3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Weight Loss Journey with Optifast - 100+ lb goal. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/294496-my-weight-loss-journey-optifast-100-lb-goal.html)

twish 08-21-2014 05:29 PM

congratulations on your success so far!!!

nibog 08-22-2014 11:20 AM

Thank you! It feels amazing!

nibog 08-28-2014 11:05 AM

OK well lots of things going on.

Today completes my 21st week of my areas 22 week program.

The 4th is my official "end date" - holy cow! 22 weeks has gone by so fast. Very proud to say I have followed the program 100% - and I think my progress shows in my weight loss.

I had intended to bump the program up month by month and start the Step 1 of transition.

Currently I am on 3 products and 1 meal (the fruit doesn't "count" towards a meal)
Step 1: 2 products and 2 meals (introducing starches and dairy back into the diet slowly)

Well I have accepted a new job (couldn't pass it up - better hours, better pay, better benefits!) and I start the 10th of September. The only down side is by the time I get out of work, there are no more meetings offered by my program - I will have to do the transition on my own.

Which means I am leaving Optifast faster than I originally intended and will be jumping into Weight Watchers.

I feel ready. I am going to be scheduling a sit down with the Nutritionist offered by my Optifast program and the exercise coach and set up a game plan.

The main part of the program, it is not just reducing portions and eating only what they allow, the large part is the behavior modification. Retraining yourself.

I think I have this down. I WANT to keep going - I love how I feel and I love the way my life has changed because of this journey.

I have found a confidence in myself that I lost long ago, IF I ever had it.
I think that had a huge impact on my interviews with prospective employers because I had a LOT of offers that I did not think I would get.

So...bring on the next stop of this journey - I can not wait.
:carrot:

nibog 08-29-2014 09:16 AM

Down another 2.6lbs last night.

Brings my total to 67.8lbs!!!!

Hoping I can hit 70lbs for my final weigh-in with Optifast next week.

Today I am starting the Step 1 in transitioning. I am reducing my Optifast intake from 3 products to 2 products and adding a low fat dairy serving and 2 servings of starch to my day.

Just had scrambled egg beaters for breakfast alongside with my morning coffee. Going grocery shopping to day to stock up on more fruit, light english muffins, light yogurt etc etc... the starches are probably going to be a bit harder for me to want to eat - I have gotten so used to not "wanting" bread, potatoes, pasta, cereal, pretzels etc than not I truly don't want them!

MaryBB 08-30-2014 10:26 AM

Congratulations!!!!! What a fantastic job! Your post is very inspiring :carrot:

I am at the end of week 2 so a long way to go. Do you mind sharing a few of the stages along the way and any tips you have? When did you start introducing anything other than the 5 shakes?

Keep up the great work!

nibog 09-02-2014 12:27 PM

Hi MaryBB

if you look back through my posts I have my transitioning to Modified fast around the 11th week (my choice due to having a bunch of vacation time coming up)

I am now 1/2 way through my first week of transitioning and boy oh boy it's been interesting.

Adding starches has been the hardest adjustment....I am just not used to eating bread, potatoes, pasta, pretzels etc anymore.

I am meeting with the program nutritionist this afternoon to set up a game plan for going forward and then am seeing the exercise coach to set up a new exercise routine.

nibog 09-02-2014 08:30 PM

Had a great time at my measurements today...

I have lost a total of.....37.75" !!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I have lost
Upper arm - 2"
Forearm -1.25"
Waist - 9"
Abdomen - 9"
Hips - 9.5"
Thighs - 4.5"
Calves - 2.5"

I will have my weigh in on Thursday evening at my last meeting.

Friday will be my new meeting time for Weight Watchers as I continue my journey. And what a journey it's been!

Olivia7906 09-03-2014 08:17 AM

Wooooow!! You are below 200 already?! Your weight has been FLYING off!! I know you are so happy! Great job!! :D

nibog 09-04-2014 07:04 AM

Went on my first real shopping spree yesterday - was celebrating the completion of 22 weeks of Optifast with zero cheats, nearly 38 inches and 70lbs lost (will get final weight tonight but last week's 68lbs brings me close enough lol), and the new job...:carrot:

Spent about 3 hours shopping...bought new dress slacks, over a dozen new tops, a few cardigans, a dress, underwear that no longer looks like it could double as a parachute.... it felt amazing!

Going through the "regular" sizes and buying L instead of 2X/XXL felt out of this world. I actually had fun in the dressing rooms and didn't feel like crying for the first time in years.

Step1 of transition feels like it has been going well, will see what the scale says tonight.

nibog 09-04-2014 03:42 PM

OK so technically I am finishing the 22 weeks with 69lbs lost but darn it I am calling it 70lbs lol....

nibog 09-05-2014 11:21 AM

Did my first Weight Watchers meeting and weigh-in this morning and a morning weigh-in vs an evening one knocked another 0.8 lb off which always makes a gal feel good! Loved seeing 195 on the scale!

nibog 09-12-2014 02:22 PM

Ok.

First week on Weight Watchers, AND at the new job, AND on 100% food is complete.

TOM is right around the corner (any day now)

So I was very worried about this week's weigh-in.
I stuck to Weight Watcher's Simply filling 100% (was very very very similar to the food list for transitioning from Optifast so I am doing this plan rather than pointing everything)

I was shocked that I lost 2.2lbs!!! I figured I would lose SOMETHING but was honestly scared about possible gain while my body adjusts and starts stockpiling water weight for the impeding TOM.

So...yay me!

total is 71.4 lbs so combined with my husbands weight loss we have now hit 100lbs!!!! yay us!

Having my first martini tonight in celebration. Just one, mind you :D

MaryBB 09-18-2014 09:55 PM

Wow, you are doing great. Very inspiring. Enjoy the martini :hat: and keep up the good work.

Bardess 09-22-2014 01:44 PM

Hi nibog. I've just read your whole thread - you are quite the inspiration! I'm very impressed. Congratulations on all your success. :)

twish 09-22-2014 02:53 PM

Congratulations nibog!!!

I'm on week 4, but I've slipped up a few times. Life goes on, but I'm hoping to be able to stick with it because I know it works!!! nibog's journey is proof!