Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

You're on Page 10 of 31
Go to
  • nikitanix - great job on your 2 pound loss! Yes everyone is doing really well in this thread. Let's keep up the good work!

jodoto - glad you are having a great time at the beach! For me, it's hard to be on vacation and "stay on track" lol. I've never even attempted it lol. But an idea could be to have one "off track meal" that is portion-controlled and then try to eat relatively healthy the rest of the day....and make fruit one of your 3 meals. That way you can get healthy food in while still enjoying "vacation food"

As for me, I'm out of commission. I've been pulling muscles left and right in my back and last night was the worst. I got no sleep. I was in pain all night. I'm still in pain. No weigh in today and I'm taking a break from cardio at least until Monday and from heavy lifting for at least a week after that. I can't even take a deep breath without deep pain. Ugh. If I don't visit here that frequently in the next several days, it's because I'm resting on a heating pad lol. Keep pushing everyone! We are almost to Onederland!
  • jodoto Sounds like you're having an amazing time!!! I think enjoying yourself is worth any delay in weight loss. You gotta have some fun sometimes, especially if that means some drink and good food. I'm sure you'll get back on track no problem.

nikitanix that sounds so terribly stressful. When do you move? I hope everything goes well with that and your bf. Good job for still losing weight among all that stress! I'd have stuffed my face full.

Olivia oh no! I hope you heal up quickly. Give yourself as much rest as you need and don't let yourself feel guilty about that. You might even notice a loss from taking a break from it all. Take care!

Not terribly excited to weigh tomorrow. It's silly, though. I think I'll still lose this week, but the last few weeks I lost so much that even a one pound loss seems disappointing. Darn head games! Feeling less bloated today, finally.
  • Hope no one minds a double post. Had a .8 loss this week, but to be honest (possible TMI alert!) my tummy hasn't been happy this morning since I got to work, so it might be a bit more than that by now haha! Getting closer!!!

Did 30 Day Shred (level 1) and a 20 minute bike ride with the bf yesterday! So nice out! Hoping to take the bikes out again this weekend and do some yard work and gardening. What's everyone else's plans for this weekend?
  • Hey noname! Sounds like a great weekend plan! You're so close to onederland and well done on the shred!

It has been a stressful few weeks. I think if I hadn't been so deep into this with a clear plan I could have gone off the rails but the one thing that is pretty regimented in my life right now is my diet and exercise so it kind of keeps me relaxed to have strict rules for it lol. If I were just trying to 'eat healthy' then I definitely would have struggled, I think that's where I used to go wrong!

Well, the bf says he won't go abroad, he's now thinking of studying online and working less hours during the week. He's a little all over the place sometimes - I just roll my eyes and say 'ok dear!'

Olivia, so sorry to hear you're in so much pain, is that from the heavy lifting? Hope you get better soon!!
  • 3/7 = 216.7 Lost 0# this week
    3/14 = 216.6 Lost .1# this week
    3/21 = 216.5 Lost .1# this week
    3/28 = 216.2 Lost .3# this week
    4/4 = 215.9 Down into the next pound!
    4/11 = 215.7
  • @Jodoto so jealous of you and your vacation. I agree, give yourself a break and just enjoy yourself out there!

@nikitanix I'm sorry about all that crap you're going through, but you sound like you're pretty mentally tough. Having your own place is going to be nice I bet.

@noname I love that you always stay upbeat even when you're seemingly disappointed by how you feel or what the scale says. Keep up the hard work, you're on your way out of here!

@Olivia Sorry about your back All you need right now is rest and more rest. Take care of yourself!

And I have some exciting news myself, weighed in yesterday morning at 200.2! Sooooooo close!! My Easter goal is to hit 199.4 and my birthday goal, (it's an unofficial goal, it would just make me happy ), is to have maintained that. My birthday is the 1st of May, so I think that's pretty plausible. Feelin' good!
  • Well, yesterday was my birthday and I took the whole day off of dieting and tracking. I'd confess all my food sins but that just seems cruel, lol! So, back on the wagon today and ready to make my next goal of 210 by the end of may...I hope.
  • ^Happy birthday! Enjoy the cake
  • Have your cake, and eat it too! HBD, Ghost! Back from the beach....will face the scale in the morning! Yikes! No matter what, I am just going to pick up where I left off! Back to good habits and healthy eating! See you tomorrow with the news! At least I am tan! Jodoto
  • ^I think that's a great way to go about it - just face reality, and keep on truckin'. Hope you had a great holiday. Welcome back and good luck.
  • jodoto - great attitude! Glad you had a great time!

I'm actually facing the scale today too after a VERY lazy weekend from a bad muscle pull in my back (which has healed significantly) and eating more than I usually eat. So the scale is up 2 lbs to 207.75 from my lowest of 205.75. Not too bad. I'm sure I can get that off this week. I'm heading to the gym in an hour and I can't wait to sweat!
  • xRiotGirl Thanks! I find it hard to be too disappointed when the scale is still going down. It may be frustratingly slow, but I'm still happy with how things are going. Congratulations! You are so close to Onederland! I'm sure you will hit your goal by Easter!

ghost happy birthday Sounds like you were able to enjoy yourself.

I kept pretty busy this weekend but didn't ride my bike at all or go to the gym. I did a lot of spring cleaning and yard work, though, and finally got my garden started. So at least I wasn't sitting on my butt...but I didn't exactly eat great. Binged a good bit. :/ We'll be hiking, biking and canoeing this coming weekend, and hopefully I can find time to get to the gym at least once this week, so plenty of activity to balance it out. I really need to focus on eating better this week, so I can work my way out of this thread...where we will ALL be soon I hope because I've really come to enjoy your company!

My bf is down to 225 from a high of about 260 since we started dating (he's 6'). I'm so happy for him! Over the past year or so since I started getting healthier, he's gradually been making changes, too. Of course he loses much faster than me, but we'll pretend I'm not jealous about that..haha
  • ^That's awesome about your boyfriend! I live with my sister and I get really excited when she picks up new, (better), habits alongside me. It's almost like a feeling of success, even when you're not trying to convert anyone, so to speak.

Olivia glad to hear that you're feeling better. Best is just to get RIGHT back on that horse!

Weigh in tomorrow...this one's a nail biter. My last weigh in put me at 200.2, so this next one is kind of make or break. It either seals the Onederland deal or it doesn't! I spent the first two days of this week, (my "weight loss" week starts on Friday...weird but whatever), over my calorie goal. I also didn't workout either day, although I worked both days, and my job is 100% physical. As in 100%..lol I then spent the next two days way under goal and with some nice, intense workouts. So I'm assuming that for tomorrow's weigh in I'll have just evened the field, but Friday's weigh in will show a loss. Anyway, wish me luck!
  • xRiotGirl - Ooooooo, I'm crossing my fingers for you this morning!!!! I hope you see that magical number on the scale!!

I went down 1.25 lbs so I'm at 206.50 this morning. Gotta get off another 0.75 lb to get back to my low and then on to Onederland.

jodoto - sooooooo, what's the news?
  • Good Morning whoever is still here lol There were a few of you very close to the edge of Onederland.....anyone make it in yet?

As for me, I had a 2 lb whoosh this morning that put me at 204.50. It's hard to believe that I only have 4.75 lbs to lose before I say goodbye and move into Onederland! It's a great feeling!

Hope everyone is doing fabulous!