Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

You're on Page 11 of 31
Go to
  • Olivia, that's awesome!!!

Not making much progress. These are gonna be the slowest two and a half pounds ever. Grr.
  • Guess what guys...

198.6 this morning! Almost can't believe it! And my body fat % went down with it, so I'm thinking that number is here to stay. Ahhhh so excited!!
  • YOU DID IT! You are amazing and inspiring RiotGirl!

I'll see you over in the 190s thread...eventually. Congratulations on hitting this milestone.
  • Happy Belated Birthday ghost!!

Well done XriotGirl, well done on your new low!! Your birthday goal sounds totally doable!! Good luck for the next weigh-in!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better Olivia!! And back at the gym too!! I have been so slack the last few days as I've been furniture shopping in my free time and so I haven't had as much time to go to the gym, everything seems very rushed but I have found a flat and the furniture I like so it's a case of organizing it all now, which I am not looking forward to at all!!

Nonameslob, great to hear your boyfriend is taking your lead and getting healthy too! But, isn't it so unfair how men can just lose weight without even trying?! A guy at my work had a long trip at the end of last year and said he put on 15lbs because he was just eating and partying for a month, and now he says he's back to normal, just by returning to his normal life - he doesn't even work out or anything!! Grrrrr!!

Sounds like you had a great trip jodoto, how it it getting back to reality?

A question, a girl at my work said most companies let you have a day off for moving, as a personal day - does anyone else have this is their job? I am kind of shy to ask my boss in case he looks at me badly for asking, especially if it's not true.
  • nonameslob - I also notice that when I get very close to leaving a decade, the scale slows down to turtle speed or stops all together. It really sucks! I'm hoping you will past those 2.5 pounds up soon!

xRiotGirl - WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I am SOOOOOO inspired!!! I don't think you'll be seeing the 200's EVER AGAIN! Good for you and I'm right behind you so keep a seat warm for me in the 190's thread!! But not too long of course....gotta keep it moving

nikitanix - furniture shopping will be my reality in a couple months also as I'm moving to a new state and have to practically furnish the entire thing. I'm glad you found what you like! I'm not sure about the personal day for moving because I currently don't have a job lol...hope others will be more help on that.

jodoto - Where are you???
  • nikitanix Yes, it is so frustrating! But now he IS trying, so even though he loses faster than me, I am proud of the efforts he's making. Plus, he has a very physical job and was eating a TON of crap so it makes sense that he's losing so fast. I hope it continues so we can turn into the health and fitness nuts that we are, deep down under the layers of fat. haha

I think it's worth talking to your boss, but it probably all depends on how your vacation/personal time works. Where I work, we accrue .25 "personal" days each month (this is on top of regular vacation days), so that is the time I would use if I was moving. Good luck with your move! I know it's so stressful.

We actually just re-signed our lease at our house. It's the first time I've been anywhere for so long aside from my parents house (we've been in this place two years, going on three), but after this third year is up, next summer, we're moving halfway across the country.

Olivia good luck to you with your move, too!!!

I need to keep reminding myself that I'm well ahead of my goal of getting under 200 by the end of the month, and I still have two weeks to lose those last 2.5 pounds.
  • nonameslob - Okay....I just clicked on your "My Fitness Tumblr" link and the first thing that popped up was that tantalizing, oh so delicious picture of marinated shrimp, pepper and onion kabobs with black bean and corn salad!!!!!! Was that dish like eating a piece of heaven or what??!! That is RIGHT up my alley and looks so good! You should share the recipe!!
  • Ha! OMG it was SO good! I usually don't post food on there, but it was way too pretty not to.

The kebobs I marinated in McCormick's Mojito Lime Marinade (I try not to use those packets but they're great in a time crunch), followed the directions except I added a bit of honey and lime juice. I marinated the shrimp and veggies in separate containers for 30 min.

The black bean and corn salad is a mix of recipes, so let's see if I can figure it out...

-2 cups (or one can) black beans, liquid drained (I cook my own and freeze instead of using cans)
    -2 cups frozen corn
    -1 can Rotel, or fresh salsa
    -Onion (I'm not sure how much, I use onion powder bc the bf hates onions)
    -1 tsp cumin
    -Fresh lime juice, to taste
    -1 tbsp olive oil, optional
    -S&P to taste

It's pretty adaptable but the basics are there. Sometimes I add jalapenos. This time, I had a bit of leftover fresh salsa so I used half that, half Rotel. It's best if you make it the day before. Serve cold with a slotted spoon. And this time, I added a tiny bit of feta cheese on top! Great dish for picnics and parties. Can be served as a dip with tortilla chips, too.
  • ^Recipe noted! I'm going to try it out, thanks so much for posting it!

I started juicing again this week and I'm going to do juice through next Wednesday, for a total of 10 days. Got a wedding to be in as a bridesmaid in exactly one month from today and I'm dealing with dress drama right now. I'm going to be in Onederland by the time the wedding comes. I have spoken. 203.25 today.
  • Ahh you're catching up! I was still 202.4 today. Sigh. Won't have an official weigh-in this week since I'll be away, but maybe come Monday after a weekend of activity (and likely booze......) it'll go down a bit. Ack. I've been so stressed with work though, I'm not surprised the scale isn't moving. At least it's not going up

Good luck with your juicing! That must take willpower. I like to chew my food. Sometimes I think I could chew on cardboard and the simple act of chewing would make me feel full haha!

Wedding drama seems to be in the air. Are you having to do a lot for the wedding? I am so thankful none of my close friends are getting married. I do have one wedding to go to in June. I can't wait to wear my favorite summer dress and make it a "during" picture (I have a really terrible "before" picture of me in that dress near my highest weight).

How's everyone else's week going?
  • Noname, I have to agree with Olivia, that dish looks incredible!! And what a great way to use black beans, I always see how I should be eating them but never know how to eat them, thank you for the recipe!!

It is proving pretty stressful with the moving, but I got a bunch of cleaning things last night after work so tonight or maybe on the weekend I'll have a big spring clean at my new apartment - eeek, so exciting and yet so exhausting!!

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!
  • nonameslob - yes juicing takes quite a bit of willpower. It seems that no matter how much I drink, I'm still hungry lol. I juice no less than 2 liters a day with 4 liters being the most. I do get loads of energy, magnificent nutrients, detoxification benefits, and crazy weight loss. When I juice, I lose a pound a day. I use juicing when I hit plateaus too. Works like a charm. But going back to solids must be done slooooowly and carefully so that no rapid weight gain occurs. I phase out the juicing and add solids little by little. I usually always keep the weight off when I do this. And I keep the exercise going

nikitanix - how exciting!! I can totally relate to your moving excitement! I can't wait until it's my turn in 2 months! I'm REALLY REALLY ready to leave my parents place and have my own peace and privacy lol. A girl can't even walk around the house in bra and panties....I miss that lol. My mom is pretty needy too so I'm ready to move on lol. Can't wait!

I have no Easter plans. I'll probably just be grocery shopping that day and prepping for the new week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Hi Everyone! I have no words for myself....I am not making progress at all.... I feel like you are amazing and I am just stuck! I hope some of your good vibes will rub off on me! Save me a place in Onederland! I hope I get there ONE day! Congrats to all you LOSERS! You are all amazing!
  • Quote: Hi Everyone! I have no words for myself....I am not making progress at all.... I feel like you are amazing and I am just stuck! I hope some of your good vibes will rub off on me! Save me a place in Onederland! I hope I get there ONE day! Congrats to all you LOSERS! You are all amazing!
    Welcome back jodoto! We miss you around here! What seems to be the problem? Are you having difficulty getting back on plan? Are you on plan but the scale is stuck? YOU are amazing too! Hang that on the wall along with a pair of your goal pants and watch things start manifesting! Believe it and watch it happen!
  • So I've been juicing this week which has moved the scale down to 199.50 this morning! Now I'm an experienced juicer and I'm very familiar with the patterns once solids are introduced again. The scale will start to go up slightly (for me it's usually at most 2.25lbs), hold there for a couple weeks, then start going back down. This has been my pattern every time I juice. So I'm going to wait until the end of next week and see where I'm at before I leave this thread and claim a Onederland victory!

How is everyone else? HAPPY EASTER ALL!

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, I think I'm going to speak it into existence that I will not see the 200's anymore and move on down to the 190's thread!! I have spoken . Come join me soon!