No FOOLING the SCALE - April 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 5 of 21
Go to
  • WahineByTheSea that's a great NSV

Bunny to the thread and not dumb at all Whatever works and it did Great Whoosh

Olivia I need to come stay with you, cooking like that

Kukkie I miss sleep also but I can't blame the baby since she's 10, LOL. It WILL come, yes it has to
  • Quote: Down a pants' size!

Soon I'll be wearing pants without a "W" behind the number!
    That will be a fantastic feeling!

Down 1.3 this morning. Still have about .4 of yesterday's water weight hanging around.

Have a great day!
  • Quote: OH! Perfect! I have left over marinara sauce from last night's turkey shiitake patties. YAY!
    That's definitely an awesome and healthy way to use up that leftover marinara! That was the first time I have eaten zucchini raw but it was yummy!
  • Quote: Olivia I need to come stay with you, cooking like that
    love2b150 - I am in the kitchen EVERY SINGLE DAY lol. It's not that I LOVE it so much (cooking), it's just that I really do feel like food tastes better and fresher when I make it myself lol. And I have two young kids and if I don't cook they'll be eating processed/frozen/fast foods and I just do not feel good about feeding them food like that all the time. I've been steering myself way from all things processed and my refrigerator stays full of fresh ingredients. I don't even buy bottled condiments. I make them myself and store them in mason jars. I am really good at cooking though and I've been exploring much more in the kitchen. My kids don't even like to eat out anymore. They want food from "Mom's Cafe" (that's what I call it lol). I get them involved sometimes too and they love it. My 6 and 7 year olds are making dessert this weekend. Apple Crisp! lol
  • Today was a good day. I hadn't eaten meat in 3 days until today and after my first meal I stayed satisfied for quite some time. When it came to have my next meal, I could have gone longer but ate anyways lol. I had a heavy workout day and I'm feeling quite nice right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 4

Weight: 211.00 (0.00)

Food: Protein Day
    Meal 1: vegetable omelet (no cheese) with avocado; bacon; maple syrup; blueberries
    Meal 2: bbq dijon broiled salmon; sauteed green beans

Exercise: Treadmill - 4.48 miles; Yoga Abs; Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2

Water: 3.00 liters
  • You're a huge motivation to me today Olivia! You HAVE had a good day!
  • Hi all,

Crazy week. I seem to be moving 1 pound per day...but I will take it!

Have a great day!!
  • Down .8 this morning -- yay!

Olivia -- Thank you! I just started IP on Monday; I think this is a lot of water weight leaving me, I wish I could have these losses all the time, but I am sure it will normalize to 2-3lbs per week (still great) soon. What plan are you following? Congratulations on your 1.5! I ate zucchini ribbons aka zucchini pasta tonight for dinner

Rennie -- Thanks! Ketosis seems to be doing it's trick for me. It is motivating to see big results so quickly. I have a wedding to go to in May and I bought a dress a size too small, looks like it should fit by the end of May. Congrats on going to the gym and losing .2!

Radiojane -- 3 kids under 5 for a sleepover? You are one brave woman!

Kukkie -- I'm doing Ideal Protein -- very much like Dr. Poon, but even more limited in the food if that's possible! I'm willing to do it though, for the results it's giving me, I need to see some losses to stay motivated.

Bunny -- Nice losses and congratulations on your NSV!

BuffieLynn -- I think any of us would take 1lb per day, nice results!
  • I tried the marinara sauce on the zucchini last night. Divine. I have tried "zoodles" before but the instructions I had said to cook them. They were "ok" but not anything I would rush to do again. But when you thinly slice a very young zucchini (less seeds and the ones that are there are very tiny) and just use them as is? Delicious. I had it on the side of some grassfed organic pork loin with a half of a small sweet potato.
    I'm not hard core on grassfed /organic/ happy cows meat but I'm doing the Daily Burn's Ignite 21 kick off and that's what it calls for. So be it. OH... I also made molten Lava Chocolate cakes for everyone. I'd provide a link if my post count where high enough! very delicious!!
  • Quote: . . . the conference room is RIGHT BY THAT STUPID ROASTED PECAN MACHINE.
    I am soooo lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view) that where I live we don't have roasted pecan machines . . . .
  • Quote: I am soooo lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view) that where I live we don't have roasted pecan machines . . . .
    IKR? The smell is torture. I'm going to be starving when I get out of there. If I can get through tomorrow without eating something crappy it's gonna be a miracle.
  • Quote: You're a huge motivation to me today Olivia! You HAVE had a good day!
    Thank you Bunny!
  • Quote: I tried the marinara sauce on the zucchini last night. Divine.
    Awesome!!! I'm so glad you liked it!! And your entire dinner sounds heavenly!! Yum!

Buffie - Wow! A pound a day? That is awesome! When I first started in February I was doing a pound a day too. It was lovely. Then I stalled, binged, then the scale started moving again. Go figure lol. All this week (except for yesterday) I've been doing at least a pound a day. Crazy!

So ladies, it looks like we are all doing well this week!! TGIF!!
  • Quote: Down .8 this morning -- yay!

Olivia -- Thank you! I just started IP on Monday; I think this is a lot of water weight leaving me, I wish I could have these losses all the time, but I am sure it will normalize to 2-3lbs per week (still great) soon. What plan are you following?
    Hi Angie! Did you enjoy those zucchini ribbons? I found them quite nice!

As far as the plan I'm following, I follow the beat of my own drum lol. I devised my own diet plan to make things a bit more spicy and fun. I have themed each day of the week. Monday = Juicing Day. I juice fresh fruits and vegetables 3 times per day. Tuesday = Raw Foods Day. I eat 3 raw meals. Wednesdays = Vegetarian Day (lacto-ovo). 3 meals this day too. Thursdays = Protein Day. I only eat meat, fats, fruits and vegetables. I eat two meals this day. Fridays = Protein Day. Same as thursday (meat, fats, fruits and vegetables). Also two meals. Saturday = Anything day. I eat whatever the heck I want (with the exception of processed junk food) lol...BUT....I only eat one meal this day. Sundays = some kind of fasting day. I limit my bread/dairy/starches to Wednesdays and Saturdays only. I do cardio five times per week and heavy lifting 3 times per week. I just started this new funky plan on Monday and have dropped 4.50 lbs since starting!
  • Morning y'all. Quick one from me today. I weighed in and was pleasantly surprised to see 194.9. Don't know where the loss came from, I wasn't expecting it, but I'll take it!