3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Getting Out of the 240s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/291420-getting-out-240s.html)

MissMollyM 01-20-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mara (Post 4924173)
Welcome MissMolly! I am currently focusing on watching my calories and sodium. The salt will sneak up on you everytime. :)

Pam the cravings were for mostly warm gooey cheesey food, think pizza, Chuy's cheese and creamy jalapeno dip. Mostly gone now. :) And I had noticed that about low fat foods. Sneaky sodium.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Mara. :)

Yes, sodium stinks. I can't believe how much sodium I take in - not even adding additional salt. Argh!!! :mad: I would rather something not taste as great as long as it had less sodium. Oh, well... I guess it is what it is.

Calypso214 01-20-2014 11:28 PM

I'm a "newbie" both to this site and to this thread...in fact, I just began today on the 3Fat Chicks site! At around 240lbs...my highest ever.

However, on Jan 6th, I made the decision to leap on my rarely used treadmill and do thirty minutes a day (around two weeks now). I've been trying to do Weight Watchers on my own (1200 cal/ day) , as I live in Mexico. I have done treading every day until about 4days ago, when I injured my right foot. I'm not sure if it's a stress fracture or plantar fasciitis, and I do have an appointment with my doctor for an XRay and examination.!

I'm SO frustrated at it happening now. I've been so committed and can no longer walk at a decent speed on the treadmill. And, my foot hurts afterward...drat it! The plus side is that I do see a slight difference in size...very slight, as I am weighing only one time a month.
I waver between giving my foot rest...and walking on the treadmill slowly. I just don't wasn't to fall back into inactivity. Any tips/ advice! I'm a bit bummed out!

Mara 01-21-2014 09:08 AM

Well the sodium got me at dinner and I am up at 243.4. :( Oh well, time to flush it off with water.

Welcome Calypso! I would take a break from the treadmill until you see you doctor. Or at least take it super easy. You don't want to injure it further and be out of commission longer. :) Just watch your calorie intake until you are back to full fighting strength.

JenB77 01-21-2014 09:41 AM

Down 1.6 this past week, I was hoping for a little more but I had a pop corn incident on the weekend...lol BUT I am down to 239 :) I didn't post a lot in this thread but I read it everyday and was encouraged by all the thoughtful words. Good luck on your journey everyone!

akelly728 01-21-2014 09:53 AM

Moving on to the next decade. Good luck to those here - hope to see you soon in the next thread :) It's a double decade so will probably be there a while!

thewalrus0 01-21-2014 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been a bit distracted since school started last week! Lots of homework, but I'm glad to be busy again. This weekend was long because of the holiday so I worked pretty hard to get all my homework done as well as try to jump ahead a bit, well, at least as far as I can in the classes where it's possible.

The scale has been hovering painfully close to 241 but last night I took a break to drink some alcohol and have some fun! Today I feel terrible, but it was worth it. I probably won't weigh in until Saturday since I had so much alcohol and ate some unforgiving foodstuffs.

However, I'm hoping to be in the 230's by the end of the month! :)

Mara 01-22-2014 08:42 AM

Way to go akelly and jennyt!!! Hopefully with all you guys moving down the rest of us will be pulled with ya'll. :)

Thewalrus sometimes you have to take a break. And I would stay away from the scale to just so the sodium water weight woudn't discourage me.

I am at 242.4 this morning. Trying to watch my sodium. It really does a number on me.

JellyBelly1908 01-23-2014 01:52 PM

Today was a bad week. I binged 24/7 and didn't exercise. Gained 3.4 lbs. :-(

Mara 01-24-2014 09:21 AM

Everyone has those jellybelly so don't be discourage. :hug: I read a post on here once that said if you were mountain climbing and slipped you would not give up and throw yourself off the mountain. You would grip tighter and keep climbing. That was the short version of the saying. LOL But I have it taped up at my cubilce.

I had a semi bad week. Just found out that one of my co-workers is leaving and today is her last day. So there was a last minute going away lunch yesterday and I did not make the best choice. However I planned my meals for today and am about to for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :D

MamaPu 01-24-2014 10:51 AM

Congrats to those moving on! I know I haven't posted much this week I'm easily distracted, so when I got time I got busy with something else lol...I hope to get to know everyone a little better :) I'm down 2lbs this week!
Don't feel too bad JellyBelly, I had a bad couple of days this weekend too, tom cravings got the best of me!!
I like that thought Mara!

justaloozer 01-25-2014 06:25 PM

Hugs jellybelly! I have been binging on and off the last week. After my birthday I have had a difficult time getting back on track. I haven't been exercising either. Tomorrow's weigh in will be a disappointment for sure.

WTG Mamapu!!

justaloozer 01-26-2014 12:51 PM

Weigh in was 245.2. Only a .2 weight gain. Thank goodness it wasn't so bad this week!

Mara 01-26-2014 02:28 PM

I'm glad your weigh in went better than you expected justaloozer.

I saw 240.6 this morning! Trying not to get too excited in case tomorrow is an increase. Lol

jodoto 01-26-2014 02:34 PM

:carrot::carrot:I am just starting a new way of eating... I am determined to "get out of the 240's" so here I am!

justaloozer 01-26-2014 04:22 PM

WTG Mara!!!!

Welcome jodoto!!