round this number. It seems my body likes being 180 - not an ounce lost - how can this be?! But, at least I'm not gaining I guess. It's just, I'm 30 pounds from my goal - I don't want to start maintenance yet!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #58  
On my way to -70

Congrats, lotsakids! What do you play?

Awwww, scarletmeshell! You're going to make ME cry! (which isn't hard at all lately, hahaha!)

Thank you, Jennybuttler! I hope I get my wish of another healthy pregnancy, not much weight gain, and a little girl at the end of it all. We do try to find out the sex of the baby because I like to plan. If we have another girl she'll be set with clothes and shoes! LOL.

Today was my official weight in day and I did not even lose 1 whole lb. But considering all that I ate last week, I'm lucky I lost 8 ounces. Hahaha! Hey, it's something!

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-12-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Bible Quiz, every year the kids memorize books of the bible (it is a rotation over 9 years- last year was the book of Matthew, next year it will be Romans and James) This year they memorized (word for word) 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, 1st and 2nd Timothy, Titus, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John. They quiz over the material, it is very intense. Now they are studying for Nats (the questions get harder with every level) and I am trying to raise money to go! It is in Fort Lauderdale FL this year.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #60  
On my way to -70

That is super cool! Is it the King James version of it, or one with a more modern English? When I lived in Argentina I taught Seminary to the youth in my church and we used to have local competitions for which we had to memorize Bible verses but it was just some verses, not the whole thing. I can only imagine how tough that is!

I checked my weight this morning and the scale didn't budge. 173.4 again. I wonder if I'll make it to 172. I'm not having morning sickness yet (my morning sickness is very constant throughout the day but I don't throw up or anything, it's constant but not too bad). We shall see where this whole thing takes me, weight-wise.