Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #451  

Height: 5'7"

Lookin' good, MarliQQ! I love progress pics!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #452  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

I need to get back on track from yesterday --granted it was a rest day, but I always manage to eat more on those days, banana pudding and ice cream . I couldn't resist .
Anywho, I find myself still irked today by someone from yesterday. This person had not seen me since before weight loss, so was surprised by the new me. They at first asked the typical questions I get, and I gave short generic answers as usual, because as I am sure you are all aware, people say dumb ****. Well this dummy proceeded to give me advice on what to eat, how to eat, and why they never got fat, etc. etc. ...Thank God I was in my grandmother's house, because if I wasn't, I would have said everything under the sun that came to mind. Honestly at this point, I would rather people not comment on my weight loss at all, even if it is to give a compliment. I mean compliments are great, but I am so over it now .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #453  

Hey, MarliQQ! What those people said - ugh, that's so tacky. But PROBABLY, in their minds, they were trying to be nice/do you a favor by letting you know what worked for them. OR, they were trying to be annoying/self righteous, in which case they aren't worth worrying about! I feel kind of weird about compliments too. I like them, but...I don't know.

Ready to start off a new week after a sluggish weekend! I was craving sugar, but I just had a little extra Greek yogurt and raw honey. I also had Moe's, though. I don't mind - I found a way to make it work in my meal plan. Hopefully I see a better drop on the scale this week.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #454  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Marli - thanks for sharing your progress pics too! You look great!!! I'm sorry you had such a terrible interaction with someone about weight loss. Those kinds of people crack me up. Why would you need advice when you've obviously found something that works? LOL Some people just need validation. I bet you sparked some jealousy!

Frances - Here's to a good week!

I went camping at the beach this weekend. I was SO excited to wear my new bathing suit, but then it ended up being so cold, I didn't take my cover up off the whole time and we didn't go in the water. But I had a great time. My eating was mostly under control for a week, and we rode the bikes around the campground a lot. It was fun and not too over-indulgent

I saw another new low Friday afternoon. I don't "count" mid-day weigh-ins, but I just like seeing them. I was at 190.6, so I'm feeling pretty confident about this week. I should be able to get solidly into the 190s, unless my body decides to finally have a woosh. Come on 180s!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #455  

Noname - hooray for camping! At least you had your bathing suit ready - hopefully you'll get to use it soon! That's great about the weigh-in, too. You're almost there!!

I had an 'unofficial' weigh in at 187 flat this a.m. Down .4 from Friday. As long as the scale keeps moving, I'm fine, and aiming for 186 this Friday! I'm so afraid of hitting a plateau soon. My bag of tricks for breaking one is totally empty. I cannot exercise more, or eat less, or eat healthier. I am at my max in every department! I don't know why I'm so paranoid that my progress is going to just stop. Do you guys ever feel that way? Being in the 170s and below is a total comfort zone for me, so if I can just make it to the 170s before I 'stop', I'll be okay. Just pushing through the last 7 pounds to get there!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #456  
"Evolution Required"

Thank you guys for the kind words...honestly, I think I am just being touchy. You know how it is when your own insecurity can cause you to be sensitive about things people do or say. I really truly feel that I am in this weird stage, kinda like puberty all over again, and I just need to grow into my "features". I think it wasn't even his comments that ticked me off so much, just my own collective thoughts about my weight loss and comments other people have been making that is creating this huge confidence sucking monster. On one hand I love my progress, but on the other I find myself being more critical of my body than I would like.....Ugh! Done
Old 07-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #457  
Call me NNS!

Frances have you hit a serious plateau yet? I think it's an understandable concern, but try to wipe it from your mind. No use worrying about it until it happens! If it does happen, that's probably a good time to take another maintenance break. I honestly don't fear a plateau. I haven't really had one. Hopefully I don't jinx myself

Marli I totally relate to that. We spend so much time thinking about our bodies and our weight on this journey. It's only natural to become critics of ourselves. But you're aware of it! We need to work just as hard on the mental part of this as the physical...sometimes I think the mental part is the hardest.

Do you ever think, Can't I just magically be at my goal weight NOW?! Ugh! It's taking forever! I know I could do it quicker if I really wanted, but I would be miserable and the whole point of me following this plan is slow, steady, and maintainable. But then I get upset that I'm not skinny yet LOL I think that once I get to my adult low, I'll be pretty happy because everything after that will be new territory. But hopefully that doesn't cause me to get slack.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-22-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #458  

MarliQQ - I know what you mean! On this journey we're constantly in motion and it's so hard to adjust to "now". I do the same thing. Here I am almost 80 pounds down from my starting weight and I am still glaring at my stomach and thinking, "WHY AREN"T YOU FLATTER?!?!?" instead of being happy with my progress. That's just human, I think! I'm going to try the annoying but supposedly helpful trick of charting down my body "pros" to help put things in perspective. Maybe that would help you too? And are you back on track with other things now?

Noname - I've hit many plateaus, but truthfully not in a while (although it took me from February to MAY to lose the last 5 pounds to hit ONEDERLAND). It's almost like I can't believe that I'm so close, and that any moment things are going to just 'stop' and I'll not quite make it. I know I'm just being paranoid. You're so right about just being at goal now. I think, "If I was just there, I could totally maintain from here on out!" What is your adult low? Mine is 173/174 ish and I will do hundreds of (figurative!) cartwheels when I hit it. That's why I'm so anxious not to plateau to close to it!

An NSV for me today. I'm down to 186 (that's the "SV"). I went thrift store shopping yesterday - big sale - got some goal size clothes (size 8/10). I pulled out my size 8/10 box (wardrobe in each size thanks to years of thrift store shopping!) and, out of curiosity, tried some things on. I was able to comfortably wear THREE PAIRS of size 10 jeans and TWO PAIRS of size 10 dressy pants! Of course, some couldn't be pulled up at all, but I'm looking at the positive. I've specifically focused on "leaning out/toning" workouts for the past 2 years, ESPECIALLY the past 6 months, so I know that's really helped me fit into smaller sizes at a higher weight. But I'm pretty much ecstatic that any 10s fit!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #459  
Call me NNS!

Frances WOOHOO! That's an awesome NSV and SV!

I *think* my adult low is somewhere in the mid-180s (so 179 for sure will not only be my goal for the year, but a definite adult low!). I know my lowest size as an adult has been a 14. I wore some 12s in high school but I don't think that counts as adult lol I'm partially in 14s now, but mostly of brands that vanity size. I bought a few things on eBay recently (Ann Taylor - I've never owned anything from there before!) that I'm looking forward to eventually wearing. I can't wait to buy my first size 12...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #460  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

I am still 187 . But it's cool--not because the number hasn't changed--but because looking at these numbers, I am pretty sure I will be seeing 185 by next official weigh-in. So that is pretty exciting, because that was last month's goal . I hope to get into lower 180's by the end of this month, but that is just wishful thinking. I am not that lucky. The most I see myself achieving by the end of this month is a bounce between 184-185. Plus, if next month I do half as well as this month, I will see 170's--trying to keep my mind on positives like that. I am so happy I keep a pretty accurate record of my weight loss, because those numbers and notes are my only inspiration, motivation, and comfort some days.....

Anywho, out of curiosity, how many exercise related "injuries" have you all been experiencing--if any? I am currently dealing with a wrist that is raw from--what--I don't know?? It could be a few different workouts. A few weeks ago it was my forearm, I remember what caused that though . Then my knees were an issue for a while before that--etc., ect. I just kind of want to compare, and see what's normal for us larger girls when exercising.

nonameslob I understand that, because I know I could shed pounds right now, pretty quickly, but I would feel like I am cheating?? I just want to do this right and not have too much to fix at maintenance. That girl at maintenance would love me so much more if I consider her now.

Frances123 That sounds like a good idea, I should put some thoughts on paper . I like the way you worded that, I am almost never in the now, and knowing me, I never will be...
And Congrats on 186!!! I bet those 10's felt good, you are almost a single digit skinny girl!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hey Marli, where can I find the progress pics everyone is talking about??? I don't see them, and I want to see the progress in your mid-section that someone mentioned. That is my worst area due to abdominal surgery. If I just lost my belly I would be eternally happy! I recently bought a pair of capris with a zipper off a clearance rack and I can actually zip them up now without lying down on the bed. LOL Most of my clothes are elastic waist right now. How I HATE elastic waist pants. They just shout FAT!

I dropped another pound down to 195. You guys are all heading for or already in the 180s and I don't want to be left behind. My eating hasn't been really that bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement. It's the calories that sneak in when you're not paying attention that do all the damage. I am aiming for 194 by the weekend.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #462  
"Evolution Required"

They should be there again now .
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #463  
Call me NNS!

Wannabe I can put mine back up if you want, but it sounds like it was just Marli's you wanted to see. Not much obvious tummy progress in mine :P Yay for 195!!!! I am sure the tummy will melt away over time. If only we could choose where we lost the fat and when...(can't I just transfer some thigh fat to my boobs, please?)

Marli I read your post last night and thought, "Well, I haven't really had any injuries." And then I went to the gym. Slightly pulled something in my thigh doing leg presses, but it's not as bad today as I thought it would be. TBH the most I've had is some soreness from working myself too hard, usually from hiking. Maybe you're just pushing yourself too hard?

Frances I must say I am jealous you're in 10s! Even though I know you are 6+ pounds ahead of me AND two inches taller lol

Do you guys know about how many pounds you tend to lose between sizes? I think I've noticed it's about 10 pounds for me, so of course I started doing the math last night. So if I'm correct, I should be solidly in size 14s in the 180s (I'm just barely in them now) and then size 12s when I hit the 170s. So, size 8 by "goal" weight of 150? I've been rethinking that goal a lot lately. I think once I get there, I'll probably do some hardcore strength training, and then see how I feel, but I think I'll actually end up wanting to be in the 130-140 range.

191.6 this morning, after my first fast of the week. Feeling really good about seeing the 180s by Friday!

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-23-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #464  

Wannabehealthy - HOORAY for your drop! So glad you're sticking with it, even with your plateau! They are such a pain, I know.

MarliQQ - Oh, injuries, where do I start? When I first started working out again at 250-something after some time away for a leg injury, I developed plantar fasciitis. Which I had for almost TWO YEARS. Now, I always have something - a sore knee from step class, a crick in my back from skipping yoga, achy abs/obliques from TRX, and always sore shoulders and even neck muscles from planks and the suspension ropes! But truly, I love the pain and aches. They tell me that I'm working hard. As I tell my husband, "If I'm not sore, I'm not working hard enough." It's funny, I was thinking about what you wrote about us being larger girls...and I totally understand what you meant...but I'm coming to a place where I don't really see myself that way any more! My doctor told me that 165 is the perfect weight for me, so I'm really just 20 pounds over 'normal'. I wear a 'normal' size and I can do anything anyone else can - and sometimes more - in my exercise classes. I'm struggling with the fact that I'm no longer really fat...is that weird? That in 20 pounds I won't even be overweight, according to my doctor! It's just kind of hard to wrap my head around!

Noname - Because my weight is totally equally distributed over my body, it takes me about 20 pounds to really go down a size. I wouldn't say that I'm in 10s, definitely...solid 12. Just a few 10s. But it makes me feel good, and I'm also thinking about reevaluating my final weight/size (155 - 160, size 8?). Hard to know what we'll look like/be wearing until we get there, though! That's great news about your fast (that sounds so hard!!) - come on, 180s!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #465  
"Evolution Required"

Hi, Hi Ladies!

So I'm still bouncing 1lb up 1lb down. But it is my fault, I have not been a good girl. I was so snacky yesterday....I get like this sometimes and the numbers kind of keep communicating to me that they want to drop a 1lb or two I just have to be a good girl .
Anywho, let me talk about something that made me laugh. My brother wants to take me clothes shopping! I think I might let him, and take my ego out of it, because a large part of me wants to be like "I can take my own damn self shopping"! However, I kind of think this is one of those things that is beyond that actual gift itself, if that makes any sense. I don't know....but he is now like all in to my weight loss now, and is like he wants to treat me .
This boy has never ever successfully gotten me a gift I have ever liked, so the fact that he thought of this, is a great gift in itself. I still remember his very first gift to me, which was a Christmas gift, a very long pink beaded necklace of some sort that could more than fit around the necks of me and my two sisters at the same time! I know--because we tried it . He had to be like 6 at the time, and I remember him being so proud of himself!
So yeah, I may just let him...although, I have never been shopping for clothes with my brother--ever! I mean, what girl does?? He would definitely have to go sit his *** on a bench somewhere and just give me his cc, I don't think we could do it any other way....

nonameslob I don't think I am pushing myself too hard. I think I just
may need to shelve some workouts, because I am not sure if I know fully what the line is between good and bad pain , if that makes any sense...
I too had this question, so I am not entirely sure, I gave up wondering because I began to notice a while ago, that too many factors affect size drops. So I am left guessing that by 150lbs, I may be a size 6?

Frances123 I know what you mean about being able to do as much as others can . I was just referring to there being more of us to support and move around. I often think that certain workouts I do would be much easier and less of strain, if there was less of me to move around??
Like I narrowed my recent wrist issues down to either single arm left/right side pushups or the pike pushups, and I can't help but think my wrist wouldn't be having any issues if I was smaller --or maybe I will always have the issues...I dunno, I feel the same way about duck walks and my knees.

Last edited by MarliQQ; 07-23-2014 at 01:52 PM.