Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

CrazyCat sorry about your skinny ears! I had to have my glasses adjusted. Guess my head isn't as fat as it used to be!
Llilith I do 1200 a day. I use myfittnesspal and it keeps track of everything. I too have had a hard time with weekends lately. Not sure why. I have had a lot of bday parties and baby showers but that didn't used to be an issue. Saturdays are the hardest for me.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

190 today, bad bad weekend filled with too many running meals My daughters did a concert at a church so lots of practices etc. We were tired this morning. Another bad weekend coming up though as we are traveling to our regional competition(MI to KY) for bible quiz. Hoping that the stress of competition and bad food choices don't kick me in the behind!!!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #33  

Lotsakids, Hey Donna, hope you have a great trip! You know even when you make good choices eating out the sodium can add so much water weight. At least for me anyway.
I plan on taking my dog for a walk this morning while it is still cool. It is supposed to be 100 degrees today!
181. something this morning. I weigh as soon as I wake up and am to sleeping to remember the exact number but my fancy scale remembers. I am very proud of myself that I figured that scale out!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #34  

good for your fancy scale Scarlet! Still the same today but not bad considering we ate tacos for Cinco De Mayo last night. I ate under control, but the carbs were still pretty high :P
Old 05-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #35  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

scarletmeshell - thank you! I survived the day. I rushed and finished my very mediocre paper 8 minutes before its deadline at midnight. My brain was falling out of my ears at that point anyway. But I couldn't write a proper conclusion or anything, I'll be lucky to get a B on it. Oh well, it's done. And the anxiety that came with it and the constant, crazy eating. And my summer vacation is officially started so to celebrate I'm folding laundry from the past 2 weeks that kept being put off. LOL

Hi Lilith! Yes, it felt pretty good to fit in that old outfit again. I even got complimented on wearing red. Not on being thinner. That doesn't seem to be the norm among women, why is that!? If I see someone losing weight I compliment them on it! Anyhow... whatever. I'm glad I'm not doing this for others but 100% for myself.

About the calories, have you thought about keeping the 1200 calorie budget and having a "free" day when you can indulge without feeling guilty or counting calories? That's what I will do when I meet my goal.

CrazyCatWoman - that is so interesting! It's true, what Lilith say, that we lose weight in places we least expect it. My feet are also skinnier, and I think my nose too. Seriously. I think my nose is skinnier than before, at least it looks like it.

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #36  

ugh! 192 today, I know its water, I did my exercise and didn't overeat, will be drinking gallons today.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Hey y'all!!

I was bang on 180 this week too Llilith! Hoping to break into the 170s and stay there next week. As for the calories, I have a 1200 - 1400 goal. I aim for 1200 but have up to 1400 as a buffer zone. I prefer to stay at the lower end but if I have a day where I want more, or it just happens that way then 1400 it is and the next day I try to aim for 1200 and no more. On average I'd say I have two or three 1400 days a week.

Woo for your summer vacation starting Paulitens! Now with less stress you'll get back on track no problem!

Hope your road trip goes smoothly Donna!

I too struggle on Saturdays Scarletmeshell, I think it's because there's no strict routine and although we try and do family things on Sundays, Saturdays are a bit more 'free', which isn't good for me as it means my hands get a bit too free in the kitchen and are reaching all over the place for things they shouldn't be.
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #38  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I'm sorry to hear about that, lotsakids! That's got to be very frustrating.

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #39  

Lotsakids, Donna sometimes tacos are worth it!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #40  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone - just checking in. No weight to report since I'm staying off the scale til next Wednesday to see how my calorie adjustment affects things longer term.

I feel less obsessive knowing that the calories are there if I want them - it's weird what a difference a couple hundred calories makes in my head. I guess this weird relationship I have with food is what got me in this mess to begin with - the key now is not letting it win!

Scarlet - what brand is your new fancy scale? I was thinking about getting one that remembers weights.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #41  

tacos are always worth it thankfully I only make them a couple of times a year.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I know I don't belong here, but I'm lurking.

Donna, we love tacos and they can be healthy depending on what you put in them. The last time I made them my DH's blood pressure went sky high. I think it was the sodium in the little packet of taco seasoning I used. A woman on another forum gave me a recipe for making my own without salt, so I can't wait to try it and see if there's an improvement.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #43  

Still stuck around in the 180s... I am not sure if I am doing anything about it any longer

Last edited by nlauah; 05-08-2014 at 08:51 AM.
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #44  

Llilith the scale is Health o Meter, the doctor's scale. It remembers 2 peoples weight from the last time you wieghed in. It did take me a bit to figure it all out. You step on the scale and get your weight. Then step off and a number 1 and 2 flashes. You stomp on the scale when your number flashes. Then there will be an up or down arrow if you lost or gained and then difference. Very proud of myself that I figured it out.
Tacos.....my mom is bringing tacos over for dinner sat night. I think I am going to have my own black bean version.
180.4 today.

Last edited by scarletmeshell; 05-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #45  

I usually don't eat corn at all so just the tortilla was a shock to my system I think. I did use fresh ones and draped them (2) over the rack in the oven until they were crisp.

189.2 this morning and I am going scale free for the next couple of days. Heading to KY as soon as the rest of the car is packed. We have a laptop so hopefully I'll get to check in (depends on internet access) Not looking forward to a 8 hour car trip and its getting later and later. Love my husband but he dawdles