Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #466  

Height: 5'7"

MarliQQ - Isn't it funny how we have those weird snacky times? I've been really snacky for the past couple of days too and just have added in an extra 100 calories each day.

I think it's great and really nice that your brother wants to take you shopping! Have you decided to let him?

Oh, I knew what you meant about the 'larger' thing, but it just started me thinking about the other "larger" situation - like always thinking of myself as a 'larger' person. I went back to the thrift store today and bought a bunch of smaller clothes for goal and felt like a total fraud with my cart of size 6/8/10 stuff, but then had to rationalize that I'm really not that far away!

And can I say - pike push ups - whoa! Those things are killer!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #467  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Frances123 Honey! Yes pike pushups are like a brutal attack on my muscles! I have not been doing them very long, so I am still pretty raw when it comes to completing a set.
And no I haven't made a final decision on the shopping trip yet. He has brought it up three times, but I have been kind of brushing it off, because again it feels weird letting my baby brother take me shopping.
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #468  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Frances - wow 20 pounds! That's a long time. I imagine the gap gets smaller as the weight goes down though. I love your idea of thrift shopping for smaller sizes. I need to do that...maybe next pay day. At least the next size down for now. I have nothing smaller than what I am currently wearing in my closet.

Marli - the makes more sense, the the type of workouts would be the problem. Retire them for a while and try again in 10 pounds? It's not worth the injury, that's for sure!!! The shopping trip sounds like such a nice offer, though I imagine it would be weird to shop with your brother lol I'm just imagining him sitting there idly while you go crazy picking out clothes What about a gift card to the mall (I don't know if all malls do that, but ours does and it is accepted at every store)? Would be less awkward lol Either way, so thoughtful of him and that's great that he is so excited for your weight loss.

I'm excited for getting on the scale tomorrow, that should help me get through the day (a fast day) easily...I'm expecting at least 190 something, possibly 189 based on my trends

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-24-2014 at 01:16 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #469  
Call me NNS!

Well, not 189s, but 190.4! What a tease! Lost almost a pound this week, better than the last few weeks.

Looking back at my numbers, looks like it takes me about 3 months to lose 10 pounds. So, I think I can hit my year-end goal of 179 early. At first I thought I should shoot for Halloween, but then I realized my high school reunion is Oct. 25. Sounds like a good goal to me I'm gonna set up a special ticker just for that.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-25-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #470  

Woooooo! 185 today and officially down 80 pounds! I am just so excited.

OOOhhh, noname, you are SO CLOSE. Still a great weigh in and you'll knock it out next week! I think it's a great idea to set a goal like that. My goal is goal weight by Thanksgiving, for the big social gatherings. I'm workin' hard! Oh, and thrift stores are great for goal weight stuff. I know Goodwill has .99 sales on the weekend, and my local Salv. Army has great sales too. Just check around. You can find really nice clothes for so cheap.

MarliQQ - ever give in to your brother?

Wannabehealthy - How are you doing?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #471  
Call me NNS!

They just changed the reunion to November 8th So I guess I'll keep with the Halloween goal! Thanks for the tip. I buy some stuff at Goodwill, but I think it will be seeing a lot more of me very soon.

CONGRATULATIONS on 80 pounds! That's the equivalent of a newborn giraffe! hehe
Old 07-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #472  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Question for you all. Do you feel embarrassed to tell people how much more weight you want to lose? Or do you just steer clear of conversations? I feel like there is this huge disconnect between people's perception of my weight and my own thoughts. I keep being told that I don't need to lose anymore. But I chalk it up to the fact that I look good clothed, but if they saw me naked they would change their minds? At least that is how I feel...

nonameslob H.S. reunions!!! I could not bring myself to come to any of the reunions my class has had, and they have informal gatherings outside of the reunions too. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved HS, I just feel like I am not at a point where I am ready to go . Plus I know if I go, I'll feel obligated to share contact info with people, I don't necessarily want to hook up with again. I hope you have tons of fun though.
And congratulations on 190!!!!! I love it!!! You deserve it!

Frances123 No, I have not talked to my brother in a bit, which means he met a girl that cooks . I will probably see him this weekend though more than likely.
Congratulations on 185! Proud of you!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #473  

Thanks, guys! Glad to hear that things are going well!

MarliQQ - Sometimes I feel embarrassed when people ask how much weight I've lost. When I say, "80 pounds..." they always say, "WoW!" But I feel a little ashamed, like I'm admitting to this huge weakness - "YES! At one time I couldn't control myself with food and gained 100 pounds!" - even though I've taken a lot of it off. I'd kind of like to just be the person I am now, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm sure you know that just like every person you know (mainly family members, right? ) had an opinion on how overweight you were, now they have an opinion on how trim you should be. Just ignore them and get to where YOU feel comfortable!

A NSV for me of sorts. I haven't had a picture of myself on Facebook in FOREVER - because, you know, overweight for years. Too embarrassed. But a friend sent me a funny apron yesterday and I thought it would be a good opportunity to put an updated photo on. So I put on the apron, had my husband take a picture, and posted it. Of course, I had a million critiques - upper arms still too flappy, my chest NEVER seems to shrink, an apron is kind of unflattering and doesn't really show the waistline, etc., etc., but overall, I was able to just relax and accept it, flaws and all. This is a huge step for me because I am so self-critical!
Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #474  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Today is a much needed rest day, so no working out. I am 188 today--this bouncing back an forth is annoying . I am accepting it though, because I know eventually whatever is happening will resolve itself. I just have to be patient, so I am doing just that. Plus, I did some early measuring--I usually only do it once a month--and discovered that I have done pretty good this month . I am so anxious to stop seeing 40 anywhere on my mid section. I am so close to moving out of that region that I can taste it .

Frances123 I know I should ignore the comments, but it is hard for me still...Anyway congrats on your NSV!! I love that confidence! Can we get a look-see?? Or was this like a "kinky apron moment"??? If it was, you can keep that amongst friends .
Old 07-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #475  

MarliQQ - Ugh, sorry the scale is being so fickle! Hopefully it's just water and you'll have a nice whoosh this week! Hopefully it will become easier to ignore those comments, too! I know it can't be easy. Try to just go with your gut...no pun intended!

I used to try to measure, but I can't seem to do it right. I actually tried again and entered my measurements into some equation that told me I now wear a size 20. So I did it wrong again. I can't seem to hit the right location. I think I'm strictly a 'scales' girl.

Oh, of course, nothing naughty on the apron, just silly. I will try to figure out how to edit out my face so I can post! Enjoy your work out rest!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #476  
Call me NNS!

Hi ladies! Goodness, I thought I posted a response at some point this weekend but I guess I forget to hit "submit". lol whoops! Hope you guys had a great weekend!

Marli - I've honestly not had that come up in conversation! I would probably do my best to just ignore it and turn the convo elsewhere. What a rude thing to ask and comment on :/ That's such a personal decision. I dunno, maybe they think in a way it's a compliment? That's smart of you to measure when the scale isn't moving. I hope the scale will follow suit soon!

Frances - Yay for Facebook photos! We are always our own worst critics. I'm glad you were able to look past that, but hopefully you were also able to see how far you've come. I'm the same way with measuring. I do it once a month but I'm pretty sure I've been doing it wrong this whole time haha

Maybe TMI - I don't usually get a period since I got an IUD, but last night I started getting crampy and HELLO! It's hardly anything, but enough to make me feel like crap So tired today too, we had a crazy loud storm last night that kept me up and then the cramps weren't helping. Plus my car is having trouble. Ugh! I'll be happy when Monday is over. But the good news is even though I completely overate yesterday (now I understand why I was so hungry!), the scale was kind to me. I think it's still a stretch to see 189 by the end of the month but I'm going to try!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #477  
"Evolution Required"

nonameslobI hope my scale starts to move too!! And that goes doubly for yours!!! We need some happy moments in this journey to occur right now. You know, those moments when the weight just seems to come off for no real reason, and you can't even say it's because you've been working harder than usual. Our bodies are so weird.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #478  

noname - I hope you're feeling better! I'm sure the 180s will be here very soon!

MarliQQ - any movement on the scale for you?

I think my weigh in is going to be bad this week. I had a lot of carbs this weekend - I stuck to my calories, but I'm still bloated and I know it will take a few days to work out. Also, I went to the dentist yesterday to have an old filling replaced. Too anxious to eat earlier in the day (dental phobia) and too sore to eat later in the day. Whenever I skip meals, especially multiple meals, my body just freezes up and I don't lose. I did weigh in this morning and I'm down .4 from last week, but I don't expect much more by Thursday! Then we leave for our anniversary trip - gone 4 days - and I never drink enough water when I travel, so I tend to gain or at least hold onto weight. I'm hoping to do much better on this trip - I have a plan in place - so we'll see!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #479  
Call me NNS!

Thanks guys. I am feeling SO much better this morning! I took a 2.5 hour nap yesterday, and slept a full 8 hours last night. Cramps are gone. Today will be a much better day Still gotta figure out the car, but we have an extra vehicle so it's not a huge deal.

Frances - Having a plan will certainly help! Are you bringing a water bottle with you to help you track? The most important part is that you enjoy yourself on your trip. You can get back to routine when you get home, if all else fails. Hope everything levels out and that you feel like eating today! I can understand those nerves.

Marli - how's the scale treating you this week?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #480  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!!

I got a present on my official weigh-in, I am out of 187-188 ****!!!
186 today and I'm excited, I have no idea what was going on. This is the one of the very few times in my weight loss where there is no precedence for what occurred. Trust me I looked at the numbers. I am hoping this is not a sign of more to come, the closer I get to goal....Anywho, I have made some adjustments to my general weight loss, that I will have no problem with putting into action to avoid **** in August--I don't know why 2014 feels like it is zooming by....
This weekend is my family reunion, so I hope I make some progress before I pig out. Not ing, will not be an option .

Frances123 You have been doing extremely well thus far, so I know you deserve the best on your anniversary--anything gained will die a quick death when you come back and kick butt. Just have fun, you only get one a year!

nonameslob It is in my experience that the first day of TOM is usually the worst for me, however I do remember a time when it used to be the second day, which is usually my heavy day--and my GOSH when I used to never get cramps! That would be great to go back to....our ever changing bodies!!!!
Maybe you should dust off your old TOM emergency kit , now that you know there is a possibility that cramps can happen again now? Mine consists of pepsi, a snickers bar, a hot compress, the bed, and a good movie .