Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #256  
Wanna Be

S/C/G: 272/265/155

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Default Thanks for the Welcome!

Slashni & Carter: Thanks for the welcome!

Sakurai: And welcome to the other newby here!

Slashni: Nice to see another 50 year old from Colorado here!

So one problem with giving up so many different foods for a year is now that I can eat them again, I have to be careful not to eat them all at once! Did a little of that yesterday….

Cities and towns in Colorado are competing against each other in May for the Colorado Get Movin' Challenge - so I've signed up to do 30 minutes of activity every day in May. Just what I need!

But birthday cake tonight for my hubby's birthday!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #257  

S/C/G: Start 307 Goal 150

Height: 5"7

Hey everyone great thread. So I did ip jan 2012 and lost 70 pounds. I was down to 207 and now weigh 307. Today was my first day back on program I am using the protein shakes from cosco as the clinic in my town has shut down. I am excited to start but obviously want not to repeat the last experience. Just going to focus on phase one 100% one day at a time.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #258  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Stacyp! Yep, we can all understand where you are with not wanting a repeat. Hang with us and we'll help support you while you help support us! We can do this together!

Calluna: I think I noticed that your ticker went down a little more today! Good job!

Fabulous: Gotta have cake on a birthday!! We're coming up on my son's graduation from High School and his 18th birthday... there will be cake. And I'm having some!! Just have to watch how much I have!!

So glad it is Friday! Looking forward to a very nice weekend here, in the 80's! Yes!!!!

Have a good weekend!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #259  

Thx Slashnl I really think being on the site getting support from people who can relate will make a huge difference this time. Today is day two and I'm doing great!! I feel gross and I have a headache that won't stop but I know like last time it will only last the first week I lost 14 pounds my first week last time so I'm excited to weigh in on Thursday. I also did a smash book journal on my weight loss last time and I'm going to start it again.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #260  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Hello, peeps! Stay on plan, stacyp - the grossness will pass, as you know.

I'm still hanging out at 258.2, and we'll see what the weekend brings.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #261  
Wanna Be

Welcome, Stacey! I'm new here too. What is ip?

Got my bike out this morning. The weather is beautiful and I like riding it to run errands - makes me feel like I'm getting something done while I exercise.

Trying to make sure I exercise every day!

Just weighing once a week though. Weighing every day really feels like weight watching instead of monitoring progress.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #262  
Diane

Hi all! Checking in for the weekend! I'll weigh in tomorrow, so no changes yet. BUT.... I do have an NSV!!! I was moving my winter clothes to the storage room, and taking out my summer clothes. Since I leave so early in the mornings for the gym, without trying on outfits (because I shower and dress at the gym after workouts), I thought that I would try some of the clothes on to see how they fit. Wow! There are quite a few shirts that were too tight to wear last year that I can wear now! Now all but one of the button up shirts can be buttoned! I don't HAVE to wear them open, over a tank top. I also thought I needed more shorts for the summer since I had so few last summer. Well, I have more now because some that didn't fit last summer, now fit! So excited!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #263  

Thx calluna and fabulous fifty!! Ip is ideal protein Slasnl that's fantastic!!! What a great motivator.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #264  
Wanna Be

So nice to have clothes fit! Gratz Slashni!

:-)
Old 05-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

I'm baaaack! Again! I lost 93lbs back in 2010. After getting married in 2011 and having a son in 2012...I've gained all and more back. My husband and I have re-focused over the last few weeks and have our plan together. We're ready to tackle this thing together and for one last time! I've modified my plan a little to include healthier varieties of food, instead of focusing only on low-calorie options. But I'm counting calories again, which always seems to keep me focused in the long run. Good luck to everyone, I really missed being around this board!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #266  
Diane

Lookin2lose: Welcome back! You'll get back to where you were, I'm sure of it. It sounds like you have a good plan.

Feeling pretty good this morning. I was hoping to break into the 250's today, but only had a 1.4 lb loss. But TOM is today, too. So, maybe at next week's weigh in. Went to Spin class this morning. The numbers of people there are starting to dwindle. It usually is like that going into summer.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #267  
There is no spoon.

S/C/G: 278 / sig / 150

I figured some things out recently, and I hope it might help some of you too!

1) After each meal, if I brush my teeth with something like Colgate (which is intense and leaves a strong minty-ness behind) nothing tastes normal for quite a while afterwards. So this will help deter me from snacking - it won't taste good anyway! And the freshness feels good. ^__^

2) I recently realized that because I have GERD and allergies with post-nasal congestion, I always feel like I want to swallow. (Don't take that the wrong way ) Swallowing something feels good, as it satisfies that "swallow" signaling. I think my entire life that my mind has associated that satisfaction with the pleasure of eating tasty food, because both happen together - which has trained me to feel like eating when I feel that pressure in my throat.

I figured this out because my allergies are piqued, my throat feels like I need to clear it all the time, and I simultaneously feel that sense of false-hunger more than usual.

Am I the only one who feels this? It's going to be extremely hard to reprogram 34 years of conditioning. But maybe by actually treating my allergies this year, I might feel it less!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #268  
Diane

Sakurai: I don't have the issue with allergies and swallowing, but I think you are probably right that it encourages that feeling of hunger. I will agree with the brushing your teeth. I do that in particular right after dinner. There are those in my house who can have sweets later in the evening, and I don't want to be tempted. So, I brush my teeth and use a fairly intense flavor of mouthwash. Then, I know I'm done for the night. Good thoughts!

Went to Body Pump today. I almost didn't go, because I overslept a little, but I made it. Glad I did. It was hard, but I think that's good. Then at work, two people said that they have noticed that I've lost a lot of weight. Yay! I think it might be the more summery clothes I've been wearing. Finally put the long sleeve, heavy stuff away. But, always good to hear!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

I like the way you think Sakurai and Slashnl....I'll have to try that!

Slashnl, glad you made it to you workout this morning...feels so good to get it done after the thought of not going!

Good job!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Hey All - I hope everyone is doing well in their regaining control.

I, personally, have been a mess. >_< My father came home from physical rehab last week and he wasn't ready. We just can't take care of him and it is throwing me into a stress cycle that is..well...nearly unbearable. I was over by a LOT of calories yesterday. Not because I really over ate but because I choose to eat at a Friendly's for comfort and trust me...it's a trap. One sandwich and waffle fries set me back 2,000 calories alone.

I DID make it to the gym Monday - with all intention of going every day this week - but we were up most of Monday and then last night - because my father was extremely ill and refusing medical treatment. It's not a good situation.

But I will pick myself back up and get on the horse somehow - I just need sleep and I will try again Monday for a full week of exercise (won't go tomorrow morning because I don't know if I will sleep tonight and I work 11 hours on Friday so thats out). I'm currently at reaching the end of my rope but I'm typing a knot to hold on for dear life, that's for sure.

I really hope everyone else is doing well.
Closed Thread