Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

You're on Page 6 of 31
Go to
  • Quote: I will miss the mornings we shared as you told me that my yesterdays paid off--that I did great--as always, and that you even felt less pain as I stood on your face. I wish this could have lasted forever and ever, but alas, all good things must come to an end. Farewell my friend...
    Love it!

Quote: xRiot new battery for the scale maybe? I would just go with the 199 and forget the whole thing!!!!
    I actually just put a new battery in it maybe 2 weeks ago..it's always given me different numbers, but this time was just the most severe. I like your way of thinking though

Quote:
    It's all about being prepared I think!
    I don't know much about weight loss and what works yet, but this is the first piece I've gotten that I know is concrete--when I'm prepared for the day, I ALWAYS stay on plan and do well/ Good luck to you

@Marli, @noname Congrats you guysss woohoo!! Love seeing all this progress
  • Jumping in. I think it's been about a year since I've posted in the two-teens thread....got way off course with life stress and all but it's getting better now and I'm officially back in the two-teens. 219.6 this AM. I'm doing low carb right now and a bit too busy at work to make it to the gym (I work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day until April 15th). My goal is to get down to 210 by the time I go on vacation in May.

I just read through this whole thread, so my brain is reeling, but, good job to all!
  • Hi ladies!! I've been MIA for about a week now! I went on a 4 day eating "binge" that put a TOOON of water weight on me. I snapped out of it before it turned into a complete quit on my weight loss journey. So I took 4 days after that to get the water weight off. As of today, I'm at 214.50 lbs. I'm making some changes in my diet so hopefully it will help to keep the scale moving down. I had abandoned heavy lifting for a week but I'm picking it back up tomorrow.

JODOTO!! You caught up with me! LOL! You go girl!! HA HA!! Now I gotta chase YOU!

MarliQQ - you are on a roll too!! You all are doing so awesome!

Gonna stick around and stay accountable because I really want to see Onederland before the year is over!!
  • Jodoto, I’m 5’4” so a little taller than you but yes, very similar although you've lost a lot more than me. You’ve done great, when did you start?

I just started posting on a challenge thread on another forum and a girl on there posted about her horror at weighing in at 170 at 5’2” – I would looooove to be 170, but I guess it’s all relative as my mom would say. But, the challenge is to lose 10lbs by Memorial Day so I want to be down to 205 by then. I lost 2lbs this week, which gives me a good start and I am seeing my doctor this afternoon to see about going back on phentermine after my month break. I was taking the supplement phen caps during that time and I lost 6lbs in that month and pretty much stayed on plan so I think I did pretty well!

Hey Olivia, great to have you back, and that you got back on after 4 days of food-freedom, I think that shows real strength that you started up again so well done for that!! I hope I can do the same if I go off track in the future...
  • Ghost, hi and welcome! Nice work so far!

Olivia, good to see you back. It certainly takes willpower to get back on track.

I need to get back to the gym this week. I took a full two weeks off while I recovered from an illness. I'm still not 100% which is adding to my hesitation to go back but I know I am capable if I start slow. Getting sick is usually the cycle that gets me off track from weight loss. I really don't want that to happen especially so close to being in onederland!!
  • Hey Ladies!

First off, before I post about me, I would like to say to Olivia7906, that you are such an amazing woman . You could have just gotten really discouraged, took off longer, or just simply given up--but you stopped it all before it got to be too much. Not only that, Olivia you actually came back, and shared your disappointments! All of this makes for a triumph, even if you don't see it. Your post was very encouraging for me today, thank you, thank you hun . I am rooting for us all to get what we want .

Now, regarding my current status, My excitement regarding my new workout has turned into fear ! What if I get my butt kicked today?!! What if I am not as fit as I think I have gotten?? So many what ifs...but the only thing left--so cliche'--is to do it. I am such a baby . April is going to be amazing guys, let's multiply our progress!

nikitanix YES, yes, ! Weight is very relative to height. When I used to weigh around 250--people were shocked, and I would have to remind them of height differences. I also remember being in the 5th grade, having a class project that required us to weigh ourselves, and being embarrassed to tell my friends what I weighed. I can't recall the exact weight, but I remember wanting to be under 110 because my friends ranged from there to as low as 90lbs, and I was like 110-115!! I was the tallest girl in my class! I was a long legged skinny child--who if anything--looked like she should have been eating more, not less!!! I laugh now but I will always remember the horror I felt then, being the "fattest" girl in my class .

ghost Your brain is reeling because I too much .
  • Warm hugs to all of you ladies! MarliQQ - you just touched me heart. Thank you so much because even I didn't look at it as a triumph, but looking back on the MANY times I have quit and gone quiet, I CAN see how it is triumphant to face it, even after a bad several days, share it, and get on with it! Thank you for helping me to see that!

This journey definitely has its peaks and valleys, highs and lows. I'm very glad I didn't give up completely and came back! It's like having a relapse lol. I'm owning it and moving forward.

nikitanix - we will ALL get to 170! I would love to be that too right about now lol. It would be so cool if we could all make it to the lower threads together!
  • Good Morning everyone!

It's a good morning! Although I tossed and turned last night from kinks in my back muscles (they were aching all night), I woke up weighing 212.50 lbs! That's a 2 lb drop from yesterday! Awesome! I'm not happy about the pulled back muscles though because today I'm supposed to start back heavy lifting. I'm going to go a bit lighter than I usually do to avoid further injury.

Today I am eating a raw foods diet. It's something I've wanted to try out and experiment with so my plan is to eat a raw foods diet every Tuesday. Right now I'm drinking a strawberry banana smoothie before my jog this morning. I'm actually going to theme my days of the week just to add some fun and spiciness to my journey lol. I'm a spicy girl, what can I say.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Olivia, aside from your back, it sounds like you're doing awesome! Woohoo! Keep it up and I hope your back starts to feel better. Hopefully some light exercise will help stretch it out and make it less achy. What sorts of foods will you be eating on your raw days?

I finally went back to the gym yesterday! It felt awesome. Today I'm supposed to be adding some strength into my workout, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hesitant...I am *so* close to Onederland, that I am tempted to wait...as I've heard starting strength training can cause people to hold onto or gain weight initially. But I know I'll get there anyway, and it doesn't matter if it takes a little longer (though my emotions think it matters...argh!) These flabby arms need some muscle, baby!
  • nonameslob - I have a raw foods book that I will be picking recipes out of. Today for lunch, I picked a recipe called Veggie Sub Sandwich. You take two big lettuce leaves (as the bread) and fill it with sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, onions, and a lemon herb dressing (made with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs (tarragon, dill, mint, parsley, oregano, basil), salt, pepper, dijon mustard and fresh garlic. It was QUITE delightful! I didn't skimp on the dressing either lol. For dinner, I'm going to try a zucchini "pasta" with marinara sauce.

As far as weight training goes, I can attest to gaining some pounds from weight lifting lol. I'm actually going to be lifting this evening so I'm curious to see how much the scale goes up tomorrow. But you can't beat the results from it so it's definitely worth it!
  • Olivia, you're my inspiration this week. I've been fighting the binge beast for the past week or so, and I've given in pretty much every day. I've gained a little more than half a pound which isn't much, but at the same time it is another half pound that I need to relose. Anyway, I'm done throwing the pity party for myself, thanks to your posts. Time to get right back on the wagon, and I started tonight with a 45 min Tae Bo session. It felt great!

Let's own April, ladies. It's a brand new month.
  • Awww, thank you xRiotGirl! The binge beast is a monster isn't it!? It's like a school bully that keeps pushing you around until you stand up to it lol. I'm glad to hear you jumped right back on the wagon! I had to do the same thing lol. And Taebo? I LOOOVE Taebo! lol I plan to do that this Friday Yes, April is a brand new month so let's kick butt!! I want to get as close to Onederland as I possibly can.

This morning, I weighed in at 211.00! That's down 1.50 lbs from yesterday! This is my new low for this particular weight loss journey so I'm happy to just see it today lol. Maybe it will stick, maybe it won't but at least I can say today that I'm less than 12 lbs from Onederland!

Happy Hump Day all!
  • Jodoto - Thank you for yelling at me to get my butt back here! lol! When you read back, you'll see I went on a 4-day eating binge! It was ugly lol Don't be like me! I hope you are staying strong on your wedding weekend! Can't wait to hear how everything went!
  • Binge cravings suck for sure. Hope you get past them soon.

I've got no updates. I refuse to weigh myself during shark week. I feel bloated. That is all, carry on
  • Quote: Binge cravings suck for sure. Hope you get past them soon.

I've got no updates. I refuse to weigh myself during shark week. I feel bloated. That is all, carry on
    Totally reasonable. I don't weigh myself on days I feel heavier, and it's crazy how right I can be about that. I broke that rule this morning and regret it

Olivia, woohoo you go girl! Keep it up!

I start weight training yesterday (which is probably why I had gained today...but that's still annoying). Felt good though!

Thought I was at day 20-ish and was hoping I could make a signature soon but still no luck. I want one of those fancy weight trackers!