3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Getting Out of the 240s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/291420-getting-out-240s.html)

Goddess Jessica 01-08-2014 12:19 PM

Getting Out of the 240s

Our old thread was getting a bit too long so I've closed it and started this new one.

Jessica

pnkrckpixikat 01-08-2014 02:20 PM

Really Jessica? Usually they get closed at 300 and it was only at 160.

Pam sounds like you have lots of motivation to exercise! that is good:) What is the stretching work out like? what does it have you do? I really need to work on my flexibility, I remember when I could do the splits... now psh never happen! I'd still be a foot or two off the ground.

peaches that sounds likely!! good for you for recognizing the problem. I find water weight from bad eating flushes off faster when I am exercising... i think it turns to sweat lol.

justalozer ooooh I am sure you will see that halfway mark fairly soon! hooray!

Sorry I have been quiet, it has been crazy at work so when I have a few minutes I just want to veg and not communicate :s I am reading on 3fc even when not writing tho!

amandie 01-08-2014 02:29 PM

From my experience on here, it is 500 posts max per thread so 160 is barely half but whatever, it isn't the first time she has done this because she felt like it was "too long."

JellyBelly1908 01-08-2014 04:36 PM

I'm back looking for support guys. My Christmas present just arrived - a nice treadmill, and I'm trying to decide between various diet delivery plans. This is the fattest I've been in years. :-(

pnkrckpixikat 01-08-2014 05:55 PM

yay a treadmill! you lucky duck!!! I want an elliptical but would have no where to put it in my small apt.

pnkrckpixikat 01-08-2014 06:00 PM

ah! 500! I knew it was an odd number up front lol

akelly728 01-08-2014 08:25 PM

Well, crossing over to this new thread..

Ready to get into the 230's thread- who is with me??

JenB77 01-08-2014 11:24 PM

I am SO ready!!! You can gladly take me with you into the 230's :) I have been to hot yoga twice this week, holy mama! I loved it but I was definitely the largest person there...lol oh well. I kept up the best I could. So ya, my yoga clothes actually made it to yoga LOL

Mara 01-09-2014 09:28 AM

I am definitely ready to be in the next decade akelly I keep flirting with it. LOL

JellyBelly a treadmill is awesome! I like to walk and run (slowly) outside, but right now it is too cold to venture out. I find myself dreaming of a treadmill.

JennyT what is hot yoga exactly? I have done a little yoga, but never hot yoga. I have trouble with some of the positions because I am big chested so they get in the way at times. Can't get my head low enough to the floor because of the girls. LOL

I weighed in at 243.2 this morning. Yay!

akelly728 01-09-2014 09:50 AM

Wow, yoga clothes making it to an actual yoga class. Sounds like a fantasy in my world LOL!

I am also dreaming of a treadmill. Stupid things are so expensive, and I hate them, but mannnn I love what they do to the scale for me! This weekend is supposed to be warm in GA so I hope to get out and jog (aka look like I'm being pushed by a ghost in caramel) outdoors!! I work in Boston Monday - Thurs this month and I can't even walk to the car without cringing. Lucikly the hotel has an awesome gym with a couple of treadmills with TV's so that has been great!

Come on guys! We can get there! I'm 2 pounds away from the 230's....let's get it!

JenB77 01-09-2014 09:55 AM

Hot yoga = me doing yoga = hot yoga LOL no no, its in a heated room, it gets quite warm and the sweat just drips off of you but its not like being outside on a hot day. It helps you stretch your muscles so much more and you aren't sore after. Google infrared yoga, its quite interesting. It's perfect on a cold day too! Healthy eating everyone today :)

Goddess Jessica 01-09-2014 11:07 AM

Whoa!

I apologize if I ruffled some feathers. I thought I was being kind and keeping it from getting unwieldy.

You do know I'm a person, right? No need to talk about me in the third person. You can simply private message me if you feel like I've done something not in the best interest of the board as a moderator and I'll be happy to try to fix it.

akelly728 01-09-2014 11:14 AM

Sounds interesting Jenny...will have to look into it! Sweating is good - regardless of how you get there :)

pamatga 01-09-2014 02:18 PM

Good day everyone! :coffee2:

Goddess Jessica : Until you told me that you were a moderator, I didn't know that you were. I re-started this thread because it had died back on the vine back in early November. It is a small group of women who are working hard to move to the next thread. I didn't think it was that long since the group is so small and not everyone posts. However, if you have the authority to do that, then I guess go ahead and do it. I don't take any particular offense to it since I bookmark the thread and it brings me back to where I was last.

Gang: Sorry I have been M.I.A.:eek: from this thread on a daily basis. That might be so for a while longer. Since the first of this year I have been doing a couple of group challenges; mostly involving exercising as well as packing up my stuff to prepare for that move I talked about. Time flies. :angel:

In spite of me exercising every day for the past 9 days, the scales has not budged an ounce. I am not even sure what to make of it. So, all I am doing is just trying my best to be patient and maybe I will see some results within a week or so.

The stretching dvd that I do is from Gaiam: "A.M./P.M. Stretches". Anything from Gaiam is great. That's the name of the company. They have a lot of yoga dvds too. The stretching is demanding. It alternates from doing some positions on the floor and some standing up. You might recognize some of the positions as Pilates-based but essentially it is just going through the range of motion for each body part. I am pretty flexible in my lower body since I spent most of 2013 doing Pilates but it is my upper body around my neck and shoulders that I can really feel stiff and sore.(I am sure that sitting at a computer for long periods of time doesn't help either!) Each section lasts about 35 minutes and it is continual from start to finish. I think (including myself) we forget that we need to make sure that our muscles are primed and ready to be put in certain positions.

I am sure that is also part of the reasoning behind the hot yoga concept. The only concern that I have about sweating that much is if you have any kind of low blood pressure issues. If that would be the case; I could see a person passing out. Of course, making sure that you have some kind of electrolyte replacement drink before or afterwards will usually fix that. When I lose too many fluids too quickly (this has happened when I have had unusually heavy menstrual flows), my heart races and my pulse gets really thready until I have some Power-ade or something like that.

:welcome2: akelly728 and jellybelly1908. Glad to have you here even if it is only for a short while. All of us are very eager to "cross over" to the 230s. I just hope the next thread will be ready for a mass exodus of us joining. :D

:bravo: on getting the treadmill. I bought mine 10 years ago and paid $1200 for it (I was working at the time and making monthly payments). I have never regretted getting it although I agree that some of this free standing exercise equipment can take up a lot of space. In fact, the benefit of us moving to a three bedroom apartment is that I will finally not have to have a workout room/guest room. I will now be able to have a designated work out room. :carrot::woops::strong::ebike: I couldn't help doing that. :lol: :D

pixiekat: I have always loved exercising and, in spite, of too many old injuries to count as well as an aging body, I just enjoy doing it and how good I feel afterwards. "A body that is in motion has a tendency to stay in motion." We were not meant to sit at a computer all day. :comp::nono:

I see that you are also joining in on that January exercise challenge thread. I heard about it from another person, gardenerjoy, who is in another thread on here that I post in, the Beck Diet Solution thread. When she mentioned it in December, I knew that I would be rejoining another group (another off site one) so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.

I am determined to meet my posted goal (at the end of my signature page) and it is going to take some work to "get 'er done". ;)

mara Glad to hear that you are continuing to lose.

I feel that the biggest benefit that I have gotten out of losing so slowly is that I have gotten to know so many great ladies here in this 240 lbs. thread.

You are all the best! To the "new kids on the block", again, :welcome: and here's hoping we all get to the 230s before :val1: and let's hope we don't bounce back here afterwards :D:val2:

Take care all, Pam :comp: :coffee2:

Mara 01-10-2014 10:24 AM

Jenny that does sound fun and effective.

Pam I hope you packing is going well. Sitting at a computer cause my shoulder and neck to tighten up. I have to remind myself to loosen them and stretch throughout the day. I think stress causes them to tense up too.

I am still at 243.2 today. I am a little worried because we have a lunch meeting and I have not idea what is being served. Hopefully I will make good decisions. :)

pnkrckpixikat 01-11-2014 03:48 PM

Jessica I wasn't trying to come off as rude or talk in the third person or anything. I was just surprised and confused, thought maybe something had changed. In terms of how I referenced you, that is just how I type. I either start with the name or add it towards the beginning of the sentence to indicate who I am speaking to.

Welcome akelly! It looks like you will be moving on down quite soon!! Did you get to jog before heading to Boston? Boston is freaking cold but hooray they have a good set up gym-wise :)

You are close too Jenny!!! Hot Yoga sounds... sweaty lol but I have heard good things! Yoga is one of those things I want to like but never seem to get into much. Maybe once I am more flexible. Maybe I will start with a video like pam's

No worries pam I have been MIA too because work has been PSYCHO! lol not sure how much better it'll become with classes starting. Work will be slower but I will still be crazy busy :dizzy:

mara I hope you made good decisions at your lunch!!! If not, no worries, it was only one meal! :)

justaloozer 01-13-2014 08:01 AM

MIA here too. I had a stomach bug and somehow managed to GAIN .4?! :?: So I am at 247 today.

Mara 01-13-2014 09:05 AM

Thanks pixicat.

I did pretty good, but this weekend not so much. Saturday was okay, but yesterday I was snacky and caved. Up again to 244.8. On a positive note I did go walking since the weather was better. It has been a while so my legs did feel it a little. :)

pnkrckpixikat 01-13-2014 03:03 PM

justalozer your body uses extra water fighting off sickness/healing injury etc so it is almost certain water weight from that. it should flush off in a day or two :)

No worries mara! Just get back on track and stay there now :P

Mara 01-14-2014 08:21 AM

Lost some water weight. :D I weighed in at 243.2. I hope everyone has a godd weigh in and an awesome day!

JenB77 01-14-2014 10:21 AM

Looks like I am hanging about for another week. 240.6 this morning! 3.2 down this week :) I haven't been moving my body much either as my back started to get really sore on Saturday as I was driving soooo much. Just starting to feel better today. Looking forward to a good week of staying on track!

pamatga 01-14-2014 12:13 PM

Hello all :coffee2:

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.

This may sound crazy :dizzy: but I also decided to join an exercise challenge thread here on 3FC for the month of January, and since I set my monthly goal as " exercising every day", I decided to stick to my guns and do that. I did a Leslie Sansone Walk dvd last night and my legs felt like limp spaghetti. I could barely lift my legs on the leg lifts. I only did 1 mile but at least I can say I did exercise that day. I haven't broke my streak yet but it is tough to do cardio when you feel so wiped out before you have even begun.

My DH has been doing some of the shopping and I suggested some food from our local grocery store deli. It didn't have the food label on the deli chicken but something tells me it was a lot of sodium because I regained 3 lbs. in a blink of an eye. I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc. I honestly thought all of this extra activity would translate into more weight loss or at least sweated off.

Besides that I also had to change my packing plans because our property management wanted to power wash all of the exterior patios and open porches so I had to help my DH move our porch furniture as well as plant stand, etc. yesterday while it was cold and raining. Who decides to power wash anything in the middle of January and especially when colder temps and rain is predicted?? It is like getting your car washed right before a storm watch. :spin: Oh well...

Jenny T: you are sooooo close...I am green with envy :p but I know that you have worked hard on this so if I don't see you again here when I post again, congrats on all of your hard work!:cp:

pixiekat: Sounds like you have been super busy even during winter break. How much longer do you have to attend school before you have your degree?

mara you are doing great. Glad to hear that you got a walk in when the weather cooperated. I resumed working out this month after a hit and miss approach this past fall. For me, it is always a matter of feeling more fatigued initially but I just add an hour of sleep to compensate. I just wish I wouldn't have gotten sick though. :?: Yes, I do think that a lot of my shoulder tightness is from sitting at the computer a lot. I do try to limit myself but somedays I find myself looking up and realizing that I have sat here a couple of hours. Hard to believe.:sp:

akelley: Hey! :wave:

Not much else happening here. Trying to just ride this cold/flu out. I hope I feel better by the weekend.

Take care all, Pam :comp:

justaloozer 01-14-2014 01:43 PM

pnkrckpixikat That is interesting! I did not know that! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamatga (Post 4919243)
Hello all :coffee2:

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.
I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc.

Pam, hope you are feeling better now. I totally understand how you feel. I am bouncing again between the same numbers and I am getting extremely frustrated.

I stayed within all of my numbers yesterday AND worked out and somehow gained 1.4lbs overnight. Totally bummed about it. So today I am 248.4. At this rate I am not going to make my Valentine's Day goal. This weekend is my birthday and I fully intend to splurge with a trip out for dinner. And I refuse to count calories that night!

Mara 01-14-2014 01:43 PM

Way to go JennyT! Lead us to the next decade's thread. :D

Pam some of the weight might be from the flu. Your body is busy fighting off the virus. It is probably holding onto what fluids it can.

ubercast 01-14-2014 07:13 PM

I'm going to be joining you for a few weeks!

I'm excited to meet everyone!

JenB77 01-14-2014 10:05 PM

Thanks everyone, I only weigh in on Tuesdays (officially, I sneak a peek here and there) so I will be around for the week :) Pam I bet you will have a loss after your flu is over with, hang in there!

akelly728 01-14-2014 11:42 PM

So I did dabble into the 230's...I'm on the 239/249 fence so will post here a bit, and there too. You guys are so welcoming and very chatty - I love it!

Pam, good luck on the move! Glad to see a fellow GA girl on here :) I get up around your area on my way to the Dillard mountain area. I live in Macon :)

Pixikat, yes I tried to jog outside before the cold hit. However I never capitalized like I should have....2014 during the warm sunny days I will be outside jogging! My next project is in your area I think - Dallas! Much warmer. I love Dallas so I'm super excited to get there. I return home to Ga for weekends (I'm an IT consultant) so the shorter flight will also be nice.

Justaloozer, hope you feel better soon!

Mara, cravings alllllllwayysssss get the best of me. Or the worst of me, depending on how you look at it I guess!

JennyT, nice loss for the week! That's great!

Mara 01-15-2014 09:04 AM

Justaloozer I am positive the bump up is from water weight since you exercised. Especially since you just had a bug, aka dehydration.

Welcome ubercast!

JennyT I bet come next Tuesday you will be outta here and well on your way in the next decade.

Akelly I am trying to keep those cravings under control. LOL Sometimes they seem to haunt me.

I am up .2 this morning, 243.4. Hopefully not an upward trend again. I was proud that I stuck to my plan for dinner last night. There was a wreck on the way home and it made the commute even longer. I was so tired and hungry that I wanted to cave and stop by McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. But I went home and had salad and chicken for dinner.

Hope everyone is doing good this week. :)

peachesandcream 01-15-2014 02:46 PM

I've stayed steady at 244. I think I might be loosing fat but gaining muscle... I'm trying not to be so obsessed with the number on the scale but instead focus on feeling better and clothes getting looser. It is really easy to feel discouraged though. Perhaps something similar is going on with you justaloozer? Really I think I just feel discouraged about life in general right now but I could write a novel on that.

Yay for the NSV Mara. I know the feeling- for me it's wanting to stop at pizza places.

Enjoy your jogs Akelly.

Nice to meet you ubercast.

Hope you feel better soon Pam. The goal of exercising everyday is great. I'm trying to get to exercise every weekday (Monday -Friday).

MamaPu 01-15-2014 06:02 PM

Hi! I just wanted to pop in to say hi, hopefully I'll officially be in here on Friday (my official weigh day) I weighed in at 250.2 this am. Can't wait to get to know everyone soon :)

Mara 01-16-2014 12:43 PM

Hello MamaPu!

Peaches I understand the feeling, but don't give up you can do it. I think focusing on fit of clothing is a good idea. Although it is still hard not to think about the number on the scale.

JellyBelly1908 01-16-2014 02:48 PM

I lost 2.8 lbs this week! Only used my treadmill once though. :-(

justaloozer 01-16-2014 03:29 PM

Welcome Mamapu!

It's so hard not to focus on the scale at this point Peaches! I am sorry you are feeling down.

My birthday is this weekend and I am also going to a friends party. I am sure that my weight will go up so I am prepared for that. Scale has stayed the same for 2 days now- 248.6.

pnkrckpixikat 01-16-2014 07:35 PM

Pam I up set to graduating with my bachelors in Dec of this year as long as one or two of my classes needed are available over summer and IF none of my classes are offered in the same time slots in fall. But, I will hopefully be turning around and starting my Masters program here at the same school in Jan of 2015 so not much will change except what I am studying since I am gong from psych to business.

akelly I think it has been a bit warmer here, but idk how much, it did get pretty frigid here. it is back in the 60s for the daily high though, I hope it sticks but my DH is wishing it away, he likes the cold! I am in the Dallas area, just above it in Richardson

I'll be back later to write more, running out somewhere now :)

Sakai 01-16-2014 10:53 PM

Ah! how could I have missed this thread!
I've been trying to get out of the 240's for 2 months now.
Back story: 6 (almost 7) months ago I lost a good deal of weight. My cousin was coming to town with my daughter ( they adopted her) my cousin's wife and myself started a little blog about our weight loss adventures. Well, right after they came to visit for my daughter's first birthday, i totally threw myself off the wagon. I was eating clean, a vegetarian and hardly any wheat. That went right under the rug and I went back to eating meat, bread and pasta and had more processed and fast food in the past 6 months than i had in over 2 years.
So yeah, I gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Not happy about it. Now my cousin and his wife gave my man and I tickets to go visit them in Atlanta. We're super excited as we've never traveled much and we get to see our daughter for her 2nd birthday. I'm determined to get back to the weight I was (or smaller). but the 240's are killer!
As of right now I'm 248.6 But I just ate breakfast so that's not an accurate number. I'll have a more accurate number tomorrow when I weigh myself before breakfast.

MamaPu 01-17-2014 08:07 AM

Ok I'm officially in here! 249.8 this morning, up .2 from yesterday morning, but today is my official weigh day.
Welcome Sakai, it's hard but you can do it!
I'm at my lowest weight I've been for about 3 years, or longer! That's all the motivation I need right now!

Mara 01-17-2014 09:20 AM

Welcome Sakai!

And yay for making it offical MamaPu!

I am down to 242.4 this morning! I really want out of the 240's. This has been going on for too long now. Lol Must stay strong. Must stay strong. That is my mantra this week. ;)

peachesandcream 01-17-2014 12:10 PM

Hey Everyone!

Even though things are rough for me but I'm try to stay focused on what I can control. What I can control is eating healthier and exercising. I'm down to 243 again BUT I need to work on curbing my late night snacking. That's why I've gotten stuck again. I try to keep remembering how far I've come when I put on my clothes.

Welcome Saku and MamaPu.

I like that mantra Mara. Must stay strong!

Thank you for the encouragement justaloozer.

Yay for Jellybean.

Sakai 01-17-2014 10:02 PM

I have a more official weigh in. 245.8
I have a horrible, very nasty habit of not really ever exercising. >.< It's really bad, i know. My goal this year should of been to start working out more. I'm so worn out after work. I'm on my feet and walking over 10,000 steps just at my job. However, my heart-rate is never elevated so I guess it doesn't count.

justaloozer 01-18-2014 07:31 AM

Yay Mamapu!

Mara you can do it!

Sakai I also move a lot for work but I find that I have to exercise separately in order for my weight to continue moving downward.

AFM I hit 70lbs lost today! I am going out to eat for my bday tomorrow so I know it will go back up again, but I am so ecstatic today!