Found myself eating at 1 am...

• I have always had issues with food. But not this bad. I'm heavier then I have ever been. I found myself eating a bowl of cereal at 1 am this morning and it made me think what in the heck am I doing?? There is something majorly going on inside me but I have yet to pinpoint what that is.
    I'm so disappointed in myself, but I am trying to dust myself off and say I can fix it if I just focus and set some goals.
    I just wish I had never gotten so addicted to food and comfort eating. I swear they are always lurking there somewhere....
    I need support though. I need to get active on this board and really dig my heels in this time.
  • Oh hun, I understand how you feel. I may not have any good advice but I will tell you my story.
    My son died suddenly Aug. 1. The first month is kind of a blur. I did eat because I had people watching me and wanted me to eat. I am not sure wh,y I think I could survive off my own fat for months. After some time I found myself eating for comfort. One night I was just eating and eating and damn it, it didn't help. This was very dissapointing to me. I just had to start dealing with my feelings.
    I don't keep trigger foods in the house anymore. I stopped doing things out of obligation to others if it isn't good for me.
    A few weeks ago my brother and his wife took me out for a wonderful afternoon had a wonderful lunch. Then back home alone. I ate again for comfort. I wans't hungry at all. Guess what? It didn't help.
    Maybe ask yourself what you get out of that kind of eating.
    You can do this. You can figure it out.
    Hugs!