Old 07-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #91  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Yup, still on Modified and considering staying on it. I am enjoying it so far. On a few "dull" days (rain or whatever) I did Full Fast (made it easier than grilling in the rain)

Hubby is supporting the decision to stay on Modified - he has enjoyed eating meals with me again.

His birthday is on August 17th....hoping to hit ONEderland by then...I would feel amazing - dying to feel like a "hot wife".

I have our cake baker from our wedding doing a surprise cake for him...it will be a Batmobile (he is a huge Bat Man fan). Will be torture not to eat it as the things this woman can do with cake is sinful but will be strong...maybe I will steal an extra kiss from him to get the "taste" lol. A month of fantasizing about cake ahead of me...

T.O.M just started so maybe it is just that talking ... not being able to have "real" chocolate or greasy food or wine makes me that much more cravey for a few days
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
Yup, still on Modified and considering staying on it. I am enjoying it so far. On a few "dull" days (rain or whatever) I did Full Fast (made it easier than grilling in the rain)

Hubby is supporting the decision to stay on Modified - he has enjoyed eating meals with me again.

His birthday is on August 17th....hoping to hit ONEderland by then...I would feel amazing - dying to feel like a "hot wife".

I have our cake baker from our wedding doing a surprise cake for him...it will be a Batmobile (he is a huge Bat Man fan). Will be torture not to eat it as the things this woman can do with cake is sinful but will be strong...maybe I will steal an extra kiss from him to get the "taste" lol. A month of fantasizing about cake ahead of me...

T.O.M just started so maybe it is just that talking ... not being able to have "real" chocolate or greasy food or wine makes me that much more cravey for a few days
It seems you've been handling modified very well and I bet you'll do fine continuing with it. With 50 pounds down you're well on your way. That's my favorite thing about the Optifast program... that big, inspiring head start.

The cake sounds super cool but if it's your TOM when your hubby's birthday comes around you might want to have the leftover cake taken out of the house or maybe send it to the batcave!

Last edited by StarlightMintz; 07-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #93  
Optifast User

50 lb update picture!!!

OK....to Recap, here are the beginning pictures...

And now

Last edited by nibog; 07-13-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #94  

Oh my goodness! You're disappearing in front of my eyes!!

Wonderful, just wonderful!
Keep it up! .... You are my inspiration!!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #95  
Optifast User

thank you!!!

It feels so good!!

I carried a container of kitty litter up the stairs yesterday...it was a 20lb box and I can't believe that I have lost 2.5 times that amount! It felt so heavy!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #96  
Optifast User

Had a disappointing week....only down 0.2lbs.

Followed the program 100% so I know my effort was there. They think it is bloating from the time of the month and maybe have been building muscle mass lately. Will see what happens this week....going to continue following the Modified Fast
Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
Had a disappointing week....only down 0.2lbs.

Followed the program 100% so I know my effort was there. They think it is bloating from the time of the month and maybe have been building muscle mass lately. Will see what happens this week....going to continue following the Modified Fast
Don't get discouraged. Modified has been working for you and it will continue to work!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #98  
Optifast User

Thanks! Definitely not going to go off the diet...I expected a lower loss after the 5.2lbs the week before....just didn't expect it to be THAT low. I think maybe the girl before wrote it down wrong...because 5.2lbs this far into the program is a high loss....oh well. Either way between the two weeks I am down about 2.7 each week and those are numbers I can be very happy with
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #99  
Optifast user

S/C/G: 263.2/236.0/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I checked in. We just got back from a week's vacation on Cape Cod. It was a fabulous week but unfortunately TOM came for a visit and my inhibitions were down. As expected, I gained this week But I am right back on track this morning! So I am anticipating this to be just a minor setback.

Here's to a great week!
Wannabechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #100  
Optifast User

WBC it happens!! The TOM is EVIL! Kudoos to you for getting right back on, it can be so hard!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 193.8/186.4/125

Height: 5'1

Hello. I just started Optifast on July 15, 2014 (WEEK 2 OFFICIAL MEAL REPLACEMENT)

My first weight in was 7/21, I lost around 6 lbs. I don't feel any weight loss.
But, I am trying to stick to the program perfectly, so I can see results...
bollywoodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #102  
Optifast User

6lbs is awesome!!!! It took me a few weeks to start feeling/seeing it but keep with it!!!

Weigh in last night - -down 3.4lbs!!!

Had my 16 week measurements taken....total inches lost is 26.25!!! I feel awesome - - 7 inches of that alone was from my waist!

I have my exact measurements written down at home and will enter them in later... I am now nearly in a 14...the 14/16s I am wearing are comfortable and my 16 jeans are loose...in a week or two I will try a 14 in jeans.

Weight is now 211.8lbs, total of 53.2lbs lost. I am less than 12 lbs away from the 100s!!!!

Under 200lbs is what my OB-GYN wanted me to be before they would start using treatments to help me conceive. They think the main problem was my irregular cycle due to my weight. I have had normal cycles since starting Optifast and dropping fat. Instead of every 10-14 weeks I have been getting my cycle around 4 weeks to 4 weeks and a few days....DEFINITE improvement... Even my PMS is better!

So I am thinking that I will hold off on starting testing until we try for a few months with me being on a regular cycle. I would love it to happen naturally
Old 07-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #103  

hi nibog

It's good to see you doing so well and I wish you all the best on your mother-to-be goal.
The amount of pounds and inches you've lost in 16 weeks is incredible! I hope to do half as well!
It's gotta feel great to be so close to that all-mighty 1

Hi there bollywoodprincess and good luck on your 2nd week!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #104  
Optifast User

Had a very unexpected happy moment yesterday.

Went with my hubby and two close friends to an amusement park yesterday. I was really nervous because when we went to Six Flags recently (before the diet began), I had that horrible moment of not fitting into the restraints and having to get off the ride. I had never been more humiliated in my life - but it was a huge eye opener as I had not let myself truly see how big I had gotten.

Well yesterday....I fit wonderfully into the rides and even had the glorious feeling of having to tighten the restraints around my midsection. I could have cried I was so ecstatic.

Then....yes it gets better....in the car on the way home I was freezing as my bathing suit was wet under my clothes and my shirt was still drenched from going on a water floom ride. My husband had an extra shirt packed that he hadn't needed to change into and told me to put it on. My husband weighs less than me and his shirts have not fit on me in years. I took my shirt off (still wearing a bathing suit top) and slipped on my husbands nice dry and LOOSE t-shirt!!! I fit....heck! there was lots of ROOM in the shirt!!!! Loose around my hips, stomach, and upper arms!!!

Woohoo! It's moments like this that make it really worth it!!

Last edited by nibog; 07-27-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #105  
Optifast User

Oh...and my measurements updates!
Measurements = inches lost between weeks 1-8 then 8-16, final column is the total

Week #1 - #8 // #8 - #16
Weight = -29.60lbs // -23.60lbs = 53.20 lbs gone
Upperarms = -0.75" // -0.75" = 1.50" gone
Forearms = -0.25" // -0.50" = 0.75" gone
Waist = -4.00" // -3.00" = 7.00" gone
Abdomen = -3.00" // -2.00" = 5.00" gone
Hips = -3.50" // -3.00" = 6.50" gone
Thighs = -2.00" // -1.50" = 3.50" gone
Calves = -1.00" // -1.00" = 2.00" gone

Have gone from a size 20 in jeans and a 2x in shirts to a loose size 16 / snug size 14 in jeans and an XL / L in shirts!
Total lbs lost 53.2lbs.
Total inches lost 26.25".

Last edited by nibog; 07-27-2014 at 10:41 AM.