No FOOLING the SCALE - April 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 11 of 21
Go to
  • So I broke over last night. I had some fries. It wasn't pretty. They made me super ill. I'm up another 1.4 lbs today. I'm starting fresh. blah.
  • Summer good job on the .7

Bunny the chocolate I can skip but fries are my weakness for sure Sorry they made you feel ill. hope your tummy is feeling better

I'm up .6 and bloated. I think it has something to do with all of the cucumber citrus water I drank, so I'm drinking clear water today
  • 01 ~372.4 (-0.4)
    02 ~374.1 (+1.7)
    03 ~372.8 (-1.3)
    04 ~372.8 (0)
    05 ~ 371.0 (-1.8)
    06 ~371.0 (0)
    07 ~372.8 (+1.8)
    08 ~372.8 (0)
    09 ~372.8 (0)

This must be the 9 time in 3 weeks I've seen this stupid 372.8. Hoping to kick past it. I did way more exercise than usual yesterday, so I'm hoping that's all it is.
  • Radiojane, Your muscles are more than likely holding onto some water. I will pass and you'll get pass that number I am stuck on this 162/163 number it's been over two weeks. I don't know what gives. I am really hoping your eating plan will help me get over it today. I added a slice of turkey ham to my eggs this morning and I couldn't eat them all. I'd say I have about a third left. I will eat them later if I decide I want something else since they are already calculated into my day.
  • Radiojane & love2b150 - I'm sure those plateaus will pass soon. I hope the high protein/fat eating plan will start that scale moving down!
  • Thanks Olivia, I just changed my menu. I was about to prepare the salmon and realized I things to do this afternoon and church this evening. I don't want to smell like fish sooooo. I moved my lunch menu to tomorrow. I am eating cantaloupe instead. And it is actually making my stomach feel better so that's a plus
  • love2b150 - fruit is a good choice! I have noticed in my own personal experience that when I want to rid myself of water weight or to end a plateau, I do a fruit diet for 1-2 days and it REALLY does the trick. I have found no better method to rid my body of water weight. I stick to high water content fruit (like watermelon, canteloupe, apples, oranges, lemons, etc.). You will know it's working because you'll be peeing like crazy lol. If I have any water weight on my body from the weekend, my juicing day on Monday knocks it right out lol.
  • Olivia I should have read your post earlier

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
    WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
    I EAT WRONG
    EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
    TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
    IT ALL WENT WRONG

Radiojane, I hope your day was much better than mine.
  • aw, Rennie, that's too bad. Get up tomorrow and start again I guess.

I've been good today. I even pulled out my food scale at lunch to remind myself of what I should be eating portion wise. I'm also starting 2tsp of potato starch today to feed my gut flora, so I'm a little gassy, and that might effect the scale, but I've read such great things about it that I want to give it a try.
  • Radiojane, glad you've been good What do you do with the potato starch? How do you eat it? I had to look up gut flora. I had never heard of that before. Everything makes me gassy unfortunately. It seems the more weight I lose the worse it gets. I know I'll be at 165 tomorrow for sure since I was so close to 163 this morning
  • I mix it in a glass of water. (I find it easier to just use the potato starch, but you can get the resistant starch from cooked and cooled rice, cooked and cooled potatoes, green bananas and various other sources. Basically it stays undigested all the way down to the colon where it does good things.

I figured since I eat so low carb it was worth trying.
  • love2b150 - I'm sorry things didn't go as you planned today, but you can turn it around. It's just one day out of many many more to come. If you are up on the scale tomorrow, so what...it's just ONE day. You have plenty more days to make that scale go down. You CAN do this. Shrug it off and keep on stepping tomorrow. This is what this journey is all about....not perfection, but learning and moving forward. You got this!
  • Day 10

Weight: 205.75 (-0.75)

Food: Vegetarian Day (lacto-ovo)
    Meal 1: over easy egg on english muffin with cheese & maple syrup; sauteed spinach; cantaloupe; watermelon; strawberry
    Meal 2: homemade granola cereal with milk; pineapples
    Meal 3: eggplant parmesan; garlic bread; marinated vegetables

Exercise: Rest Day

Water: 2.00 liters

My back has been aching from various pulled muscles. I have a weak back (my 38DDD's have a lot to do with that) and I seem to have at least 4 pulled muscles in various locations. I'm probably going to lie down on a heating pad for the rest of the evening. I'm supposed to have a long exercise day tomorrow. I hope I'm up for it. I'll get through what I can. Food was good today as always. My dad had never eaten eggplant before so when he saw me pull it out the oven he was curious to try it. I made a personal size serving in a little cute 15oz casserole dish. I ate 3/4's of it and he CLEANED the rest of the dish! lol! Looks like I have another eggplant convert
  • Thanks Olivia for the pep talk, I appreciate it. I am definitely going to try to stay OP tomorrow. My hubby is off so maybe we can go to the gym early and that helps me stay focused because I hat to blow my workout on silliness

I've never had eggplant. How do you prepare it?
  • Radiojane, I'd have to buy the starch, no discipline with potatoes and I use a rice cooker or the rice, well the boys do. I haven't had rice or pasta other than Shirataki pasta since January first. I wish I could do the same permanently with bread and fries. I went two months without bread I think. But my sons are always making fries and I usually eat about 8-10 with ketchup then I'm done. I count that as a victory. Let me know how or what the potato starch does for you from what you can tell when it gets to the end