What about a ROLL CALL....

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Amy - That is so cool. I wish I could involved in something like that.
  • I'm Jerie, from Arizona. I have 2 grown sons (36,34) that I raised by myself (ex walked while preggers with #2 son) while working full-time in the computer industry. I also have 5 special granddaughters, ages 3 to 13. I retired a couple of yrs ago after 30 yrs on the job, and am now full time caretaker of my invalid mother (she lives in my home), and babysit the youngest grandchild 2-3 days a week. I'm almost 58, 5'4" and current weight has been bouncing around between 210 and 220 for the past year. My highest wt ever was 275 about 5 yrs ago. I'm diabetic, on insulin and am currently having a very hard time with the weight because of having to take so much insulin to keep blood glucose in control. Without changing what I eat or do, I can gain just by virtue of all the insulin I take. I too am an emotional eater and it has really gotten bad since I retired and have to deal with my mother 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. I'm getting help with that from a counselor, but it's slow work. My major problem is exercising, I think because I feel awful a lot of the time. It's a real "Catch 22", I don't exercise because I feel bad, and I feel bad because I don't exercise. I can't do it outside in the summer (the day's lows are in the 90's)....I can barely stand to go outside to get the family's business done, much less exercise. I could use some help and suggestions from you guys who are doing well with the exercise. I know if I could just get started I'd feel so much better, but it's so hard to find the motivation. Well, anyway, that's me. I don't post a lot (maybe I should), but I read everyday.
  • My name is Beverly and I have been married for 8 years and have one almost six year old daughter. I am currently working as a telemarketer (please don't hate me, it pays the bills!) raising donations for the Special Olympics.

My heaviest known weight was 320 lbs. I'm pretty sure it was more than that at some point but I stayed away from the scale back then. I'm 5'8" and weigh 170 lbs. now so I've taken off a total of 150 lbs. since last summer. I only have 20 more pounds to go and I hope to reach my goal weight of 150 lbs. by my daughter's birthday which is Sept. 2nd. That may be pushing it but we'll see what happens.

My biggest problem was always sweets and just plain eating too much! I started watching calories, carbs, and fat and limiting my portion sizes. I try to walk 30 to 45 min. every day. And I also try to rotate lifting weights and doing crunches with my pilates for dummies workout tape several times a week.

Well that's pretty much it. I've been doing this for almost a year now and I'm never looking back!!

Beverly
  • Wow Beverly that is great that you have lost so much. I had to laugh when I read don't hate me. I work for the company that sends you all your junk mail. So we have everything covered between the two of. We will bug the world one person at a time. LOL Well in my case it's millions at a time.
  • I just turned 29 last month. I'm single, dating here & there, working for a non-profit for the last almost 4 years. No kids, not sure I'll have any. I've got polycystic kidney disease, and w/that comes a 50% chance of passing it onto any children I might have, so it's something to consider. I've also got high blood pressure. Blah.

My highest weight ever was 330, that was after going off phentermine (30mg a day to no mg a day = rapid weight gain) in 1997. I'm now down to 280 & @ a freaking plateau. I weighed 288 when they put me on phentermine, got down to about 230. I looked good, should've kept up w/the exercise.

My stepsister's wedding is October 4. I'd like to lose 20-30# by then, not sure that'll happen. After the wedding, I'd like to keep losing weight, reaching goal by my next birthday.

My biggest problem is exercise. I hate organized sports & am a complete klutz. So that's the biggest thing to overcome--just getting off my butt & doing it.
  • My name is kitty mum to 12 month old boy. My heaviest weight was 235 when I was 6 months pregnant (gave up weighing after that) I ended up 205 3 weeks after birth and have lost over 50 pounds since then. Still have a little way to go and havn't lost anything for a couple of months but I'm still working on it. I buggerize around on the internet building websites and selling stuff as a part time job.
  • Howie -

My dad was an alcoholic too. I am certain that is where my addiction to food has come from. He never beat it, but we will!!!
  • We most certainly will beat it. Theres no turning back.
  • Hi All, My name is Beth Anne and I'm the "other" moderator of the 100 lb Club (although lately Sandi's been doing all the work, thanks sweetie and (((hugs))).)

I'm 26 and 5'8" tall. I started at 297 lbs in February of 2002. I currently weigh somewhere between 250-260 lbs.

I work as a Database Administrator for a company that runs drug trials. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day and usually don't have much time to move around, although I'm trying to learn to take "stress breaks" every half hour or so.

Currently I'm in the midst of a ton of stress, and I suffer from depression and anxiety problems, but I decided to re-join Weight Watchers anyway because its the only program that's ever worked for me. My 10% goal is 238 lbs. My current "big" goal will be 220 lbs - and when I make it I'm going to reward myself with a trip to motorcycle school

So great to get to know all of you!!!
  • hi guys!

i'm holly. i'm 22 years old, 5'6". i started out at 244 lbs, and i now weigh 194, making my total loss 50 lbs. i'm pretty happy about that fact, but i still feel a long way from my goal of 150 lbs.

i just graduted from college in june 03. i got a bachelor's degree in computer science. i recently moved to santa rosa, ca, and got a new job. it's an office job that doesn't really utilize my degree, but hey. the market is horrible right now.

i live with my boyfriend, david, whom i met in college and is wonderfully supportive of me, despite being perpetually skinny himself. we havea cat and a cockatiel.

anything else you want to know? ask me!
  • Relatively New
    Greetings.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm the oldest one around... I'm 52, delighted to be down from my top weight of 280. DH bought us a home gym and it's still very new, I'm still stiff, but I'm also still enthusiastic.

Like JacobsMom, I had alcoholic parents and know that's where my sugar addiction came from.... Couldn't rely on them, but the oreos and ice cream allways came through!

I was a librarian for almost 15 years, then got into therapy personally and as a profession after my first marriage evaporated.

Remarried in the millenium year!

Have lovely adult children.. one moving to Boston soon, and the other with one more year at Indiana U.

Holly, congrats on 50# goal!!
  • Hey everyone,

I guess it is my turn. I'm 30 and I live in Boston right now. I'm 6'3 and the last unofficial weigh in was 299.6 pounds. When I started I can only guestimate because I didn't have a scale. I think I was somewhere close to 440-460 pounds.

I work at a research firm affiliated with the University of Massachusetts. I came to Boston for grad school and am still technically in the PhD program in Sociology at Boston University (although pursueing the degree is on hold at the moment).
  • Hello my name is Julie and i am a carb addict.
    I am a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful boys ages 6 and almost 4. I am 5ft 6in tall and when i started weighing in again i was 333 lbs and i had lost some before that. I started my weightloss journey in january 03. I have been keeping my calories between 1200-1600 a day and really restricting all the refined carbs and starches. So far so good.
  • Hi everyone! My name is Holly, I am 31 and never married; no children, but want to be a mom someday. I work in full time music ministry in the Methodist church and started coming to 3FC about a year ago. My highest weight was around 266 (I am 5'6") and joined Weight Watchers around Saint Paddy's Day of 2003. Maybe Patrick was smiling down on me, tee hee!

I have since lost 42.4 pounds and there's no turning back. I am going all the way, wherever it may take me!

Like gonzostar, I also have a boyfriend David! He is very supportive of me in my weight loss efforts, but it's still hard for me to get used to, because I haven't had a fella in at least 8 or 9 years.

Thanks everyone for being such a fun and supportive group of folks!
  • Hi. I'm Angi. I'm 38, fat and sassy. I grew up in Sydney, Australia, lived in Japan for 3 years after college, and travel all over the world many summers on mission trips. But, in America, my favorite place to live is Oklahoma!

I married my young Stud, Dan when I was 33 and he was 24. I'm raising him well! We are adopting a son from South Korea. We expect a referral in the next couple of months. That means we will get assigned a specific child and get to see his precious little face. Then, it will take 2 or 3 months to do the legal stuff before we can go to Seoul and get him. We think that will be about October, but we would be happy if it was sooner. He'll be about 5 months old when he joins our family and we will name him Elijah.

I work part-time in the summer and full-time during the school year for a publishing company. My company is in Boston and I work out of an office in my house. It's a great gig and perfect for a mom-to-be. I'll be working part-time again when Elijah joins us.

I have fibromyalgia and the doc thinks I also have lupus but I'm not yet convinced. It doesn't matter, anyway, because the medicine for these two disorders is the same and I'm already on it. I have a lot of other health problems too that challenge me.

Oh - weight - that's what this is all about, huh. My highest weight was 228 - I started a slow weight loss process in Jan. 2002. I've been on about a hundred diets in the meantime. Today, the scales say 196, although it's not my official weigh-in yet. The South Korean adoption agency requires adoptive parents to fall within a weight chart they provide. My goal for that is 188. The agency in Oklahoma won't give us a referral until I am at this weight, confirmed by a doctor. I am close! And on the Atkins, this could happen pretty fast.

Sorry this is so long!