Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • I was worried about loose skin, haven't noticed an issue. I have had five kids so I think I will always have the 'w shape' belly.
  • Paulitins - Kudos to your dieting prowess! It's cool you are losing at the same rate as hubby too. I bet it makes it easier for both of you to do it together. My hubby has some weight to lose too, but it's been hard for him. Mostly cause I keep giving him my 'rest ofs' when I'm full. I gotta stop doing that.

TooWicky - Nothing wrong with trying out maintenance level for a few days! But, when you are ready again, you got this!

I'm almost 50 too (wow, I can't believe that is my reality? I don't feel 47). But I'm a damn hot almost 50 and so are you! I do notice the lines in my face more now. I also have the lower tummy situation. I have resigned myself to the fact that it will always be there, but it is getting smaller. I've been using coconut oil to tighten it up and it is helping. I'm not going to do surgery either - I guess it's a nice reminder of where I was - to keep me in line down the road. :-) For the batwings on your arms - I've been lifting 5 pound weights and it is REALLY helping. It only takes a few minutes to do 30 reps or so. I do a few different types of arm lifts (curls, butterfly things where I stretch my arms and raise them up and down and another where I bring my outstretched arms together in front of me. The weights aren't that heavy and I kinda feel like a badass when I do it.

noshoes - YAY for being under 200! I think that was the most exciting milestone I've had so far since I've been losing this weight. I can relate to the W shape - we created life - I guess it's a badge of honor!

I am 188.6 today. Almost back to my ticker weight.
  • I had an inexplicably good daily weigh-in today... 188.4 lbs! My first ever peek at the 188s; I'm so excited!! I did up my fluid intake the last two days, and perhaps that helped to flush out some water weight. My daily weigh-ins have been quite volatile. I don't have any confidence I will not bounce back up, so I'm remaining in this thread until I have some stability with remaining in the 180s.

noshoes!! Big congratz to being under 200

Llilith, very impressive recovery from your weekend... yay for being so close to ticker weight, great weigh-in!!

lotsakids, I feel your foray into the 180s is imminent
  • TooWicky, Congrats!! Thats exactly what I weighed this morning - 188.4! I am determined not to get derailed this weekend. Weekends are the hardest.
  • Quote: 198 pounds and happy to under 200. Would like to get under 190 in the next month.
    Yay! Welcome to Onederland!

Quote: Paulitins - Kudos to your dieting prowess! It's cool you are losing at the same rate as hubby too. I bet it makes it easier for both of you to do it together. My hubby has some weight to lose too, but it's been hard for him. Mostly cause I keep giving him my 'rest ofs' when I'm full. I gotta stop doing that.

I am 188.6 today. Almost back to my ticker weight.
    Yeah, having my husband eating so little at a time, and not being able to eat starches and sweets definitely helps. We have tried dieting together in the past with no luck, and he fully acknowledges that my weight gain was because of his poor eating habits and because he is the one to buy snacks and sweets when we go shopping (I tend to stick to the shopping list or maybe buy one sweet to splurge). Now that that isn't an issue anymore dieting is a lot easier, so I better stick with it!

Kudos on your weight in! I checked my weight this morning just because and it was 190.0 so I'm pretty sure that on my actual weight in on Monday I'll be in the 180s. Exciting!!

Quote: I had an inexplicably good daily weigh-in today... 188.4 lbs! My first ever peek at the 188s; I'm so excited!! I did up my fluid intake the last two days, and perhaps that helped to flush out some water weight. My daily weigh-ins have been quite volatile. I don't have any confidence I will not bounce back up, so I'm remaining in this thread until I have some stability with remaining in the 180s.
    I need to do more of that. I'm a slacker when it comes to drinking water.
  • noshoes welcome to onederland!
    After much scale jumping I am 194.4 today!
    I bought some size 12/14 pants today! They are stretchy but they fit!
  • 187.2 today! finally back to my ticker weight and even a smidgen less. woohoo

Happy weekend everyone
  • Congratulations, Lilith!

I'm afraid I won't be in the 180s thread next week because I have been working out quite a bit. And I'm PMSing so I feel a major water retention in my feet, and bloating. Booh.

We shall see on Monday.
  • Still at 190.6, I'm tired today. We had an all day bible quiz league meet at our church, so I of course woke up at 4 stressing at all that needed to get done. It went perfectly (and my quiz team is undefeated!!)

I even managed to be "sweet" to the lady who complained about how far they had to drive. We've been driving to her church for the past 5 years!! Ah well, spose she thinks its a shorter drive the opposite way!
  • Hey yoooo!! I checked my weight this morning and it was 189.0. Still wished it were "188.something" tomorrow, which my official weight in day, but we will see. It's barely 1.8 lbs since last Monday; I have been eating way too many fats and calories this week and that might be a little bit of the problem, plus PMSing, plus working out a bit and probably gaining a bit of muscle mass... you know how it goes. Booh.

But...

• scarletmeshell - 12/14!! YAY! I'm happy for you about your 194.4 too.

Paulitens - what better reason that working out? go YOU! Muscle is good! Darn PMS though… grrrr. LOL again at the "it's something". That makes me smile whenever I see it now.

lotsakids - I see your pic!!! You are beautiful. Next time, make that lady walk haha.

I bounced back into the 188's yesterday, but I think it's just water. I hope to see 187 or lower during my real weight day tomorrow. Over the weekend I went to old navy and tried on about 25 pairs of jeans. Turns out I am a size 16. I ended up getting a pair of skinny diva and skinny rockstar jeans!! They had a sale for $15 jeans the the girls there were so nice! I walked in like a deer in the headlights lol. I told them I hadn't tried on jeans in about 15 years and that I'd lost 75 pounds. Boy were they excited - and so was I!! I've only worn stretchy leggings for years. It felt great to rock those jeans Saturday night!!

Happy Tuesday everyone - we are one day closer to the weekend.

I feel like I should be moving to the 180 thread, and so I think I'll peek in there too. But I still want to hang with my girls, so I'm not totally leaving this thread!
  • awesome Paulitens!! I have gone up and down so much in the past 2 weeks I feel like a carousel horse!! Going back and looking a before pictures is helping me to see how far I've come.

In May of last year I was in pain, short of breath, had just been diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. I was sad and miserable. I could hardly get up and down the stairs in my house and I had no hope of feeling better.

Today-

I've lost 80 pounds
    I can walk 5 or more miles
    I am in control of what goes into my mouth
    I am not in pain!
    My kids are making better food choices and working out more, because they see me working harder.
    I am mentally much happier.
    I need smaller clothes because even my smaller clothes are getting too big!

Make your own list!! It is amazing how much you realize what you've gained by getting sane with your eating!!
  • Whoo hooo!! Llilith!!!!! rockin' the jeans!! I thought it was bout' time I put a picture up. I haven't figured out the whole before and after thing....

computer challenged.
  • Great idea lotsakids, gonna work on my list later!

So, I weighed in today at 187.6!! I was hoping to be under 189 so to have skipped 188 completely was a shock!! I have been drinking so much water this weekend though so that could have helped - normally I slack a bit at the weekend as I don't have my own routine but I have a real sore throat and feel thirsty all the time.

I think I hung around the 200s thread too long so I'm going to go and check out the 180s thread, I think it's more motivating for me to see people moving down and trying to catch up with them.

Well done everyone and hope to see y'all soon!!
  • see you soon I hope jennybutler!!