Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #481  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Marli YAY for 186!!!! You guys are just flying through the 180s and I haven't even arrived lol Enjoy your family reunion, sounds like a blast This year really has flown by. At my dentist appointment last week, I scheduled my next appointment for 6 months later. I was shocked when she said January!!!!

TOM is basically gone already LOL It's just spotting, really. I always get hungry and tired, so usually I let myself sleep lots and avoid eating (strangely, that works to keep me from stuffing my face).

Wannabe are you around? How are you doing?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #482  

Height: 5'7"

MarliQQ - CONGRATS on 186! Hope you'll never seen 187 again, ever ever! Good luck at your family reunion this weekend, too. I know you'll do great!

Noname - You are almost there, yourself! The year *is* really flying by. Kids are going back to school, fall decorations in the stores, but still in the 90s here every day! It doesn't start getting cool here (the South) until mid to late September. So another month for us. I don't mind, though. Being in a hot climate at 185 is much different than at 265!

I leave tomorrow for my anniversary trip. We've got three days of hiking/swimming planned, so I'm really hoping that it evens out the diner food we'll probably be eating. Fingers crossed for maintenance!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #483  
Call me NNS!

Frances, have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself!!! How many years have you been married? Don't worry about the scale, just make sure to get back here when you return The scale can wait!

Still feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in...gonna be reallllly good with my fast today. I went for a nice bike ride with my bf last night on some local trails, instead of my strength workout. But I think it was worth breaking from my schedule We don't get to do it nearly enough and it was one of the few days this month that he's not on call for work. Gotta enjoy the time with him while I can! I'll make up the workout this weekend.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #484  

Thanks! It will be our 6th anniversary. Super excited!

But ugh - so frustrated with the scale this week. I keep bouncing between 185.4 and 185.8. I was 185.6 last week. I wonder if it's in part the fact that I've barely eaten the past two days - 1000 calories on Monday (because of my dentist appt) and 1200 calories yesterday (wasn't hungry). I usually try to eat 1350 - 1450 calories a day. Maybe I'll jack up my calories today to see if I can get some sort of whoosh tomorrow. I *despise* weeks where I work really hard and don't lose any weight. But on the positive side, hopefully I'll have a big drop next week!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #485  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

I managed to still be 186, so that is nice that it is a stable number, and not just a momentary dip down. Sometimes I have these extreme "bungee moments" where I will suddenly drop down and then instantly skyrocket back up pounds and then back down later. Not good for my patience .

nonameslob Regarding TOM, I understand, but for me I need that pepsi fizz/bite and that sugar rush from a snickers bar. Your way is saner and makes sense, but during TOM I don't care if I make sense. You would think that over a decade worth of periods that I would have learned how to have it completely managed....But I swear this monster changes....
Oh!, and I love how romantic a bike ride with bf sounds! You guys are cute!
Or maybe I am romanticizing it......because if you included sweat and muddy bike paths ...

Frances123 I feel you on not getting deserved loss. I just try and comfort myself with the idea that since I can visually see changes in my body, I am doing great. And yeah you may need to mix up the calories. I am going to do that during my next recalc to see if I get some better daily average numbers on my graph....I just found out that I am trending down to like 5lbs a month . Ideally, 6 is my floor, and 8 would ensure I get to goal at my one year WL anniversary....dreams, dreams...
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #486  
Call me NNS!

Frances Bumping up the calories may work, but remember you'll also probably be eating at maintenance over the weekend so maybe just listen to your body's level of hunger for right now and see what happens after your anniversary weekend?

Marli The bike ride was much more romantic in your mind than in my reality! Oh I bet you're imagining a cute little basket on my bike packed with a bottle of wine and cheese and lovey dovey stuff....it wasn't any of that LOL Just time spent together! Often me trying to go as fast as possible to keep up with him!

Are you doing anything differently that is causing your weight loss to slow? You're now at MY pace of loss LOL! But you know what they say, it gets harder as you get closer to goal AND you have to keep reducing how much you eat as your body gets smaller! Whether or not you make your goal, you are still headed in the right direction. Don't get down about that! Do you weigh daily? The fluctuations sure are interesting, especially when you line them up with how you ate or exercised differently to see what really works. Hopefully you can get back to your awesome monthly losses!

I've decided my goal for August is 182.6. It's a STRETCH for me, but it will mean 50 pounds lost total! And that's just an exciting goal to have.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #487  
"Evolution Required"

nonameslob Okay so that was not the bike ride I had in my mind! Now you have to go plan a bike ride like that so I can be happy!

Honestly, I can say this or that is the reason for slowed weight loss, but I would be guessing. I do recalculations for calories every ten pounds so I have decreased intake over time. I haven't heard that it is suggested to do it anymore than that. But you are right I probably do need to look at my numbers from a fresh perspective and try to see if I can tell what worked...I just know that I will see a really great loss in August though, because of my action plan I have in mind. I think I will follow your example and set a goal, for August. 10lbs lost in August would be amazing!
I am taking no prisoners. I will hit 170's in August!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #488  

Dang, I would love to hit the 170s in August. I have been dreading that weight-loss slowdown, too - my lowest adult weight is 174ish, just over 10 pounds away. I'm not sure if I should change up my eating or what else I might do to. MarliQQ, if I can ask, how many calories do you eat a day? I met with a nutritionist months ago (at 220 lbs, maybe) who told me NEVER to go below 1600, with the amount of exercise I do. But I'm rarely hungry, and especially since I cut out a lot of carbs, it's a rare day indeed when I go over 1350. It's so hard to find that 'sweet spot' of not too many and not too few, you know? I think you exercise 5 days a week, right? Do you "eat" your exercise calories? They're so hard to calculate!

Noname - 50 pounds is an amazing accomplishment! I think that's a great goal! WOOOOO!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #489  
"Evolution Required"

I exercise 6 days a week and my current daily calories are set at 1626--which is just minus 20% of my TDEE. I underestimate my workout, and label myself sedentary, so it is lower than it probably should be. Now my problem comes in when I don't scale my food and just measure most of the time. This is where I believe my "little discrepancies" are adding up to big discrepancies, and causing me to lose out on pounds I could have otherwise lost....And no I do not eat back my exercise calories. I cannot in my head logically justify doing that........
I started out using this guide from MFP to understand the logic behind this method of calculating my daily calories, it was a great help in the beginning....

BMR and TDEE

Last edited by MarliQQ; 07-30-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #490  

I'm probably eating too few calories, but it's tough because: 1) I'm rarely hungry; and 2) I'm going lower-carb, which really limits what I *can* eat. I don't like veggies and fruit, so I eat them all in one carb-a-riffic shake for lunch. The rest of the day it's meat, eggs, cheese, nuts, etc. I think I'm going to try eating at least 1500 calories every day for the next week and see what that does for my loss. The website for determining calories told me to eat 1700 cals/day and the nutritionist said 1600, and here I am at 1300 - 1400. So I'll bump it up and see if it makes the scale move. Fingers crossed...
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 AM   #491  
Call me NNS!

Frances I wonder if upping your fat or other high calorie foods might help? I don't know what you eat already, but if you eat low fat food, swap for full fat. Nuts are good for that, too. Of course the downside of that is full fat foods will fill you up! But overall it might help you up the calories a bit?

Marli It is soooooo hard to accurately count calories that you eat and expend! So it's good you don't eat back the exercise calories. That's where some people end up in disaster I think.

I'm wondering if for both of you some sort of calorie cycling might be helpful. I naturally do it with 5:2 but I think there's other ways people do it without being as drastic as 5:2. But you two could also be losing inches, dunno if you measure

ANYWAY DRUMROLL PLEASE! I stepped on the scale at 3am when I woke up to use the bathroom (I swear I am like an old lady, goodness) and snuck on the scale. I was disappointed and worried that by morning after my normal routine I wouldn't be at goal.

So 7:30am rolls around.

189!!! Guys, I did it! Right on the nose! It's an actual loss of 5 pounds this month, 7.4 if you include the water weight from my maintenance break. Super excited!

Ok wannabe, it's your turn! Where are you? How's it going?

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-31-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #492  

CONGRATULATIONS, Noname!!!!! That's wonderful news! I bet you're so happy! So - are we all moving over to the 180s thread now? I haven't seen Wannabehealthy for a while so I don't know if she's still on the boards...

I eat high fat/protein and low carbs now, but I'm going out on a major limb and just eating more this week. I wish calorie cycling worked for me, but it doesn't seem to. I hope I don't have a second stalled week in a row! Off soon for my trip so I'll check in later!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #493  
Call me NNS!

I don't know, I'll send her a message. Can't hurt! Maybe she just need a gentle nudge, or she's busy

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-31-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:21 PM   #494  
"Evolution Required"

Hi, Hi Ladies!

So I am going to start with my morning victory, 185!!!!
I actually saw that sucker and made myself smile, because I deserve that long overdue number, and because I am like the most evil gremlin in the morning, so smiling for me in the morning is like light to my inner vampire....But it was a great way to end the month!!!!!
On to another, I was told by someone close to me, that I was on the verge of looking unhealthily skinny (-_-)....I mean come on people really?? So since I found that just those two words "unheathily skinny" attacked my brain so much yesterday, I have decided to put some people back into their "places". See...during my weight loss, I have been transforming some other things in my life like being a better person. Not being so judgmental, bossy, sarcastic, and just an all around *****, but I have found that most notably my family and friends are taking full advantage of that. So I will have to take the old me back out the closet temporarily for some of them, because I will not be subjected to the continuation of **** falling from their mouths.... I just cannot do it for my sanity--I don't know how some people can just let stuff roll of their backs like that. I just wasn't built like that....

nonameslob I think carb cycling sounds like a good idea, I did actually look into the concept, but I just know that for me it would never become second nature. I need simplicity, and keeping in mind one number for 8 weeks is nice and simple . Also Yes, Yes, I measure. I love to! I don't often talk about those numbers, but they can stress me out and bring happiness just like the scale . Seriously! I am a post-it girl, so two of my regularly viewable stickies are related to my weight loss. One has my lowest weight to date/current mini-goal AND the other has my measurements. So I can stare at them with contempt or pride...
And
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
So happy for your success!!! Soak it in, you will need it for the rest of the journey!!

Frances123 A calorie bump sounds good. I have done it before and it has helped, other times...not so much. It is like a 50/50 thing with me. And sometimes, they don't yield immediate results. Like a few times, I have experienced going over goal, seeing my weight go up and then back down, but further down than where I was previously. So it can shake it up that way too.

Hey you guys did you notice??? This thread is almost at 500 posts! Nice that our bunch gets to close this baby out!!!

Last edited by MarliQQ; 07-31-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #495  
Call me NNS!

Marli Congrats on 185! I think that would make anyone smile in the morning :P Some really said you were "unhealthily skinny"? Who are these people? I think people get so jealous or feel threatened, that's the only thing I can think that would make someone say that, because we all no it isn't logical. Maybe instead of having a brash reply, though, you can keep with your better persona and think of a well-thought out reply that you can give in situations like that in the future. Something that will allow you to fight back without the bite of a full-on rebuttal..."I am not an unhealthy weight and I would prefer to no longer discuss the details of my weight loss with you." "I would hope you would tell me if you were truly concerned about my health and well being, but I know for a fact that I am not unhealthily skinny at this weight. I would appreciate it if you would only make those comments if they were true."

Oh goodness, none of those sound good at all! I'm sure you will figure it out!

I attached a face comparison pic, from almost exactly one year ago. Also, you know the other before/after photos I shared? I just realized the "before" picture was from THIS FEBRUARY so there was really only like a 25lb difference, not 40 LOL I took those pictures way later than I thought! Wish I had taken a full body "before" a year ago. Oh, well

Last edited by nonameslob; 08-05-2014 at 09:01 AM.