Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello, dropping in for a little minute. The last week has been crazy making to say the least. Our friend and her 4 kids moved in and we've been getting ready for VBS at our church. It started last night (and will continue through the week) and then the girls are singing on Saturday.

I weighed in at 178.6 this morning - I had a couple of 180 days that made me crazy and said if it continued I was going to change my weight ticker. Apparently my body heard me LOL.

Thanks for love on my picture! I figured it was time

Paulitens - you've got this! Sometimes a break is just what we need to get back in the saddle!

Scarlett- hoping that this week is full of good memories of your son.

New Bones??? My tail bone is giving me fits. I may have to start sitting on one of those donut pillows! But I love seeing collar bones
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #332  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

Finally peeked at 186! Happy about that! Would love to be out of 180's by end of August, so I am crossing my fingers and toes. 170's is new territory for me in my adult life and would be such an accomplishment. And after the 160's would be like OMG! territory. I am ready for new and OMG!
The only bad part about 186 today is that is one pound away from calorie recalculation, which I do every ten pounds, so I am going to lose some food allowance . Getting myself mentally prepared ....

lotsakids Collar bones! Yes they are a nice addition that I did not know I even missed .

Paulitens You have such a great positivity, I need some more of that right now . I truly doubt it will take you three weeks to get back to the low 170's if you are back to your routine, so that's a plus--unless it really is all baby, one big baby How far along are you, if you don't mind me asking?
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #333  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Lotsakids -- It was a fun little break, I got to eat Greek food twice last week, and all sorts of yummy and fattening shakes, hahaha! But... it's done. I could feel my body asking for mercy.

MarliQQ -- I'm almost 17 weeks along, and yes, I'm starting to feel my baby belly (you know, as opposed as my fat belly ) a little bit but I know most of this weight gain is not baby because my new bras aren't fitting as well as they did when I bought them (I was already pregnant). I just notice myself a little fuller in the face, hands, etc. I know there must be a good deal of water retention too. So I made myself a calendar to see how long it will take me to go back to normal. I think that at this stage of my pregnancy the low 170s (170-172) were fine and would like to go back to that. I don't want to exceed 176 by the time I deliver, if possible, but I won't panic if I do.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #334  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Paulitens I am rooting for you . I know they say you don't have to gain a ridiculous amount of weight during pregnancy, but that is all I have ever seen happen --well there was a friend I once had, who gained nearly nothing, but she was one of those chronically skinny girls who seemed to be able to eat anything she wanted. I remember that her baby bump was negligible almost all of her pregnancy
...the baby girl turned out to be really tiny though.
So just know I am putting pressure on you to be example of the perfect pregnancy for the average woman, so I can have hope!!!
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #335  
On my way to -70

LOL No pressure at all, Marli!

I know girls who don't gain weight but they're skinny or average/healthy/normal (?), and then I have a friend who started her pregnancy a few lbs over her ideal weight and lost a whole bunch in the third trimester, eating normally and all.

I still have one pregnancy to go (we want to have four kids), and I'm hoping to be in my healthy weight when that happens. We'll see how I'll do with that one because I was seriously panicking when I found out about this one, not because I wasn't ready for another baby but because I didn't want to lose a good chunk of the progress I had made to date. :P Then I decided I needed to chill or stress was going to become more damaging to us (husband and other two kids included) than my weight.

Now I'm headed to bed and I had a rather successful, healthy day. It would have been a lot better if I had worked out but I'm WAY too tired for that. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-29-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #336  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm I had a hot dog, and it was in my budget, and it was goooooooOOOOOoooood. Sodium doom on the scale tomorrow, but I drank a lot of water.

Yeah, studying BLOWS. I'm so tired of accounting things. I'm also sad, I got a call from a co-worker today. I'm currently on a leave of absence for these tests and they are remodeling out office. I will lose my office and move to a cubicle. Ugh! I feel spoiled because I liked my office.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #337  
On my way to -70

Yay for hot dogs within out budgets!

Kurisitaru -- why are you studying in summer? Hope you do well in your tests!

I've had the LONGEST summer break ever. Since May 5th. Which is when I found out I was pregnant because I couldn't concentrate on writing a massive paper that was due that very midnight and my mind started wandering. I seem to work best under pressure. With my unfocused brain and all.

I weighted in this morning and I was 176.6 Yeah, all those lbs since yesterday (I was 180.6) were probably water since I had been indulging in very salty fries, and salty Greek food, and salty... everything. But that's no mo'!

Today I also started something... different. I quit shampoo and conditioner. I had done this before (going "no poo") and my hair was luscious and cleaner than with any expensive shampoo, so I decided to do it again. Also I was encouraged by a friend in Argentina who lives in an area with lots of humidity like Houston, and whose frizz is pretty much under control thanks to not using shampoo or conditioners, so I thought okay, I need to try it again and see how it does in this weather. When I tried it last time I was living in WA and WY and humidity wasn't a problem.

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-30-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

kurisitaru -I know what you mean with that poundage limbo..that happens to me about every 5 pounds. Like, I'll lose 4 pounds, and then be stuck within the next 3-5 pounds until I lose a bunch again. Irritating but that that's the way it is I guess.

scarlet - You shouldn't ever have to stop loving yourself! I'm glad to hear that you have a plan and I hope that you can find some way to sort of ease through the next couple of weeks. Keeping you in my thoughts. <3

Paulitens - So glad to hear that you had a good time with your brother. Family can be the best medicine sometimes! (Family can also be the cause for the need for medicine, too..lol) It's funny that you should mention going without shampoo. For no clear reason at all and only for about 5 days I tried not using shampoo and only rinsing with water in my showers + using conditioner one day. haha. Get out of my head!

And on the subject of 'new bones' I am really glad to hear I am not alone in that!! haha I forgot to mention knee bones, because laying on my side has become difficult when my knees knock together. Ah, but I can't even complain, can I?

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-30-2014 at 02:58 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #339  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

CPA exams are odd, so In Colorado, currently, there is less of an education requirement. You can have 120 credit hours, 1800 experience hours, and the exams past to be a CPA. In every other state you need 150 credit hours. Colorado is changing our 120 to 150 in July 2015. What that means is that I have to have been APPROVED as a CPA before that date. Not just submitting everything by that date. (Hard deadlines SUCK!) I have the 120 credit hours, the 1800 experience hours, I just need the tests.

Tests can only be taken in the first 2 months of every quarter, and you can't take them until you have 120 credit hours. So, I graduated in May, and then started studying. I wasn't aloud to take any in June, and won't be allowed to take in December or September either. Also, if you fail one, you can't take it in the same "Window" you previously took it. So if I fail any, I have to wait 'till October!

Because of the Hard deadline, board members are recommending sending in all paper work and completed tests no later than December 31st of 2014! In order to be approved by the deadline. It could take 2 weeks to get approved, but more than likely you're looking at a few months. Some people think you may have a chance if you turn in all paper work by February 28th... but it's pushing it.

I am taking the 4 exams in July-August and hoping to pass on first try. If not, retaking the failures in Oct-Nov and REALLY hoping to pass. Again... if another failure, retaking in Jan-Feb and if I fail again... looks like I'll probably need to go through another year or two of school. Or change my career choice. Which would suck.

Other problem... theses tests are HARD. Like... most people fail them the first couple of times. Pass rate is 40%. Some people fail so many times they just give up entirely. UGH! Stress.

So, in order to make deadlines, hopefully pass, and move on with my life, I took a leave of absence and now study EVERY DAY (blows!) and only break to walk, eat, or do my exercise. I mostly started the weight loss thing this summer as something to help me with stress. And it's been helping!

I could never not condition. My hair is also evil... and needs extra love.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #340  
On my way to -70

RiotGirl -- Yes! My parents will be coming for a month and a half in October and although we get along great, living under the same roof for that long, in a culture foreign to them makes things tougher on me. Not really looking forward to that part of their visit! But I'm looking forward to having them and to my daughters being with her abuelitos for a change.

Kurisitaru -- that looks complicated! My mind is so the opposite to math and numbers and anything associated with it! I've kind of mentally blocked all that stuff since I finished my last algebra class in college. Doing my taxes blows my mind... and so we have a CPA do them for us.

About the hair, I totally get you! I used to be that way, like "I could NEVER go without shampooing or conditioning!" (especially because I have very frizzy, thin, wavy, easily tangled hair) but after reading a lot about it and how the baking soda replaces the shampoo in cleaning it, and the vinegar replaces it in conditioning and detangling, it kind of made sense so I gave it a try and it was pure awesome. My hair is the kind that cannot be air dried, not even blow dried because it gets poofy and frizzy but when I tried this concoction I was able for the first time in my life to air dry my hair and not have to use one single hair product to tame it or style it. It was insane. I'm hoping for the same this time around, although my hair's a lot longer now, I'm in a different weather, etc. We shall see.

Today I'm trying the Salsa Chicken Soup recipe from this website. It smells delicious! I love soups in fall, and although I know it's not fall, I'm feeling nostalgic of the fall we don't have here in Houston. I seriously can't wait to graduate and move to a place with actual four seasons. Or maybe transfer my degree someplace.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #341  

Hi guys I gained a couple of pounds when I went to Vegas. I feel terrible!!! Losing weight is by far one of the hardest things to do. My body has changed drastically I feel like I'm a totally different person. I need some positivity help! I need to get out of this slump! Help
FatCat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #342  
On my way to -70

I know how you feel, FatCat! I gained a few lbs myself last week and I was feeling pretty down when we went out and took pictures. I didn't want to be immortalized like that! But you know what? I turned my thinking around: I lost weight that I regained this week, nobody but myself can keep me from losing it again! And here I am...

If you did it once, you can do it again!

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-30-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 AM   #343  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Well goodness, it only took me almost 3 months to get out of the last decade, but I'm finally here! 189 on the nose this morning. Woohoo!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #344  

Thank you Paulitens for you support I'm going to try and be optimistic and not try to dwell on it. Thanks for being so kind and understanding. I guess I just have to role with the punches. The ups and downs are stressful but I have to try my best. No pain no gain right. Good luck losing your weight. Thanks again!
FatCat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

VBS is going well! I am "Granny Gumption" I get to dress up and put on my old lady act (not an act really I'm gulp...55) and just have a great time with the kids. Loving it

weighed in at 177.8 this morning - lots of dancing around with the kids this week (think hoe down music!)
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote