Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #106  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello and Welcome Sakurai Glad to have you join us! But I also hope that you lose those gained lbs fast and fly to the 2 teens But glad to have you with us while you are here! I frequent the Atkins area along with Chicks up for a Challenge (love the short challenges and I do the Lazy Man's Marathons - which give me more motivation to walk!)

Well here it is Monday and I should have had a great and fantastic lower number this morning as I weight the same in the aft as I did in the morning.. but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I gained .4 lbs grrr 225.8 shoot. Well I had salty Chili (tho only 1/2 a cup).. and I soaked up water all night long.. Just alittle quishy today!

Have a great Monday ALL!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Yay for matching our tickers again wanna and coocoo!

Sakuri welcome to the thread! I usually frequent this thread, the 100lb club, and lurk in the success stories section for motivation.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good Monday morning all!
RubyRed - Good luck on reaching your goal.

Wannaskip - Good luck with Atkins. My dad lost over 100 lbs on it and has kept it off for 10 years. He allows some cheating on the weekends, then is back at it during the week. I feel you about feeling squishy. I worked in the yard yesterday for 5.5 hours and I think my body is really holding onto the water because of it.

Loozer - Awesome job on your loss!

Walrus - I'm impressed by your exercise. I've never been too much on exercise. Keep up the good work!

Coocoo - I don't change my ticker on gains either, unless I've been really bad.

Sakuri - Welcome. Don't dwell too much on your gain, just remember that you did it once and you can do it again! I frequent the Onederland by Christmas forum and the Intermittent Fasting thread, as I am doing Fast 5!

I can echo everyone sentiments on our evil scales. I'll step on and think I'll definitely see it move everyday, but it just sticks to the same weight. I don't let myself be discouraged by it though. I just like to step on daily as a reminder of why I'm doing this.

My doctor's appointment wasn't good, but I wasn't expecting miracles. My cholesterol was up and my triglycerides were up, but that was before I started this journey so I'm hoping for good numbers when I go back in 6 months. I am desperately trying to avoid going on meds. On a positive note, I was 1 lb. lighter on their scale than my one at home, so that was a small victory.

Hope everyone has a great day.
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #109  
Sue finding inner song

I started a 1 week Atkins Induction challenge and I lost 1.2 lbs in 1 day! This only happens during my one woosh week. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so thrilled! Maybe I can get to my 220 by Monday (my Birthday) Oh I would be so happy!

I hope the scale treats you all well today and you all have a great on plan day! I am so happy! I have not weighed this little for 25 years!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #110  

WVU I am glad you are down a lb! I hope the Intermittent Fasting works well for you!

YAY wanna!!!!!!!!!!! Go go go!!!!!!!!!

My scale loves me too! I almost cried when I saw 230.8 on the scale today! It's a new low! I am heading to NY for a 4 day weekend where I will not be in control of my food but I will do my darn best to stay OP! I might see the 220s before I go!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #111  

wanna and loozer - So happy for you all that the scale is moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work!

Mine is still being soooooo stubborn. I ordered a new scale online yesterday that shows bf %, bone mass, water, etc. I'm so excited to get it. Maybe it will be a bit kinder than my current one.

So today I have two opportunities for free food at work. A catered meeting then a co-workers birthday. This is the 3rd and 4th time in two weeks that I will be turning down delectable sweets. I never realized how much we eat at work since starting IF. Although it is a lot easier to turn down the food when I'm fasting than just regular calorie counting, which you would think to be the opposite.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

wvuchick, it's good that you're able to resist temptations now. I'm still working on that. A few weeks ago, when my job had a party, my supervisor told me to being in a snack and usually I ask her what I should bring and this time she said "Bring something you like". So I brought in a bag of BBQ chips because I HATE BBQ chips. So I wasn't tempted at this party to eat really unhealthy. I did eat some things though.

I hurt my ankle somehow and now I can't walk properly. And all I do at the gym is go on the treadmill. So I guess no gym today. My brother and coworker said that my ankle hurts because I go every Monday-Thursday and do the same thing each time so I should just go maybe 3 days a week. But I still want to exercise somehow. So I guess now is the time to incorporate more strength workouts instead of just cardio. So I'm going to make my brother come up with some workout plan for me.

On another note, today marks 50 days since I've started my weight loss journey. This is the longest I've ever lasted. And this morning my weight was 220.6. I'm almost in the two teens!
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #113  

WV wtg on skipping the foods at the party! I definitely have a serious problem saying no to yummy food, which is how I got myself into having to lose weight!

Ruby I hurt my ankle recently too and it has not healed properly. WTG on being so close to the 2teens!

So yesterday's weigh in was a fluke. I knew a 2lb whoosh in one night wouldn't stick for me. Ah well, it settled at 231.4, which is still good! Probably won't see the 220s before I leave Friday.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #114  
Sue finding inner song

Ruby.. I am so sorry about your ankle... I sure do hope it heals soon! and on sticking to your weight loss plan for such a long period of time. Don't we amaze ourselves!

wv - Very good on avoiding those temptations! good going! and yep.. I have done Atkins (when I dieted) for 25+ years on and (mostly) off.. but this time is just different - I have been on Atkins since 1/6/13 and have lost 96 lbs.. It is now just a habit to eat this way and to know what I really cannot eat (triggers etc). Hope you have a Great day today!

JUSTA.. Woohoo on the scale move! YAY!!!!! I am trying my best to stay ahead of you.. but am thinking that you are going to FLY BY ME!

IIIIIIIIIII amd down to 224.0 on the Button! Hooray!... This Induction week is moving the scale for me again and then in 2 weeks I have my woosh week. I WILL get to the 2 teens this month! I WILL!

Happy Thursday (Friday eve) all!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #115  

Awesome Wanna!!!!!!!!!!! My scale moved back down and surprised me with a new low today- 230.4!!!!

Unfortunately I am leaving for a long weekend (wont be back til Monday night/Tues morning) and I won't be in control of what is being cooked. I am a little stressed but will do my best!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #116  

Good morning all!

I was down a lb this morning. Maybe two, but I will wait and see what the scale says tomorrow. I've been waiting and hoping. I finished up two weeks up fast 5 (although I've been doing IF for about 6 weeks now), which is how long it is supposed to take to start losing on it. So I'm hoping this is the start of steady losses.

Ruby and loozer - I feel your pain on the ankle injuries. I chipped my heal bone almost ten years ago and had to have surgery on it. Still bothers me. I've tried running, but I just can't do it. I didn't really like running when I tried it anyhow, so no big loss there.

wanna - WTG on another loss. I really think it helps to change up your routine every once in awhile (i.e. revisiting induction phase of atkins). I'm going to DC in a little over a week for police week. (thousands of men in uniform surrounding me...yes please! ) I know I won't stay on plan, but I am just hoping not to gain and that the change in routine will help spur on more weight loss when I get back.

Happy Friday eve everyone!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 258/224/180

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! I hope it's alright if I join here

I am feeling so stuck, right on the border of 220-221. I'm so freaking close, I can taste it.. but it tastes like another walk to the fridge. I need to find my exercise motivation again, and get moving to get back on track. How are you motivating yourselves?
constellationmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

constellationmomma-I am so close too, Yesterday my weight was 220.2 and this morning it was 220.8. It's so frustrating.

When I started my weight loss journey, I told myself that I can get a new phone when I lose 20 pounds. And now I'm 4 pounds away! I wish I could rush this process because I haven't had a phone since the beggining of February when my other one broke. My friends are always trying to get me to just buy the phone anyway so they can text me, but I just tell them no. If I get the phone now, I won't have a reward for when I lose 20 pounds.

I asked my brother to make a workout plan for me, but he said no. So I started looking online and I found this website called Blogilates. So I'm going to try that out on the days I don't go to the gym.

And thanks for the well wishes on my ankle! It's better now. It only hurt for that day, but now I'm afraid to go to the gym as much as I was before. So I'm only going Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. My brother asked me when was the next time I'm going and I said "Friday". And he said "Well I'm going with you and you're going to be sweating a lot and your arms are going to hurt for days". So now I'm thinking That's good....ish. Maybe I can make it to the two teens by Monday.
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #119  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

I am screaming crying and kicking tires. I cannot stop gaining and losing this lb. Today I gained it and it is going to skew my whole day. I am so tired of feeling like this. I am so tired in general. Long hours at work compounded by a non sleeping baby and I am at my breaking point. I am so tired I just don't have it in me to exercise.... but why can I only llose when I exercise. I eat good. But if I don't exercise it doesn't matter what I eat. Literally on the brink here.

That being said you ladies are doing great. I am sorry to bring you down. I just need support.

Wanna, excellent job on losing outside of your whoosh week. You deserve it.

Justa, congrats to you on the scale moving. Have a wonderful trip, you'll do great.

Wv, I'm hoping you've dropped 2 instead of 1 but either is great.

Ruby, you are so close. Hang in there!!

Welcome momma.
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #120  
Sue finding inner song

Welcome Constellation! Glad to have you here with us (and I hope you have a short visit! )

Ruby.. ooohhhh getting a phone..You have such strength not giving into the temptation! but only 4 lbs to go to reach that goal! Shazam you will wake up next week with a big smile on your face knowing you made that goal!

WV WOOHOO.. I hope you have lost even more than those 2 lbs! WEEEEE

Justa.. Have a GREAT Weekend! Enjoy yourself and just do the best you can with the food presented!

CooCoo... I am so sorry you are not getting much sleep... shoot.. Sleep does help with weight loss and stress causes water gain (I am proof!)... Exercise helps me too lose water.. but food still is the biggest culprit.. Is there anything you are eating not good for you? Are you drinking enough water... and..... try alittle fresh squeezed lemon in your water.. That helps the water flush alittle. But I am so sorry about the stress in your life. ... May it turn into laughter and relaxing for THIS day!

Me.... well ate (OF COURSE) salty dinner and WHAP! up 1/2 lb of water and I shoulda lost too.. but its water.. just that NO calorie stuff that me cells are storing (I think they told me in my sleep that they wanted a bigger swimming pool) NOT! lol

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-02-2014 at 08:07 AM.