Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I hope you are all doing awesome!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hey ladies - I just wanted to check in quickly. I've been reading your updates. I've been super busy at work and my family reunion is a month from today so I have been crazy crazy busy with that. Of course I always plan too much, but I hope that it all goes well. This year I've made a huge effort to get in contact with our family (My great gparents down are over 300 people.). I am hoping for a big turnout.

I have been stuck in the 209s. I just don't know what to do to get out of it. I've been sticking to my fast plan and been under 1500 calories everyday. Usually in the 1200s. It's starting to "weigh" me down. haha. But I will stick to it, probably just a plateau and I know it won't last forever. It just stinks that it has to happen right before the reunion when I wanted to get to Onederland before then, but that's always how it goes, right?!?!
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #424  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Easily.... So glad you posted and I am glad you made it across our wonderful country. What's with the gravel eating? I mean I know our bodies need minerals.. but ...there are easier ways! I am sorry you got scraped and banged up and hope you HEAL soon! That was nice that that lady wanted to make sure you are ok. People are good! POPcorn.. Oh I know.. that has always been one of my favorite foods I was bad again Sunday night and Monday.. thus. that is why I am up 6 lbs AGAIN!.. I think I like to test my resolve (must be the reason) and yes I,we miss you! LOL (Bertha never came close.. just RIP currents tho.. Brevard County has had 2 shark bites... I thought they had migrated NORTH already....)

WV.. So neat about seeing people at your reunion! I bet they say you look GREAT! and being stuck at a number...It is our body just readjusting and it will go down.. I bet either today or tomorrow you have a WHOOSH!

Walrus.. getting closer to Onderland!

DORIS.. Tomorrow is the weigh in day! OOOOOOOOOO Onderland is calling you! I just bet its there on your scale tomorrow! 1**

TooWicky... Oh I am so so so sorry about your dental troubles (I am scared silly about dentists too and there SHOTS!)... But I bet as you read this.. your pain is much lessoned and you are feeling SO MUCH BETTER!.. Now the body will say.. Hey I liked that loss of weight/water (from you not eating) and it will stay off and take a few others with it!

AIDA.. how many weeks of continuous losses have you had? 16? or even more I bet. Good for you and congratulations!

LesMills.. How are you doing eating the extra Calories? Is your body happier? I bet it is... Oh let us know

Dreaming... I am sorry that things got bad in your family... but sometimes things just have to change. I hope that this action results in a much better life and internal happiness for all involved!

I hope I did not forget anyone... I too am on a journey. I seem to want to play with myself - FOOD WISE and test my resolve. Eating things I know I can't and seeing how long it takes to get the carb craving out of my system and then lose weight again. Such a test... I seem to be doing it to myself every month now.... and the sad thing is I KNOW I AM DOING IT!.. Am I subconsciencely training myself? I know I can do it.. but.. I think I need a good talking as now I just want to lose the rest of the weight 56 lbs so I can make goal.. THO ONDERLAND 1st! Yeppers... and then I can test myself! LOL Happy Day all!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 08-07-2014 at 08:00 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #425  

Easily - Sorry to hear about your fall. Kudos to the lady who stopped, seems to be rarer and rarer these days unfortunately. 2.5 miles is great, you'll get back to 5 in not time!! I so envy your adventure. I love to travel just don't get to do it much.

Sue - I do think taking a break might help (both of us). But I kind of want to wait until Onederland too!

Well still no change in the evil scale. I haven't been "going" much lateley, think I might take something to help things along if you know what I mean. Other than that I've been doing great on my plan. Work is still busy. My family bought a camp in the northern part of the state and this weekend we are going up to do some cleaning and construction. I should definitely burn some calories! I just hope there is some time for relaxation too. I desperately need it with all the work and reunion stress.

Hope you all have a great Friday eve!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Wanna - so far I have yet to actually make it to 1500 so I haven't felt too different. I came close yesterday at 1402 though. Now, this weekend I'll have no problem as that 300 is going toward a dinner out haha - an old friend from High School is in town visiting her daughter and we're planning on going out for dinner after we get cleaned up from participating in a "mud run". That should be hilarious

I'm curious to see what the scale does on Monday after a week of these little increases in food intake. My mind is saying it's gonna suck because I've been at 1200 cal for so long...we shall see. I know when your metabolism shifts you gotta adjust right along with it whether its up or down, but it's difficult to change that mindset and eat more when you're so used to being careful. You feel like you're cheating when you're not. Strange.

Easily - Yikes about the fall...don't do that again! (lol as if you needed to hear that)

And to everyone - have a good day!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #427  

Height: 5'5"

I'm peeking ahead. I am still firmly in the 220s, but if I post an introduction here, it means that I will soon be here for real, right? The 2-teens feel like almost as much of an accomplishment as Onederland for me, so I can't wait!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I CANNOT BELIEVE that it is Friday already Our family reunion went great on Sunday, but it was soooo much work getting ready, plus training! Left on Monday for a few days for much needed R&R. Still the same at 198 on the scale this morning and I am fine with that. This is usually my plateau week, so next week I am planning on going down more....

Sue - Hit 198.6 last Friday. You called the numbers and now I am stuck at them! I play to food game once in a while so I do not feel deprived. Fruited alcoholic beverages seem to be my vice now. Hard to resist when sitting by the pool on a hot day. You will be in the 199's soon

LesMills, DreamingSmall and Laurie Dawn! You have found a great thread with plenty of support. Sorry to hear about your situation DreamingSmall, but glad you are keeping up working out!

Easily - Glad to hear that you made it to WA! Drink a nice cup of coffee for me Sorry to hear about your spill. You will be bounce back soon!

wvu- Feel your stress about the reunion planning. I am sure everyone will have a great time. Family is everything. Just make sure to take a break when it is over to recoup.

AAD & Walrus - You gals are doing great I will see you both on the 190's thread soon!!

See my feet - How are you doing? Your posts are great and always bring a smile to my face...

Sorry if I missed anyone. Working and training today. I am actually going to another family reunion tomorrow about 2 hours away in the mountains. They have a bluegrass band, so it should be a fun, fun day. Talk to you everyone soon!!
Doris5096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Thank you everyone, for the welcome. I am really struggling. One of my twins is medically complex. We got bad news from his MRI last Friday, which led to them wanting another test done, which was done yesterday. Today they called and want to move up his appointment, which was scheduled for December (following the MRI) to Aug 21. I know the way neurology works at our children's hospital, and I know this means more bad news. I've had half of a tub of ice cream in the freezer for over 5 months. Now it's all in my stomach. I'm so angry at myself. A very, very large reason why I want to get healthy is so that I will be able to care for my son at home for as long as possible. Ice cream will NOT help with that, and yet I get news that his care may be more involved and I binge? I suck. I just suck.

Doris, I hope you had fun at the reunion!

Laurie, looking forward to seeing more (less) of you around here!

LesMills, how was the mud run??

TooWicky, congrats on your NSV and good luck with your reboot!

WVU chick, hope you bust through that plateau soon!

Easily, so sorry about your fall! Glad you're ok.

WannaSkip, sometimes I dance that dance, too. Why do we do that to ourselves?
DreamingSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #430  

Hello Ladies!

Heading to my family camp for a few days. Still no scale movement but I know it's only temporary. I've upped my calories to try to help. I'll be back bright eyed and bushy tailed on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #431  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Dreaming.... Oh I am so sorry.. but I hope whatever happens at the Doctors apt has a good outcome! Don't beat yourself up! Shoot we are human and sometimes... welll.... the food just wins.. Just keep yourself strong and believe in your child!

WV enjoy your trip

Me... Lost my job yesterday and am down down down... I will check in ... but taking a few days off (tho staying on plan).. at 56... with only Real Estate closing experience... well... jobs are HARD to come by... going to check out customer service jobs and maybe some stores are hiring for Christmas (I hope)... I will cheer you all on from my heart and mind!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

WannaSkip, I'm so very sorry. How incredibly stressful! I hope you find work soon. Best wishes!
DreamingSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #433  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I am seeing a lot of pain on this post and I hope you are all doing better. this too shall pass.

I am right on the 200lb mark, so packing my bags for Onederland! Although I will probably stick around this post until 195lbs just to be sure.

I am sending good vibes.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

The mud run was a lot of fun. Got a lot of hilarious pictures and found out just how high a ski hill really is after having to climb the access stairs (500 of em) to get to the top LOL

Had a bit of a splurge day yesterday with being out of town, but overall for the week I'm still averaging just under 1500 per day so I'm not too concerned about it. Weigh in tomorrow morning with the trainer so we'll see how it all shakes out

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi All,

Just checking in really quickly. It's been a hectic couple of weeks with my young 'un checking out college open house and getting her learner's permit and other such things. I've been at 217-219 for the last few weeks, but this morning...215.5.

I'm really sorry to hear a few of you have been having such a horrible time recently. You're all so brave to keep on plugging away despite what life throws at you. I hope things look up soon.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote