No FOOLING the SCALE - April 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 14 of 21
Go to
  • love2b150 - no big deal. 2 biscuit tops. I highly doubt those will have ANY effect in the long run. No beating ourselves up, that's our new rule lol. You STILL did really well
  • Quote:
    katerina, nice weigh in what are you eating to get that much protein? What's your carb intake and which plan are you following? Sorry for all the questions.
    no need to be sorry for the questions. i try to shut up about myself bc i feel like i could talk about this stuff all day long. haha.

i eat egg whites with chopped ham or turkey in am mostly (this morning i wanted something sweet, so i did lite pears drained with cottage cheese), chicken or turkey breast or ham as meat for lunch. i eat special k protein bars (peanut butter and chocolate yum) for when i want a piece of chocolate and if i come up short, i will have a scoop of body fortress peanut butter and chocolate protein shake with water. (i buy it at walmart. cheap and tasty).

i am currently eating about 2100 kcal a day and the carbs and fats fall where they may. typically i eat about 175 grams of carbs, but some days i eat more and some less. i just try to get 130 of protein a day. that's my big goal. stay under calorie limit and hit the protein goal. i am training to be a powerlifter, but i want to drop a couple weight classes.

April
    16. 223.4 - 1,827 cals with 116 grams protein - conditioning day - 2 hours
    17. 222.8 - 2,294 cals with 127 grams protein - deadlifts
    18. 222.4 - 1,984 cals with 186 grams protein - bench press (with chains! so much fun)
    19. 221.8

i am on a roll because my TOM started and i tend to drop at this time if i am on plan. it will slow up and i will hop on the scale every day and then curse it by next week.
  • Renee! Glad to see you remained active! I'm back! I lost the most weight on this site and this thread!

ADDENDUM: OMG!!!!!! I did not see my pic and weight until I wrote this post!!!!! My weight was 207 when I last posted...I am now 261!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had NO idea I gained this much weight! My picture!!!!!! I can't even look at those jeans!!!!! OMG I am back in!!!!!

I just started personal trainer food (9 days) and I am down 5lbs....my max has been 270!
    We start a walking challenge at work on Wed and I plan on doing at least 10000 steps a day by walking in the AM and PM

WOW!!!! glad to be back! This is pure shenanigans! LOL
  • Coming in late! Sorry, but I don't want to wait until May to get started!

April
    19: 262.4
    20: 261.2 (-1.2)
    21: 260.1 (-1.1)
    22: 259.6 (-0.5) - 260.4 initially, but moved scale...so we'll see what tomorrow brings....
    23: 258.4 (-1.2)
    24: 259.0 (+0.6) post late shift gain...typical....
    25: 257.8 (-1.2)
    26: 259.4 (+1.6) -- Cheesecake Factory at 8P (I walked 2 miles on the treadmill when I got home at 11P and walked this AM for 30 min to recover)
    27: 258.4 (-1.0)
    28: 257.6 (-0.8)
    29: 257.4 (-0.2)
    30: 259.0 (+1.6) - expected late shift gain...noticing a bit of a stall since I started walking....hanging in there!
  • Quote: Easily Amused I just downloaded Map My Walk, I'll check it out. Thanks I'm dropping water that I gained on my 5 day birthday carb celebration. I really hope to get this water weight off for good.

I was doing really well today and then my son made biscuits. I was only gonna eat the top off one biscuit (which I did cut the thin layer off) because I like the hard tops. Then my other son dropped the top to his biscuit in a pot of baked beans and he doesn't eat beans so I ate it. No I didn't have to but too late I did so now I have to add that to my calorie/carb count
    i do stuff like that all the time. you have probably already learned this yourself, but i thought i'd share.

i have learned that the only way i can stay sane is to accept that i'm going to do these things and count it up and move on. no shame allowed. i am terribly rebellious and will buck up against anything that restricts me too much. i love and enjoy food, and have long used it as a source of comfort and as a way to shame myself. i work really hard not to let either part of that comfort/shame cycle start up by just logging and moving on and being proud of a million other things that i did right during the day.
  • Olivia, thank you I like the new rule. I'll certainly have to remember it .

Thanks katerina That makes me smile. I do log it and think what on earth were you thinking. But like Olivia said it didn't any damage. It's just in my head that it will because I tend to start on that biscuit road and eat more and more. Thank goodness, I still have 4 children at home and a husband that needs a plate to be waiting for him when he gets home. They ate the remainder. I am a chatter box, so talk about yourself all you want I'll listen (read) LOL on the scale by the end of the week . My SIL bought the pb/choc protein powder he says the pb is overwhelming. I buy the vanilla because I can mix it with anything. I like that it is inexpensive also, and PowerLifter wow, I don't know anything about lifting but it sounds great. Keep up the good work

LGW, it is so good to see you our little FB group just died out LOL. But it was good while it lasted. I've been on and off 3FC. This is the longest I've continued. I have my days and I think that's because now I know I have type 2 diabetes. It makes me want to get the weight off that much more so I can continue to be here for all of these children, . I'm should be past where I am but I keep slacking off and then beating myself up about it. SO new rule from Olivia is NO BEATING OURSELVES UP. Glad to have you back

Today was the day for the 5K walk in memory of a student (scholar). I haven't walked a trail in forever. Oh my goodness, the hills tore my thighs up, smh. My son kept saying let's sprint. I'm thinking do you want me to have a heart attack? He's telling me breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth. I'm thinking shut up, lol. But he does lift and condition and train for football, but he's 16. My thighs were killing me by the time I got out of the shower so I took some ibuprofen. OK I'm finished. Today's gonna be a good day
  • love2b150 - now that's a good workout!!! Gosh, I love having that kind of soreness after a workout lol. My family calls me a weirdo because I LOOOOVE muscle soreness lol. When I'm extremely sore, I'll roll all over the floor just to feel it lol. Yeah....a nut I'm glad you have spoken that it will be a good day.....and so it shall be
  • Thanks Olivia, I just told my husband I found out how out of shape I am walking on terrain verses a treadmill. I do the inclines on the treadmill up to 9.0 but I think walking in the rain in mud periodically put some serious substance to it. It was a great workout

Oh I ate two biscuits again today and two cup cakes. I wanted something sweet So I'm done for the day
  • Someone gave me the best advice to get me on track last week...you have to expect a little bit of discomfort and hunger when you first start a healthy eating plan...this simple advice is keeping me going without cheating!
  • Happy Resurrection Sunday and Blessings to ALL

LGW, that is so true ... I'm sure gonna feel the discomfort this week LOL. Starting anew tomorrow. I will enjoy my cheat today and be ready with bells on in the morning. We can do this
  • Quote: Someone gave me the best advice to get me on track last week...you have to expect a little bit of discomfort and hunger when you first start a healthy eating plan...this simple advice is keeping me going without cheating!
    I agree with this, LGW. I think our society has conditioned us to believe that hunger is a bad thing and it must not be felt. But what we are feeling is not true hunger in my opinion. When I eat too many sugary, starchy carbs, this "hunger" is out of control within a few hours. But there is no way that my body is in need of food because I've consumed a lot of calories just hours earlier. To me, it's kind of like an addiction trigger. Because of the addictive properties of the food, it tricks the body into thinking it's hungry thus you consume more of it. I have tested this with myself. I am the absolute most hungry after eating a large amount of sugar and starch. My hunger is very different when I eat healthy, and it doesn't come nearly as quickly.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
  • April
    18. 222.4 - 1,984 cals with 186 grams protein - bench press (with chains! so much fun)
    19. 221.8 - 3,085 cals with 177 grams protein - rest day. lost my ever loving mind.
    20. 223.2 - calories not being counted, but i am being mindful.

totally lost the plot last night and ate fried chicken, drank a couple beers and had a small packet of cadbury mini eggs.

today i ate jelly beans and some chocolate with the kids in the am, and have been mindful and conservative since. i will continue that way today and go back to counting tomorrow.
  • Quote: Easily Amused
    I was doing really well today and then my son made biscuits.
    Ouch. I can't resist biscuits either.

Garden is finally thawed out, so I've been spending every spare moment in it trying to clean up. Planning to plant a ton of veggies and hopefully not too much of anything else. Summer might actually be coming!
  • I've been trying to master eating out and visiting friends as well. Life goes on right?

For eating out...start out with a salad and chow down on that and a cup of water until the group finishes the appetizers...which they will do! Order the main entree with side of carbs and extra veggies. If its meat, cheese, veggies or eggs...eat it...if it's not...don't....

Friends....I was invited to a friends for a boxing party day 3 into my plan. I knew they would have pizza. I ate an apple and banana during my drive, picked up a diet soda, almonds and had salami sticks and cheese in my purse. I was nice and content when I arrived. Thanks 7-11 for having the options!

I use this site to remind me of what I should be doing!!!!
  • Quote: I agree with this, LGW. I think our society has conditioned us to believe that hunger is a bad thing and it must not be felt. But what we are feeling is not true hunger in my opinion. When I eat too many sugary, starchy carbs, this "hunger" is out of control within a few hours. But there is no way that my body is in need of food because I've consumed a lot of calories just hours earlier. To me, it's kind of like an addiction trigger. Because of the addictive properties of the food, it tricks the body into thinking it's hungry thus you consume more of it. I have tested this with myself. I am the absolute most hungry after eating a large amount of sugar and starch. My hunger is very different when I eat healthy, and it doesn't come nearly as quickly.
    Very very true ... one thing after another yesterday had me going and at one point I knew I had enough but I wanted something else.

Quote: April
    19. 221.8 - 3,085 cals with 177 grams protein - rest day. lost my ever loving mind.
    20. 223.2 - calories not being counted, but i am being mindful.

totally lost the plot last night and ate ...

today i ate jelly beans and some chocolate with the kids in the am, and have been mindful and conservative since. i will continue that way today and go back to counting tomorrow.
    This is me the past two days only I didn't get it together last evening. I ate chips with my husband last night really late. But today makes a new beginning

Quote: Ouch. I can't resist biscuits either.

Garden is finally thawed out, so I've been spending every spare moment in it trying to clean up. Planning to plant a ton of veggies and hopefully not too much of anything else. Summer might actually be coming!
    Those biscuits got me yesterday also, there were three left after church. I split them (the flaky kind) so technically I only ate one but still, lol

Quote: I've been trying to master eating out and visiting friends as well. Life goes on right?

For eating out...start out with a salad and chow down on that and a cup of water until the group finishes the appetizers...which they will do! Order the main entree with side of carbs and extra veggies. If its meat, cheese, veggies or eggs...eat it...if it's not...don't....

Friends....I was invited to a friends for a boxing party day 3 into my plan. I knew they would have pizza. I ate an apple and banana during my drive, picked up a diet soda, almonds and had salami sticks and cheese in my purse. I was nice and content when I arrived. Thanks 7-11 for having the options!

I use this site to remind me of what I should be doing!!!!
    Great weigh in yesterday On eating out ask for a to-go container at the beginning of your meal and place half of you meal in it. Eat part now, have the other tomorrow since the portions are usually big, just a thought and what I do when no one will eat what I have ordered. Oh my goodness do I miss 7-11 and WAWA. We don't have either here . Great NSV before the boxing party,

Weigh in today 163.8 up .8 from yesterday ... it's gonna be a great day