Old 02-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

194.4 this morning. I drank a gallon of water yesterday.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #92  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Yesterday was my weight in and I'm down to 193.4. I only lost 3-ish lbs. But I'm still losing!

I was hoping I was going to lose 4 like I had in the previous weeks. I'm hoping I'm not plateauing because I'm not emotionally ready for it (when are we, really?). And hopefully next weight in on Monday I'll be at 190 or lower.

I'm loving this!

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #93  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I had a horrid weigh-in on Monday. By horrid I mean I gained 1 lbs from last week. Gaining one pound isn't really horrible, but this is my first gain since I started dieting last March/April!! Not day-to-day gain, but a gain as far as weekly weigh-ins go. I earned this gain by overeating some every day : / I am so burnt out of dieting. I keep telling everyone how tired I am of eating at a calorie deficit. Honestly, I'm whining. I'm coming up on a year of ballz out dieting, but that's the price to pay when you have a considerable amount of weight to lose, and you want to lose it at a safe rate. You have to diet for SO LONG ugh. Mustering up will power and fortitude to reach one's goals is hard work. I have been lazy for, like, over two weeks, and I am not proud of myself! Reading everyone's updates the last few days is really helping me to refocus - thank you!!

On a more uplifting note, I went out shopping today. NSV - I FIT INTO SIZE 14 JEANS. Of course, it was dependent on the brand and style, but in a few of them, I definitely fit into size 14 jeans. I treated myself to a new pair.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi all

I have been a bit out of things thanks to a work trip, and I also know I am in totally the wrong thread, but it is you lot who give me the support I find so helpful!

TooWicky, don't you give in now girl! Yes, it's been a long, long year and dull as anything on a calorie deficit but those jeans make it worth it. Let this 1lb be a warning to you It won't happen again! Its not worth it! But I so know what you mean.......

I am now within the last 5kgs to target - still 'overweight' then by BMI but I think that'll be a good weight for me. But the pace has slowed considerably and I am struggling to know how many calories to eat when I do not exercise - like when I was away.

However, some NSV's: bought a jacket in sale, 70% off. Size 14 (UK I think). I also told a couple of people on the course I went on I was on a diet and got a definite 'why do you need to diet look?' and then I told them I had lost a shed load of weight and they nearly fell over. I also managed to go for a run, on road, for 2km. It's too icy to run outside here now, so I took the opportunity when it arose on the trip to a slightly warmer area!

Today is 15 years since I last had an alcoholic drink (my 'AA birthday') and I am very grateful for that. I would just so love, in 15 years time, to say i have a 'maintenance birthday' And also, to have you guys there too. We CAN do this, if we want
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #95  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

TooWicky - it is amazing that you haven't experienced one gain in almost a year of working to lose weight. GO YOU. Kick that 1 pound's *** this week! I know you will. I bet those size 14 jeans feel great!

CrazyCatWoman. Happy sober anniversary to you - that is an amazing accomplishment! It's so cool that you were able to go for a run too. Awesome that you got the why do you need to diet look! That must have been such a new and strange feeling. I can't wait for it myself!

You two are inspiring, so close to your goals and just doing so great!

My rate of loss has slowed and I know I won't hit my goal of 185 by my bday - at this rate, I might not hit my goal of 180 by 3/15. I think I need to adjust my expectations a little bit since my rate of loss has slowed. And, I need to get a little more careful I guess - putting exercise in the mix has changed things a bit for me. I wonder if I'm retaining some water again since I've been doing the planks. It's a pretty new exercise for me and I wonder if different areas are hanging on to water. I remember that happening when I was sore from the squat challenge. I think sore muscles hold water. I dunno, maybe I just need to work harder and eat better. It's always that simple, really - just sometimes hard to get myself there. 189.9 this morning.

Last edited by Llilith; 02-19-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Hey everyone!!

Had a mini family vacay this weekend so I am just getting caught up with myself now, still have so much washing and ironing to do though, feeling a little stressed but I still want to make time for myself and exercise etc.

TooWicky and Llilith, your posts about friends and others avoiding you or getting uncomfortable about your losses were really interesting. I’ve also noticed it a little too, as where I am a lot of the people in my area are obese and now I’m getting smaller than them and sometimes I get the impression they want to ask me about it but avoid the subject and more recently I’ve been suspicious it’s a case of avoiding me. My friends are generally healthy weights but a couple do seem like they’re suspicious of how I’m losing weight as I inch closer to what might be considered ‘normal’, but I guess I have done a complete 180 with my lifestyle as far as exercise and attitude goes so I guess it’s all new for them. My children are young enough that they just like that mommy can play more so I guess I’m glad I don’t have to worry about their perception of beauty and weight yet, but I do worry about how to handle it with my daughter who’s 3, I think your attitude is great TooWicky so I’ll be plagiarizing you in future, just to warn you!

Paulitens, hope you feel better soon!! Well done on your ordering strategies and candy free road trip – you’re a stronger woman than me!! But 3lbs in a week is great, I don’t often lose that much now I’m getting closer to my goal.

TooWicky, great NSV on the jeans – size 14 wow!! I know it’s hard to see it as when we’re losing weight it’s all about the scale but I read something the other day from the other side which made me think - imagine you’re your ideal weight and size, which would upset you more, to find your clothes tighter than usual or to have gained a pound? Tight clothes right? Weight’s a good measure and probably the best we have but it’s also pretty arbitrary when it comes to feeling and being healthy, so wear the jeans with pride, you’ve earned them!!

Llilith, I have heard that too about sore muscles retaining water, so you could be expecting a whoosh soon if the aching stops – or maybe ask DH to massage where it hurts?!

CrazyCatWoman - well done on your 15 year anniversary! And the 'why are you dieting look?' and making people almost fall over - lol!! Well done, you're doing so great!!

So, weighed in as usual on Monday although it was not my usual scale and I was the same as Friday but I did loosen up a little during the weekend and being away meant I couldn't have my usual routine so I'm actually pretty happy to have maintained. When I got back yesterday my scales said I was 190.3 but I think I'll leave that 0.2 loss for next week.

Ok, so this pile of ironing won't do itself, and then to the gym for a class!

Last edited by jennybutler357; 02-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #97  

Well, down to 191 this morning. I am not expecting it to stick around but it was nice to see it was possible again LOL.
Llilith - I've seen my weight slow down, stop, gain a little. In the past that would have been the stopping point for me and I would go on the oh well I'm going to be fat (non)diet. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see results. This past month has been a roller coaster for me, but the improvement in my health over the past year is enough to keep me going.

This week I went to a going away party for a friend from our old church and so there were a lot of people I haven't seen since October. I was called skinny more than once (I'm not even out of the obese category) it was a real morale booster.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #98  
apple to apple core

Great job on losses/relosses lotsakids, jennybutler357! CrazyCatWoman, so good to hear from you, and wow, gratz on your nsvs and your weight/personal achievements Llilith, I remain blown away by your new exercise life.

It's been a very busy week irl, but I wanted to stop by and give thanks for the encouragement with my recent struggles. Update: Out of the last 4 days, I have had 2 days where I stayed within calories, 1 day when I went about 100 calories over, and 1 day when I went a lot of calories over. My really awful calorie day was a 2000 cal day by my estimate. So, more good days than bad days when it comes to calorie counting - a slight improvement. Also, I have been seeing 189 point something on the scale every morning instead of 190 point something - a teeny bit better than my Monday weigh-in. So ultimately my discipline is trending slightly better than the last couple of weeks, but still nothing to write home about. I am going to keep trying to get back on track

NSV - had a simple but fun family day yesterday. Walked all over the place back and forth and here and yonder at some facility where my daughter attended a clarinet solo festival. Then we went to a mall that was nearby (I haven't shopped at the mall in years) and walked and walked and walked for a couple of hours. I wasn't even tired!

random: while at the above-mentioned mall, I had to show my driver's license to the young man who was the cashier at Hot Topic (absolutely hilarious that I was in there, by the way, I was easily twice the age of the oldest person in there, but my 11-year old HAD TO HAVE this particular Adventure Time T-shirt.) My driver's license pic is from last year and I look really different. He stared at it and I mentioned I had lost 85 lbs. He was very excited and pulled his own driver's license out. He had lost 80 lbs!!! He said he counted calories somewhat and had lost his weight doing the Insanity workout thing. He said he would like to lose another 40 lbs. He looked so handsome and I know I sound like a total MOM, but I was so proud of this young man tackling morbid obesity at a young age.

future NSVs - like others in the thread have mentioned, I am looking forward to buying a new bathing suit this year!! My last year's suit was a size 26 swim dress. I am sparing no expense (well, within reason) and no research, so I have already started looking online. I need a bathing suit top that has a built-in, real, sized brassiere for support. I was so happy to see that these exist!! I am going to start ordering them now, because I anticipate a lot of trying on and returning and reordering. If anyone has any websites they'd recommend, let me know.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello all,

i don't know what's going on with my weight, but I like it! it has been dropping more again.

Lilith - exercise is really confusing sometimes. My weight leveled last month a bit and I think it was muscle stuff. Looking at photos, I was definitely redistributing volume and building muscle in some areas. Now I am losing weight again, and also a bit unclear on how many calories to eat so I am sticking around 1200. Have faith that keeping on exercising will lead to a drop!

Lotsakids, skinny comments are so awesome and reassuring. They pave the way to keep on going - even if I am still overweight!

Jennybutler maintaining when away from routine is my hope too - I have a friend visiting from the UK for a week soon, and I am really hoping to 'behave' with calories.

TooWicky keep at it! I love the photo story. And isn't it wonderful comparing notes with people ? Not sure I would have the energy to walk round a mall for hours - give me a treadmill for 20 minutes instead

So, I finally cleared the wardrobe. My cats now have loads of new blankies from old jumpers, and the local Red Cross will get two huge sacks donated. All I can give to friends, I will. So many people have told me to get rid of the old stuff or I'll be tempted to grow back into it, that I think I better take their advice. I have kept a couple of things for sentimental reasons,and my worst clothes so I can do the 'OMG I used to wear that sack' routine. But yes, it feels weird to cut this umbilical cord to all my saggy baggy stuff.

Have a good week all.
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Great job everyone!
I have had a terrible week. I am scared to weigh tomorrow. My son died in August and to be honest this last week I didn't care about loosing. Sadly I cared about eating. Tomorrow I hope to do better. I didn't do my homework either so I hope to get back to peddaling around ancient Roma.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #101  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I have been weighing myself throughout the week and I don't think I'll make it down to 190 as I was hoping at the beginning of the week.

However... even if I'm a little bit lighter than 193.4 which was my weight last Monday, I will have made a little bit of progress! Sometimes I focus so much on my next goal and what I hope it will be that I ignore the ounces, and the 1 lb I might have lost and feel disappointed.

We'll see tomorrow, but in any case, here's to hoping I'll make it down to 190 and if not, that I'll love myself anyway for my progress as little as it might be.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #102  
apple to apple core

Good luck to anyone with weigh-ins this morning , and also a virtual hug to scarletmeshell for the tough week you have had . I believe Llilith has had a birthday if I'm reading your posts/siggy right - I hope you had a blast !

I *just* had my official weigh-in 5 minutes ago. Last week (190.4 lbs) I had my first ever gain in over ten months of official weigh-ins as I pretty much fell off of the diet wagon. Thanks to encouragement I received here, I made a better attempt this past week and it paid off. I weighed in at 189.0 which happens to be my lowest weigh-in ever by a couple of tenths! I am really thrilled. I do not feel confident that I am back in dieting control, but I do feel as if I'm making a better effort. I hope to improve on that this upcoming week.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for the hug TooWicky! I felt it! I am feeling much better today.
Sadly my wiegh in was 200.4! damn! I am behind in my goals.

Paulitens I kn ow what you mean. I met my Valentines goal challenge and got a bit obsessed with goal and timline. I need to keep reminding myself that any loss is good.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #104  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

I feel like I'm signing in for confession here. I had the worst three days since I've started this healthier me journey. I think it was related to my knowing I wouldn't meet the goal I set for myself by my Bday and then I had a really shitty day at work on Friday. And I let all of that get to me. I was literally 1000 calories over on Fri, Sat, and Sun. Each day! I didn't weigh myself today because I am scared LOL.

I did, however, do my exercises every single day - and I even took my bike out for a ride on Sunday. I just had no self control with bday celebration dinners out and various treats that appeared before me. I am proud that I did track every calorie though, I just didn't care what they added up to.

Back on track today, though. Bless me weight loss friends, for I have sinned.

Oh, I almost forgot to add - I did have a NSV. When I got dressed to go out on Saturday, my top and leggings were a size large. LARGE, not XL or XXL. That was pretty awesome. I kinda look squeezed into this, but here's a picture of the outfit I wore.

Last edited by Llilith; 02-24-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #105  

scarletmeshell - I hope you feel better today. You have come too far to give up- sending hugs.
llileth - look at you!!! lovely- good job!
too wicky - whoo hooo!!!!!

I am up this morning, 193.8 not unexpected. I was pretty carby (for me) over the weekend and did not drink enough water at all which meant once again I was stopped up. Hope to see some improvement tomorrow.