Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Thanks noname! It certainly is stressful, but it might be the key to my weightloss as I was so busy I forgot to eat - like on Sunday I didn't eat between breakfast and dinner I was just so busy cleaning and was very much in the zone!!! I know this is bad but it will be just until I am settle back into my old routine, and I really miss the gym!!

As for the machines at the gym, on the ones at mine they have the instructions printed on them but on a couple, I was doing as they said and following them when the instructors have come up to me and told me I'm doing it wrong, and how to do it, which made me feel real embarrassed, but then I thought that they probably have to say it to everyone, so asking is a good idea!! They must have heard it all before!

Well done nitrus - samsies!!!

Last edited by nikitanix; 04-23-2014 at 12:02 PM.
nikitanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang...Welcome Nitrus! I was finally back to the weight I was before Spring Break. I had a perfect eating day yesterday...and so far, so good today! I can't believe that Olivia....she is almost out of the 190's! She just left here, for crying out loud! Olivia the Trail blazer!!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great evening! See ya Lighter! Jodoto
jodoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #183  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Haha!! It was my juicing week, what can I say Also, since I've been a "dieter" for many years, I have learned my particular body quite well and I have devised a very particular eating and exercise plan that has been dropping the pounds like I've had weight loss surgery lol. When I go back and forth between the juicing week and my devised plan, oh my gawd...the weight flys off! One day I'm going to write a book

Last edited by Olivia7906; 04-23-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

Hurry up and write the book so I can buy it!
jodoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #185  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

hit the gym last night and thought I would only walk but ended up jogging.. which is a plus! Still at 209 this morning.. I am still trying to figure out what to eat post gym. I am done with gym around 9pm so I know it's too late to eat. Have any of you tried Protein Shakes post gym at night? Do they work?
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #186  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodoto View Post
Hurry up and write the book so I can buy it!
Yes, this!!! Tell us your ways!

nitrus29 Are you supposed to eat after the gym? Honest question! I'd heard that it's important if you're doing intense weight training, but otherwise I didn't know it was really that important. I even work out while fasted sometimes. Other times I will be hungry afterwards so I'll eat something. But interested to know if there's a reason behind this and if I should change my routine.

I don't' really have many dietary restrictions other than following 5:2, but I've been thinking of cutting down on refined sugar. I drink coffee. I love coffee. I don't use THAT much sugar, but it does add up...so I think I'm going to try honey. I love honey, and since I use local it *should* help with my allergies to eat it more regularly. Next time I buy peanut butter (I have two unopened jars already in the cabinet...), I'm going to switch to the no-sugar-added kind. I just get so tempted by PB when it's on sale, and it's never the natural stuff that's on sale! Not sure what kind of an effect this will have on weight loss, energy levels, etc. but I figure it's worth a shot.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #187  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hiya Ladies!!

I like this part of my weight loss journey, I mean, I really do . For me, I always knew that even if the scale said 250, but I could fit into a true size 6 I would be excited. But the scale and shrinking clothing sizes are no longer as exciting --I am now finding myself slightly more addicted to my mirrors than the scale. I find myself poking at my collarbones, examining my thighs, grabbing at my thinning midsection....
There was definitely a time when I got upset because I saw no difference in the mirror, despite my scale--even my progress pics were like "eh?", but now I see and feel the change , and I'm lovin' it --it took 40lbs!!--but better late than never.

nikitanix For me I usually don't have both lunch and breakfast, I will have one or the other. Usually replacing breakfast or lunch with a snack, depending on the day. Lately, lunch has been suffering, and I have been grabbing what is accessible. But dinner, dinner NEVER suffers .

Olivia7906 You are doing great!! I guess we won't ever be in the same thread again .

nitrus29 I am not one to drink protein shakes, but I know of people who do. And by do they work? I am not sure what you mean. But I know protein shakes work in the way you expect vitamins to. They should supplement some of those macros you expect to hit, and the first obviously being protein--important for muscle building. I suppose if you believe your protein intake is lacking through your normal diet, then go for it. For me, protein shakes are not necessary for now. I plan to add them in when I can actually start building real muscle, and I can't do that right now while I am in a calorie deficit.

nonameslob I wish I could work in more pb than I do, but I consider it a regular part of my cheat foods, and regrettably I always usually have something higher on the list for me to be naughty with, like this slice of cake in my fridge.....
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #188  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Room for one more? currently just dipped into sub two teens and I need some motivation to find my way to onederland. I try to get at least 45mins of exercise every day (I am currently in a very sedimentary job) and I am on a very calorie restrictive diet, which I rather like. Struggling abit with motivation now because the main thing that motivated me has already been achieved and currently looking for another goal... (without a real goal its very hard not to stray...) and currently not enjoying my job. Currently stressful and it doesn't seem to die down, rather the opposite, not to mention me and DH is in the process of buying a house (so I anticipate a housemove soon..)

Last Weigh was around 209.. Slowly does it.. right?
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #189  
Call me NNS!

MarliQQ oh goodness, I don't need more PB either LOL! I just need to be eating the healthier kind when I do! It's so awesome how you're seeing a difference and that it's motivating to you I sometimes struggle with that, especially in pictures. But lately, if I'm laying down and put my hand on my stomach, I realize WHOA! It's so much smaller! ALSO omg I love your avatar...the baby! Too cute.

Sorrow Always room Sounds like a lot of stress! That definitely makes it hard to keep on track, unless you're able to find a way to use it as motivation. Can I ask what the goal was that you already achieved? Awesome job already!

The scale read 201 this morning. SO CLOSE! I was really happy to see that after a no-loss week last week (and quite a gain after the weekend). I guess it really was just water weight from sore muscle. This weekend I should be able to eat healthier, as the bf will be away (he's not much into veggies and must have meat at most meals, so it'll be easy for me to fill up with all the spinach and snow peas and whatnot that's in my fridge). Plus, I need to get to work on my garden and lawn, and I can do the 30 Day Shred since he won't be around to make fun of me
Old 04-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #190  

MarliQQ and nonameslob - I meant what other alternatives are there to beat a post workout hunger without doing too much harm? A piece of fruit should be okay post gym. I guess Protein Shakes do help repair and build muscle post workouts, I just didn't want to eat anything too late in the night that my body metabolism would not digest. Protein shakes do have calories and I guess they can be counted within the day's calories too. Good job on the 201 though nonameslob .. you're almost out of here!!

I'm at 208.6 this morning! Slowly does it, indeed!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #191  
Call me NNS!

Okay, that makes more sense. Obviously good to eat after working out if you're hungry I've heard protein shakes are kinda pointless after a workout unless you're doing heavy lifting, and I think the energy from protein could make it a bit harder to sleep at night, but I'm not a nutritionist. I'd guess a small snack of fruit or veggies would be good.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #192  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

3/21 = 216.5 Lost .1# this week
3/28 = 216.2 Lost .3# this week
4/4 = 215.9 Down into the next pound!
4/11 = 215.7
4/20 = 215.5
4/25 = 215.3
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #193  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Thank you Noname

My main motivation was to lose enough wait to qualify for fertility treatment and I reached that a while back. (BMI of less than 35) and 16stone (224lb) finally got my referral now, so its a waiting game.

ooh 201, what a tease! you can get there
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #194  

good luck sorrow

weighed in at 207.8 this morning! I was thinking of getting a personal trainer for a month to see what more I can do.. and won't you believe that most gyms offer personal training ONLY if you sign up for a year's membership! Not a month's membership! boo!!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies! I think I'm going to join this group. I hope you don't mind. The 30s thread doesnt really move, and I have a considerable amount of weight I need to lose. Currently. I'm at 209. Started at 213, but I am working to get down to between 145 and 160. So I need some motivation and support.

I'm a calorie counter. As far as work outs go... I've been taking my dogs for a walk with my neighbor a couple times a week. I also work 3 12 hour shifts a week plus go to school ... so I fit it in where I can
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote