Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #76  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Finally down 30 lbs ladies! I didn't think it was ever going to happen. MyGoodness!!! Interestingly enough I've increased my calories a little bit due to hunger and haven't had time to work out nearly as extensively.... I don't know what to think. Fluke? Was I doing to much? Was I not eating enough? Why can't I figure out the right path. Nothing has been very consistent, though its only been less than 2 months. Ideas?
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

Congratulations CooCooCaChoo!!!!! I can't wait till I'm at that point.

So I have this friend that's trying to lose weight with me, but I feel she doesn't know how to do it at all. One time we went to the store and I saw the new box of Lucky Charms (I love cereal, it's my weakness) and I said "I wish I could get this". And she said "Then get it". So I said "I can't, I'm trying to lose weight". So then she responded with "But you've been doing so good, you can still have it". And that's when I realized why she never loses weight.
I have convinced her to drink more water though and she lost 6 pounds of water weight. She was also recently disgnosed with PCOS. So now it'll be even harder, but I'm just going to encourage her.
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 245/signature/135

Ruby red. While it's nice to have friends to lose weight with you have to be careful not to let them drag you down when they don't take it seriously. When ever I'm considering cheating I'm always running different scenarios thru my head justifying why I should allow myself to cheat, I don't need a friend egging me on as well. Lol.
Donna34747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #79  
Obsessed

Ladies ladies ladies. Help me! Over the last 4 days I have lost 3 lbs. .5, .5, 1, 1. Have you seen a woosh happen over a few days timeframe? I am eating more calories, and have been lax on the exercise. Believe it or not I am a little concerned and more than confused. Am I just having a funky month? On April 21 it will be offically 2 months so I don't necessarily know what my pattern is. I've had weeks were I don't lose, I have had wooshes, I have had lose and gain of a few lbs, but that all happened while I was stritly eating 1200 calories and working out 5 times a week. I don't know what to think or do.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Coocoo I would go with it. If your body is responding and you are going about it in a healthy way, I say it's probably a whoosh!

I'm having a HARD time! I have not even lost a single lb this week at all. My eating has been pretty on point and I have been exercising. It is so frustrating! I upped my cals a teeny bit the last few days and haven't been exercising much the last three days either, thinking maybe I am just sore and holding on to weight. The scale budged HALF A POUND this whole week. I am going back to C25K tomorrow because my softball teammates are fast as heck and I am slow as molasses so I want to practice running more. Hopefully I start dropping lbs again. I was dying to be in the 230s but now I can't seem to get out of here!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #81  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Obviously still ghosting this thread..... .
Some rooting for Wanna going on .

Anywho--CooCooCaChoo Yes whooshes can and often happen over days. Mine works that way too, and I may even see small jump back up after it's done, which is fine. Depending on your workout regimen, it can totally mask weight loss for weeks, as you hold water to heal those new muscle tears you are creating. So I definitely understand what you are experiencing during your "rest" days. I lost several pounds after taking a week off from my normal workout. This is why they say measurements are a better indication of weight loss, because we are comprised of so many variables, fat, muscle, water, waste etc...
I also would like to note that I have experienced the dreaded weight gain experience at the start of a new workout program as well. But those should go away after 2 weeks or less for most people--I have even heard a full month. I think any longer and something is wrong...
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #82  
Obsessed

Thanks ladies. Half a lb reappeared. Grrrrr. I wish I understood my body better. Everytime I start to think I have things figured out I suddenly realize I am still clueless. Today was our day to celebrate Easter with our families and the first day ever that I've ate 2 bad meals. I made a conscious choice when I woke up today I would eat small portions of things I wanted. I don't feel guilty surprising, and I am actually looking forward to going back to my new lifestyle tomorrow.

While we were at my families house I noticed a scale in the kitchen. I looked around and nobody was looking or paying attention to me so I figured I would weigh myself to see how close it was to my scale at home. To my complete horror and mortification it loudly announced my weight to everyone, not once but twice. I wanted to cry. It also said I was much heavier than my home scale, but I had on a lot of clothes including thick jeans. Sigh.

Justaloozer, how do you like C25K? I have thought about it but am pretty embarrassed to run in public. I feel ridiculous.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates. To everyone else, have a great Sunday!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 226/150

I'd like to join in this thread. I'm at 226 as of Thursday, which is nearly the highest I've ever been and I'm feeling super down on myself. I think my problem has been sticking to a plan. I have a feeling logging my foods would help, as that is what helped in the past.

Coocoocachoo- I did c25k last year. I remember feeling weird when I ran in public at first too. I just tried to block it out. Once, a woman stopped me in her car to tell me that I was doing a great job (I was running with the jogging stroller). As much as I say I tried to block it out, being self-conscious is one reason why I'm not running now (and my stroller is busted).
heybabyquepaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #84  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Sorry to barge in ladies but I've been reading some of your posts because I'm very excited to join this thread soon! Not official yet but I'm sure I'll make a loud entrance when it is! haha.. I know I'm still big for my weight.. but geez, 230 something sounded like a pipe dream months ago!
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #85  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Welcome to those that are coming and those that are new here!

I am having a really hard time getting my mind back on track (AGAIN!) This has been a tough battle with my inner voice (EGO) ARGH. and it has won out over my good senses these last few days... So I am up in weight (I feel it and know it).. Giving myself another good talking too (did it a month ago) so that I can get going on this journey. I am NOT going to continue to go backwards.. BEEN THERE and DO NOT WANT THAT.. Going forward is a direction that goes towards victory and health!

Hey MarliQ Thank you for the wink.. I will get going so that I can get into those 2 teens .. tho I have a feeling you will be in ONDERLAND by then!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 04-22-2014 at 07:53 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #86  
Obsessed

Welcome all the ladies joining us.

Wanna, I can relate. My whoosh that happened over 4 days has all piled back on over 4 days. I cannot budge these 3 lbs. I am so upset. I feel myself giving up and it feels so hopeless. How can I be so stuck at only 2 months in. Its been weeks since I've lost anything, 3 weeks to be exact. Every morning when I see the same weight or a gain I feel like my heart literally breaks. I am still eating healthy, actually have no desire to eat bad. My issue is that I don't want to work out. At all. Now, the sensible side of me said this lack of exercise is contributing to my depression. But the old me says I don't care about being sensible.

When I had my whoosh and I thought it was related to eating more I figured out that my fitbit was set to estimate my calories burned, so, I disabled the estimator. Sure enough, it took the data from the last 2 months and showed I burn about 2600 calories a day. So, I would be able to eat 1600 to still have that 1000 calorie deficit to lose 2 lbs a week. Great! Just what I figured might be happening. So my strict 1200 calories a day wasn't enough. Well.......... Yesterday,another lazy work out day for me. I ate 1275 calories. The fitbit is telling me I overate!!! So now I am like "what the heck!"?!?! And lo and behold, the scale shows another .5 lb gain this morning.

Sorry for rambling. Bottom line is I have no idea what I am doing. I have no idea what I should be consuming. I know I am eating healthy. Am I eating enough? No clue. Too much? Who knows. Do I need to resume exercising? Absolutely. How do I do that when I feel so discouraged? I don't know.

Last edited by CooCooCaChoo; 04-22-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #87  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

CooCoo.... It is aggravating - this journey sometimes.. I think our bodies just react to situations and stress which releases hormones and then hold water. (Just my thinking) Less food does cause weight loss.. but it does not always show up right away. I woosh 3-4 days a month.. that's it. During the off time I might (MIGHT) lose 1-2 total lbs.. but I need those woosh days to lose 4 lbs (and I gained my woosh lbs right back too last weekend plus 3! argh). Patience.. it is our lesson on this journey I am thinking and THANK GOD we have each other to rely on for help and understanding and comiserating with! CooCoo.. you will get a loss.. you surely will and I will lose this cr*ppy gain.. I will! We are DETERMINED! and COMMITTED!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Looks like we are all in the same boat. My scale is not budging. In fact, it went up almost a full pound! I am 234.2 today. I have been exercising 5x a week and eating at a deficit. Between Mon-Tues I burned 1530 cals! Still no loss. I feel myself wanting to quit. I've been losing and regaining the same 2lbs.

Last edited by justaloozer; 04-23-2014 at 07:50 AM.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #89  
Obsessed

Hugs all you ladies tight! We can all do this. We will all get thru this together. I woke up with my period and a 1.5 lb loss, how crazy is that?! I am still up a lb from my lowest weight.

Wanna, you are such a positive aura. I am so glad I found this group!

Justa, know you aren't alone. I felt exactly like you describe. Today I am too overcome with menstrual pain to care about the number on the scale, isn't it funny how that works? You've already come to far to give up. I admire you.

Both of you amaze me with your success. I am blessed to be part of this with you.

Last edited by CooCooCaChoo; 04-23-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all,
Thought I would join in this thread. With 15 lbs to lose before reaching the two-teens, I'll be here awhile. (But hopefully not too long. )

Last edited by wvuchick; 04-23-2014 at 12:31 PM.
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote