3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I gained 5 pound for the month of March (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/294299-i-gained-5-pound-month-march.html)

SmallSteps 03-31-2014 01:16 PM

I gained 5 pound for the month of March

I am currently working from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and then going to night classes from 5:30 pm until 10:00 pm Monday through Thursday, until graduation in December.

I change into my school uniform at work and go straight to school because of time constraints. I really did not want to use school as a reason to stop eating healthy but it appears that I am going down that road.

I regained 5 pounds this month and am having a very difficult time staying on the bandwagon. It is hard to find motivation when your days are beginning at 7:00 am and you are not getting home until 10:30 pm every night and not getting into bed until sometimes 1:00 am due to homework or studying.

I usually eat lunch at work and eat dinner when I get home which I know is what is killing me but I really have no other time to eat during the evening.

Anyhow, just felt like ranting. I will figure this out it is just going to take a little time.

Yogini99 03-31-2014 01:24 PM

I feel you ! Don't give up! I have been there- with the work/school thing. It's hard. I feel like it took all my willpower just to get through the horrendous days.
Do you count cals or what? Ever looked into intermittent fasting, or 5:2 fast?
May be easier with your schedule.

scarletmeshell 03-31-2014 02:14 PM

Oh honey, you will figure it out. Maybe you can get a little cooler and eat something on the way?

Munchy 03-31-2014 02:28 PM

My life can be super busy during the week, so I cook meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), divvy them into portions, and freeze them so I can grab and go.

Is there any way you can take portable dinners with you to eat on your way? Something like a hearty wrap or a drinkable soup in a thermos?

At one time I took a few college classes at night and had a similar schedule - Get my child to school, go to work, drive 40 minutes to school for 3 hours and drive back. At night, I could pack my snacks and meals for the following day - much easier because I already cooked and portioned them over the weekend - then I would heat up dinner and eat it in the car before driving to class.

Bunny1973 04-05-2014 05:56 PM

Good luck to you. I hope you find a way to carve out some time for yourself a few times a week. Horrifically tight time constraints are epidemically bad in the U.S. and are killing a lot of us.
Maybe you can carve out a few hours on Friday night (I know.. so exciting right?) to do some prepare ahead meals. You could plan them on your lunch break through the week.
You're worth the effort!

Mozzy 04-05-2014 10:53 PM

Hugs