Old 02-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!!

Lotsakids - love the idea of 1000 miles over the year, you're doing great to have passed the 100 mark already, especially with snow storms outside - I'm sure you'll hit your target easily - good luck!!

Thanks scarletmeshell for saying I inspired you, that is very touching!! Your course and cycling tour of Rome sounds great - getting your mind and body in shape at the same time - I love it!!! I may have let y'all down as I didn't go to the gym on Saturday, although yesterday I did, but I did also start a new challenge as well as not drinking coffee - inspired by Llilith's hundreds of squats I decided to do 50 on Saturday and add 5 extra each day so by the end of the month I'll be doing about 180 I think - yikes!!

Hi HuggerBunny - doing great!! And it's interesting to read about your mom, I had the same thing happen with a friend when I was younger and I wondered at the time if it was jealousy and I felt bad for it but I guess it was a little of both. Anyways, I'm glad to hear she's kept the weight off long term - I like hearing success stories like that, it gives me a lot of hope that it's possible!

TooWicky - I love your costume and your act sounds amazing!!

Down a pound today from Friday!! Starting my 'February Weight Challenge' today - I'm aiming for a 7 pound loss from Friday's 194 which will take me into the 180s - argghhh! I can't believe I'm writing these numbers!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #32  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Congratz scarletmeshell , CrazyCatWoman, HuggerBunny, and jennybutler357 on your recent weight loss

lotsakids, hang in there, that gain sounds definitely like water retention so give it a few days to clear out. It always takes me 2 to 3 days of straight mega water consumption to clear out water retention. Chinese food is the usual culprit with me.

HuggerBunny, people started to notice I had lost weight at 25 lbs. Really close friends maybe a bit sooner than that. I predict you will start to get a whole lot of comments in the next 10 lbs! I'm trying to think back... I think people were not really noticing I had lost weight because, well, I know this sounds wacko, but I expected to lose weight in my stomach first because it was the biggest part of me (I was/am apple shaped.) But instead, I lost it all over equally. I was the same shape and proportion, just slightly smaller all over. Most people just saw that I was the same overall shape and didn't notice I had lost weight early on. At 25 lbs. lost, my shape finally started to change a little (less in the middle proportionally speaking.) After that, everyone started to notice!

My weekly weigh-in was this morning (190 lbs,) and I was ½ lbs up from the lowest weight I saw during the week (the infamous 189½ lbs.) However, I was ½ lbs down from last week's Monday weigh-in (190½ lbs.) So barely a loss, but still an "official" loss - I'm not complaining.

Last edited by TooWicky; 02-04-2014 at 12:58 AM.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

196.6 this morning. I am pretty happy about this. I have been eating a few more calories and I think that is a good thing.
Jenny, you didn't let us down! You are allowed to skip a day.
HuggerBunny, that is interesting what you said about your mom. I never really thought about how it could take some time to get used to someone that is smaller.
TooWicky, what does Madame Zorga say about our future?
I'm off to pedal around ancient Rome!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi All

HuggerBunny - hi there - really interesting what you write. It immediately reminded me of my own experience, 30 years ago when my mother became critically ill and lost a dramatic amount of weight in the space of two weeks. That had a big impact on me, and I now realise that I associated weightloss with illness. It has taken me years to work that one out, and I guess I just so wanted the larger, healthier version of her back I hung onto the association. She did recover, and regained a good amount of weight.

Also, I have had a friend say to me that she is having to get to know the new visual image of me. I am a teacher and have always had a physically large presence in the classroom. And even though my voice is the same, I look so different, people have had to get used to the new me. To hear that was bizarre. To me I am just me, but also I have no concept of what size I am -in my head or in reality!

Scarletmeshell -I love the tour of Roma by stationary bike. I wish I could go somewhere like that on the treadmill!

And yes, MadameZorga, please tell us about our collective futures!
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

ack!! up another pound. I am not over eating and I am working out. I um... well am kind of stopped up so that may be the problem.

I measured today and have lost 7 inches since last month so I will be patient and drink water.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #36  
Began on 10/25/13

The one thing I can say in regards to my mom's weight loss is that I'm definitely not jealous I'm quite happy for her, it's just kind of hard I guess when someone looks so different. She looked so... soft and cozy before, for lack of a better description. One thing I have been thinking about the past couple of days is how it's a shame that I've always thought my mom was beautiful (in the past and now), but she's made it abundantly clear ever since I was about 11 that she's displeased with my looks and/or weight. Even as a skinny teen, she'd say I looked disgusting if my clothes were too tight in her opinion (mind you, I'm quite modest and have never worn tight or revealing clothing). It seems sad that a daughter can think her mother is beautiful and love how she looks no matter what, but the mother can't think the same thing about her daughter. Part of it may be that we look VERY similar- there's no doubt that we're mother and daughter. She has a very bad body image and thinks she's ugly, sooo...

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts, everyone Sorry if I brought the thread down. CrazyCatWoman, it's interesting, isn't it? I'm in my late 20s and have been overweight for about 7 years of my life. I know I'm fat, but I still feel like I always did. Many of the people in my life are people I've met since I gained weight, so of course they've only seen me as a large girl. It's so odd. I can now tighten my belt by several more notches, but of course it doesn't feel any tighter than it did when I wore it a few months ago!

What you (CrazyCatWoman) wrote about your mom is interesting, I think it's a matter of perspective. My father-in-law is overweight and we see him and my mother-in-law 3 or so times a year. Around this time last year, we saw them. My father-in-law had lost weight because he was under stress at work and was at a healthy weight for the first time since I've known him. He probably lost about 30 pounds in a few months (he wasn't obese to start with). My husband and I actually thought he looked great, but my mother-in-law was absolutely losing her mind over it and constantly trying to shovel as much high calorie, high fat food down his throat as possible because she thought he was wasting away. Of course losing weight from stress isn't so good, but it would have been best for his health if he'd kept it off. When the work stress went away, he gained the weight back and looked the same as he always had about 3 months later.

TooWicks, you're probably right about how the fat is being lost. I'll bet it is from all around my body, so it doesn't look as dramatic. I've lost almost 30 pounds, it has to have come off somewhere, you'd think it would be noticeable by now! I will report back if I start getting any comments Really, I'm losing weight first of all for health reasons, second because I want to have a baby, and in a very distant third because I'd like to be thinner from an aesthetic point of view. Not really too bothered by it, but it will be a nice side effect.

Anyway, loving this thread! Lotsakids, I'll bet that weight will go away when... things... normalize 7 inches down in a month, very impressive!

Scarletmeshell, congrats on the loss
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone! The scale is stuck. I guess that happens to all of us. I rode my exercise bike for a hour yesterday! I can't eat any less either. Did anyone watche The Biggest Loser last night? It was concerning.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #38  

still up just not as up as yesterday. Hopefully I'll figure this thing out. I changed up some of my exercise adding in some strength training. Not sure what to do otherwise, I felt kind of yucky last night so I didn't eat dinner. My blood sugar has been running high this week too. I think I may have to go to the doctor and get my meds adjusted.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #39  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

lotsakids - It's so great that you've done it without the surgery! It's hard, but man that surgery is intense. I've been recording My 600 Pound Life, and wow - those people go through some pain and struggles to get the weight off. There really is no quick fix, not surgery, not phentermine, just some tools that helps and lots of hard work. Even that surgery doesn't guarantee success unless habits change.

1000 mile challenge? That is awesome! I love the idea of the spur of the moment exercises, that's really cool. Stairs are good. I wish we had 'em.

scarletmeshell - I agree. Having lived it, I know just how hard it is so I can't judge either. I do feel sad for people who haven't gotten to the point of getting healthy yet, but I know it's so hard. It took me so long to make up my mind to do it. I have a couple friends and even some family that don't really mention or acknowledge my loss - I'm not sure why, but I guess I'm not doing this for their approval. Yay for 196.6! Rock on with your bad self.

jennybutler357 - right back at you! I really love the support on this board... such a great group of people and it's amazing how our stories are all so similar, yet different in enough ways to show us new perspectives. Thanks for your kind words! I'm really excited about the bathing suit... it should be here today. :-) And thank you for what you said about the phentermine! It's harder now, but certainly doable. I'm glad I had the tool to get me started. :-)

WOW! You rocked the exercise in January, and a 7.7 pound loss? Congratulations on sticking with it!!! yay

Toowicky - you are beautiful in your new pic! Love the head wrap and you look so HAPPY and HEALTHY. I bet the fortune telling was fun! I have tarot cards and it's pretty complicated for a carnival. The magic 8 ball was probably a way better lighthearted prop. :-) Go Madame Zorga! I'm so happy for you that you could have pictures taken and be comfortable. Rejoin the world - that's a neat way to put it and I can totally relate.

Yay for your new scale! I use my kitchen scale a lot, too. The Loseit app has a think called recipe builder where you can add recipe ingredients and it will give you the total then you divide by servings. That's what I use now so I know exactly what to put down.

I have increased my calories too. 1200 is still my goal, but I don't worry if I get to 1400 or 1500 some days. At some point, we have to transition this to a live-able number for the rest of our lives - lest we end up with a lot to lose again.

And good for you for sending the positive vibe to the other mom at the GS meeting. That was such an awesome thing you said! It's sad that she was probably hearing pretty mean self talk when she saw your healthy choice.

CrazyCatWoman - Say it sister! I totally hear you on reconciling the new me with my old self. It's hard. I don't want to shame myself for where I ended up, but it is easy to do if I am not careful. 181!!! Rock on - that is awesome! Yay for pooping.

HuggerBunny - What you said about your mom made me tear up a bit. First, because she had the negative self talk, which probably affected how your weight developed. I know it did for me. My mom was the same way. She was quite thin, but mostly because she starved herself. I'm pretty sure now that she was anorexic at least during some phases of her life. And, it reminded me of my daughter and I the other day. She is 18, and we hugged the other day and she said "you aren't a pillow anymore". I realized that my cushiness was probably comforting in a way, because I was always that way for her whole life. She's been doing a lot of negative self talk about her own weight and I wish I could take back all the times I said I was fat and ugly and just make her know that she is beautiful just the way she is. I tell her all the time, but I think she doesn't believe me.

YAY for 27 pounds gone. That is 108 sticks of butter! I'm sure it is noticable :-) Other people just don't pay as much attention to us as we do to ourselves, I think. Round faces are beautiful too! you can have a round face without being overweight even. :-) Your long legs are a plus, when it comes to appearing thinner too, I bet. Have you considered a new hair style? There are so many cute styles that compliment round faces and you could try something completely new to celebrate your loss so far and maybe feel more beautiful? Feeling beautiful is important! Because we radiate our beauty from the inside.

Wow, I wrote a novel up there haha! That will teach me to not check in for several days! I am 189.6 today, that's my first ever peak at 180's. YAY! Learned a tough lesson at the mall the other day. I was starving when I went so I got a bagel dog, and thought how bad can it be? I thought about just eating half but I ate the whole damn thing and later learned it was 500 calories. JEEZ. I had pineapple for dinner to stay within budget LOL. I'm glad this squat challenge is almost over. Yesterday was 225, and I had to break it into about 6 chunks to get it done. Thank goodness today is a rest day!

Last edited by Llilith; 02-05-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #40  

Llilith!!! you broke into the 180's!!!! Whoo Hoo! I did 50 squats yesterday and my legs hurt today! I can't even imagine 225!!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #41  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Thanks :-) My legs hurt like **** for about two days - like so bad I could hardly sit down to pee LOL. But, after I did them for a few days, it didn't hurt. If you do them for a couple more days, it won't be so bad after the first two days or so.

Here's the funny thing, I was all excited cause I thought today was a rest day in the squat challenge. Then I looked at the chart. 230 . I finally got them done, but I had to split it into about 8 sessions. It is hard when it gets to this many. There are only three days left in the challenge and then I'm gonna scale back to 50 per day.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #42  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

191.1 today official weigh in tomorrow.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Llilith – 230 squats!! I’ve been adding 5 extra per day so today was 70 – that was hard enough, can’t imagine over THREE time that amount!! Well done for keeping it up so long! And a glimpse of the 180s – incredible!!

lotsakids, hope you’re feeling better – did you go to the doctor? 7 inches lost is great – well done!!

Well done DrivenByAmbition! Very close to your Valentine’s Day challenge weight!!

scarletmeshell, keep peddling!! Even if the scale doesn’t appreciate your hard work, your legs will I’m sure!!

HuggerBunny, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate you were jealous of your mom if that's what you thought I was saying? I meant that just as by myself, my own feelings towards a friend who was able to lose weight when I had tried and failed so many times. Now I realize how hard she must have worked, jealousy is the last thought I have for her.

I think we just get used to how people are. I know it’s not really the same thing but my uncle had a beard from before I was born until about 10 years ago and now I see him without it I can barely recognize him, even now I should be used to it, but he looks quite thin underneath all the face fuzz - in my head he has a beard, it’s just how he is to me.

It’s interesting what you say CrazyCatWoman about how you associate losing weight with illness though, I think those kinds of thoughts stay with us and are extremely hard to shake.

I am feeling very achy today after a combination of squats and new pilates exercises - the instructor had us working out with those swiss balls today and on Tuesday – I am still hurting on the inner thigh area from having to have the ball in between my legs and push in with my knees, and today I discovered I have no balance and kept on falling off the ball when trying to do this one exercise, but no one could do it so it wasn’t too embarrassing. Oddly, my left leg hurts more than my right, maybe I have lopsided muscles or something?!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #44  

ouch... yesterday I did my 5 miles of walking with Leslie and then did 20 minutes of Zumba.... ouch ouch ouch... my legs hurt so bad! Anyway down a bit more today 194- lots of water! I need to make sure I drink enough especially after exercise. I'm hardly sore today time to do it again~~
Old 02-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #45  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Quick check in, more later, but on seeing the 180s, Llilith!!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote