3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Weight Loss Journey with Optifast - 100+ lb goal. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/294496-my-weight-loss-journey-optifast-100-lb-goal.html)

Streudel 06-15-2014 09:11 AM

I've so enjoyed watching your progress, nibog. We started at almost the same time. Isn't it amazing what a difference you can make in a little over 2 months! :D

Wannabechef 06-15-2014 10:22 AM

Ended week four and starting week five...down 21 pounds! I am so excited!

nibog 06-15-2014 10:43 AM

Woo-hoo! So excited for you guys!!! I love hearing other people's success =)

StarlightMintz 06-16-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5023969)
Yay! Excited for you =)

Start stocking up now on water bottles and sugar free flavored syrups and sugar free gum - the syrups have been a life saver the past couple weeks and definitely played a significant role in me not cheating/caving

Torani syrups, seems like a lot but give in and get an extra bottle or two to get the free shipping - these have definitely changed up my "vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, vanilla, chocolate" routine!

Flavors I have bought are Peanut Butter, Salted Caramel, S'mores, Raspberry, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, White Chocolate, and Vanilla (hubby wanted it for his sodas)

A happy thing happened.... someone cancelled their appointment and I'm going to get to start much sooner... July 2!!! I really appreciate your suggestions and I now have my favorite Torani flavors ordered. I want to try an expresso with salted caramel in the vanilla shake. :)

nibog 06-17-2014 06:41 AM

I did my coffee yesterday morning with the vanilla shake (an every morning ritual) and the salted caramel yesterday...Oh, Yum!

I did the chocolate chip cookie dough today (my favorite combo so far). White chocolate is delicious too...

Salted caramel is also REALLY good mixed into the chocolate powdered shake.

nibog 06-18-2014 06:35 PM

Officially in the 220s!!!!! :carrot:

Dropped 2.8lbs - total of 37.8 lost

StarlightMintz 06-18-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5026102)
Officially in the 220s!!!!! :carrot:

Dropped 2.8lbs - total of 37.8 lost

Goodness gracious, you've dropped nearly 40 pounds already! That's really fantastic! What do you think of the full fast at this point? Are you finding it easier to do as time passes?

nibog 06-19-2014 06:49 AM

I find it really easy. The worst cravings were in the first week or two. I am proud that I have never cheated - I feel that cheating would make it harder to stick to the strict requirements of the diet.

Next week I am switching to the Modified Diet (3 shakes + 1 lean&green meal ) while I have 2 weeks vacation from work. Then I will be going back on the Full Fast to maximize potential weight loss.

nibog 06-19-2014 07:21 AM

Here is the 10 week picture update

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...loss/Jun19.jpg

StarlightMintz 06-19-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5026342)
I find it really easy. The worst cravings were in the first week or two. I am proud that I have never cheated - I feel that cheating would make it harder to stick to the strict requirements of the diet.

Next week I am switching to the Modified Diet (3 shakes + 1 lean&green meal ) while I have 2 weeks vacation from work. Then I will be going back on the Full Fast to maximize potential weight loss.

I intend to not cheat as well. I'm sure you know this but for those who might not, the full fast is meant to keep your body in state of ketosis which should help suppress appetite and also burn fat more effectively. So there are huge benefits to not cheating.

Fantastic that you have 2 weeks off, nibog! I hope you get a chance to do some really fun things to celebrate your near 40 pound loss! Oh by the way, that dress is really adorable and shows off your emerging hourglass figure! ;)

nibog 06-19-2014 08:37 AM

It is really shocking how many people I hear cheating at my group meetings - - it feels like a complete waste of money to me! If they were off doing their own type of diet, fine...but considering we are paying a lot of money for the program and products, have worked our way into Ketosis to burn our fat stores, AND the program warns that indulging in fattening foods/any alcohol puts our gall bladders and livers at risk because we are over working them anyways....WHY? is all I have to ask - - the "benefits" (freedom I guess?) do NOT out weight the risks (money loss, lower weight loss or possible GAIN, and serious health risks).

Follow the program and it works. Simple as that.

susiemartin 06-19-2014 03:24 PM

Love the picture and I'm so happy for you :) Your progress is astounding!

StarlightMintz 06-20-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5026405)
It is really shocking how many people I hear cheating at my group meetings - - it feels like a complete waste of money to me! If they were off doing their own type of diet, fine...but considering we are paying a lot of money for the program and products, have worked our way into Ketosis to burn our fat stores, AND the program warns that indulging in fattening foods/any alcohol puts our gall bladders and livers at risk because we are over working them anyways....WHY? is all I have to ask - - the "benefits" (freedom I guess?) do NOT out weight the risks (money loss, lower weight loss or possible GAIN, and serious health risks).

Follow the program and it works. Simple as that.

You're so right nibog, the program is meant to be taken seriously! It's medically supervised for good reason. You obviously have an "in it to win it" attitude and that's why you're going to be sucessful long term. ;)

For me, the program is a final stand against an unhealthy weight and I don't intend to blow it. I will be one of those who will, barring any health complications, become a lifetime program member.

I'm doing what I can to get ready and I can't wait to start! :dancer:

nibog 06-21-2014 10:03 PM

While I am keeping track of this journey - here is one side effect I really do not like.

Icky tongue. I have to BRUSH the heck out of my tongue multiple times a day. These shakes leave films on the cups/glasses etc and quickly become stinky and a pain in the rear to clean if they have been sitting for a bit. Same applies to the inside of the mouth.

I noticed it first by my teeth feeling....filmy. And residue around the gums and back of my teeth. Then I caught a glimpse of my tongue in the mirror as I was checking out my teeth - EW!

Darn thing was terrifying....I spent several minutes scrubbing the bejesus out of my tongue with my tooth brush - I have to pinch the tip with my fingers and stretch it out to get to the back. It takes a while as I have a sensitive gag reflex and am mentally grossing myself out which doesn't help in the slightest.

So, there ya go. Adding to the nitty gritty of the program.

It is not enough to deter me though! Fuzzy tongue and filmy teeth are temporary....the weight loss is a sure sign of the shakes working! I am determined to keep the weightloss from being temporary also!

StarlightMintz 06-22-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibog (Post 5028004)
Darn thing was terrifying....I spent several minutes scrubbing the bejesus out of my tongue with my tooth brush - I have to pinch the tip with my fingers and stretch it out to get to the back. It takes a while as I have a sensitive gag reflex and am mentally grossing myself out which doesn't help in the slightest.

This made me laugh, sorry! :lol::p:lol:
Thanks for sharing, it's good to know exactly what I'm getting into!