Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:09 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default oy vey

Ignore this post as another drunken rambling from yours trully.

This week I have been so good. I know i shouldn't, but i weigh myself everyday. I believe i am down to 297.5 as of this morning. Thats about 5 pounds since Monday. So, what do i do to celebrate a good week?? Well, I go out with my friends and live la vida loca at the bar for several hours. I think I might have erased an entirely good week by taking in massive amounts of alcohol and pub food. I guess I will know what the damage is when my official weigh in happens on Monday.

The good news is I have a couple of days to try to mitigate the damage that has already been done.

i feel like i take 2 steps forward and then one massive step back...no wonder this process has taken so long!! Why must we always shoot ourselves in the foot when things seem to be going so well??
Old 07-18-2003, 11:56 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I would not worry to much Matt you will still certainly lose this week. I have done that same thing the last two weeks. I just need to learn to treat myself with out being a glutton. I don't have a problem with stoping at just two beers it's the food I go for. I usally drink 1 or 2 beers every other night or so. If I have the calories for it. Anyway drink lots of water this weekend that will help to flush it all out. And don't beat yourself up over it. We have all been there.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:00 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Before you go to bed, drink a liter of water.

Your head will thank me in the morning.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am with ya Matt!! I had quite the little loss going as of Saturday morning. 1 Open house, 1 bridal shower and 1 cookout later...well, I am certain I have undone some of my good!!

But hey, if I am good day to day and not so good during events. As long as I go back to being good, then it may take me a little longer, but I will have enjoyed it more.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:11 PM   #5  

Matt,

You've done so great that one setback isn't going to ruin all that you've accomplished. Just get right back to what you were doing and everything will be just fine.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:32 AM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

I'm starting to learn NOT to weigh myself at ALL during the week.. just my one official weigh in. I'm realizing that when I see the scale start to go down for some completely messed up reason I sabotage myself. I don't get it. Weighing in just ONCE a week doesn't screw me up, its the daily checking in. Perhaps its not knowing where I'm at that helps because I want to keep striving towards losing... If I check EVERY day I know where the scale is at.. Who knows.

Matt - you'll do fine. Drink lots of H20 and just move on!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 AM   #7  
Born Loser

Yes I don't think it's good to weigh everyday. It makes you to obsesed with weight. We need to just eat right and weigh once a week max. I don't think I could do like some do and weigh once a month. If I did that I would all the time be telling my self well this won't hurt I have all month to make up for it.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:18 AM   #8  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I agree, but the lure of the scale has been too strong. It is the first thing I think about when i wake up in the morning. My goal is to go 1 week without weighing in every day. This morning I weighed in at 298.6 pounds. Down a couple of pounds from my official weigh in last week.

However, it is kind of depressing that at one point on the scale i actually seen a 295.6. So the very bad weekend I had did some damage.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #9  
Born Loser

That is exactly why I don't want to weigh each day. Sometimes I only lose 1lb a week sometimes 11lb a week. But as long as I lose I don't care and I don't know if I was lower at one point. Way to go on the loss Matt and don't sweat the bad night. I think we have to have them once in awhile. We just need to be in control of them. If you plan on it you don't feel guilty and you can enjoy yourself and still lose weight. Just don't go crazy and go right back at it the next day.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:00 PM   #10  

I agree, the scale has way too much control over me, because I let it. I can't wait to get out of bed every morning and jump on the scale. Then if I haven't lost, it just starts my day off wrong. I know it's something that I need to change.

Matt, you still lost though and should be really proud of yourself!!
Closed Thread