3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Weight Loss Journey with Optifast - 100+ lb goal. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/294496-my-weight-loss-journey-optifast-100-lb-goal.html)

nibog 06-22-2014 08:20 AM

Yea the scary tongue thing isn't in the informational packet under potential side effects lol .... I thought about bringing a tooth brush to work to but we have the large bathrooms with a few stall in them, not the individual bathrooms....and I do not need my coworkers to walk in and see me attacking my tongue.

I am looking forward to Thursday - - for a couple weeks I am doing Modified while on vacation. I can not wait to CHEW something other than gum! After vacation I am planning on going back to Full Fast to maximize weightloss potential. In the Fall I will probably transition to Modified again and do that for a few months so I can really enjoy (as much as one can on Modified lol) the Holidays.

My husband has been so supportive....since I began my diet he started calorie counting and is now down 15lbs. He mostly cut out soda and started watching portions (I have him now often ordering from the kid's menu at restaurants) - darn him, he made it look so easy!

StarlightMintz 06-23-2014 08:14 PM

Fantastic that you get to have a long vacation and I don't blame you at all for switching to modified for a bit. What will your food plan look like? Will you do some shakes along with lean meats and veggies? Is your center helping you make this transition?

nibog 06-23-2014 08:40 PM

Yes, I am doing this transition with the guidance of my Dr. and program leader.

Modified is three shakes, a small serving of fruit, and a meal comprised of a 6oz portion of lean meat and three servings of non starchy vegetables. There is a list of allowed fruits and veggies that fit into the program.

StarlightMintz 06-23-2014 10:30 PM

Well that sounds easy enough and I'm sure it'll be nice break from the shakes too! :)

nibog 06-24-2014 08:08 AM

I can not wait to CHEW.

I quite literally start salivating at the thought of plain grilled chicken and broccoli - - as in forget the bib, get me a bucket salivating! I am so looking forward to Thursday evening. From the day I started until Thursday (up to but not including), it will have been 83 days with out eating anything....sounds crazy lol

Wannabechef 06-24-2014 07:43 PM

Nibog, that is so funny! I am craving grilled chicken on a CRUNCHY
salad!! We are going away in a couple of weeks and I will be switching (temporarily?) to the modified plan while on vacation. Can't wait to chew either :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

nibog 06-25-2014 06:00 PM

Good week!!!!!

4.0lb weight loss! Total of 41.8lbs GONE!!! :carrot:
Tomorrow I start the Modified Fast...woo hoo!:D

StarlightMintz 06-25-2014 06:41 PM

Funny, y'all can't wait to eat and I can't wait to fast! :D You gals have done very well and have been so inspiring! I hope to follow in your footsteps.

41.8 lbs, nibog? You're giving that "drop it like it's hot" phrase new meaning. :)

I had a good day... My physical went ok and after meeting with the nutritionist on Friday I get to start 5 days of transition to full fast! Yay!

nibog 06-25-2014 06:52 PM

LMAO Starlight - love the edit :D

I am really happy - Over the weekend I finally caved and bought a new bathing suit... Started the program at a size 20, my new suit is a size 14!

nibog 06-26-2014 06:33 AM

Alrighty....day one of Modified.

Having my first shake now, then around 10am will have my fruit, 1-2pm will have a second shake, 5ish will have dinner (chicken and broccoli - YUM), then will have my third shake around 8-9pm.

Bring. It. ON!

Wannabechef 06-26-2014 10:19 AM

Nibog, enjoy your first day! I will be anxious to hear how the modified plan impacts weight loss - this is something I am a little worried about. Especially since my efforts are not showing up on the scale last week and this week (and I am still on full fast)....

nibog 06-26-2014 10:40 AM

Wannabechef =
* How many ounces of water/zero calorie liquid are you consuming? Are you a sipper or a gulper? (drink it in small amounts through out the day or chug it down by 8+ oz at a time)

*Are you having the fiber powder? How much and how often?

*Are your shakes equally spaced out?

*How much exercise are you doing? How often? How much intensity?

Wannabechef 06-26-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5030644)
Wannabechef =
* How many ounces of water/zero calorie liquid are you consuming? Are you a sipper or a gulper? (drink it in small amounts through out the day or chug it down by 8+ oz at a time)

*Are you having the fiber powder? How much and how often?

*Are your shakes equally spaced out?

*How much exercise are you doing? How often? How much intensity?

I usually have around 80-90 ounces of water/zero calorie liquid a day. Depending on the circumstance, I gulp or sip. In the morning, when I take my 1 tablespoon of fiber powder, I gulp 16 ounces of water since you shouldn't let the fiber sit (and it's a good way to get 16 ounces in). If it's throughout the day (minus after exercise), I usually sip.

My shakes are spaced out around 3-4 hours (7:30, 11:30, 3:00, 6:30, 9:30 roughly).

Exercise is about 3 times a week (such as brisk walking, exercise videos (cardio walking, low impact aerobics) plus some swimming here and there. As for intensity, I'd say it's moderate - sweating within 10 minutes or so.

Here's a look back at my weekly weight loss:
Week 1--10.2
Week 2-- 2.2
Week 3-- 5.6
Week 4-- 3.0
Week 5-- 1.2

Given that my cycle may interfere at times, it does not explain everything. I am looking forward to gong to modified for at least the week I am away on vacation, but I am worried that the weight loss will really suffer...especially when it will be even harder to stick to even the modified program. Ugh..

nibog 06-26-2014 06:59 PM

Well, eating has been....weird.

I had a cut up apple this morning as my midmorning snack. Felt bizarre to take the first few bites. I couldn't chomp on it....I had to nibble. Its like I had to remember what to do! Took the better part of an hour to finish it!

Had a shake for "lunch"....was almost relieved to have it!

For dinner I had steamed broccoli and 6oz of chicken breast. I had to cut everyting into teeny bites and chew each one individually otherwise I felt like there was too much in my mouth! (Refrain from jokes please, my husband had plenty!)

My doctor had stressed eating the whole portions and finishing everything took forever! I felt like the food would never end!

I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected....my anxiety over eating and fitting all the food in was nearly overwhelming!

I am so STUFFED right now. The fact that I have one more shake to get through in a few hours is daunting but I'm sure I'll be up to it then.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

StarlightMintz 06-26-2014 09:32 PM

Wannabe, I bet you have a really big loss next week ... I have my fingers crossed for ya! You're doing all the right things and it's gonna pay off! :)

nibog, I am totally envious of that size 14 bathing suit! :p Its got to feel great to have so much success so quickly! :) I logged in to see how your day with real food has been and your post really surprised me. It does make sense though that it would be a challenge to eat after training yourself to not eat for all these days. I bet tomorrow will be different though. ;)