Old 01-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Jessica I wasn't trying to come off as rude or talk in the third person or anything. I was just surprised and confused, thought maybe something had changed. In terms of how I referenced you, that is just how I type. I either start with the name or add it towards the beginning of the sentence to indicate who I am speaking to.

Welcome akelly! It looks like you will be moving on down quite soon!! Did you get to jog before heading to Boston? Boston is freaking cold but hooray they have a good set up gym-wise

You are close too Jenny!!! Hot Yoga sounds... sweaty lol but I have heard good things! Yoga is one of those things I want to like but never seem to get into much. Maybe once I am more flexible. Maybe I will start with a video like pam's

No worries pam I have been MIA too because work has been PSYCHO! lol not sure how much better it'll become with classes starting. Work will be slower but I will still be crazy busy

mara I hope you made good decisions at your lunch!!! If not, no worries, it was only one meal!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

MIA here too. I had a stomach bug and somehow managed to GAIN .4?! So I am at 247 today.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks pixicat.

I did pretty good, but this weekend not so much. Saturday was okay, but yesterday I was snacky and caved. Up again to 244.8. On a positive note I did go walking since the weather was better. It has been a while so my legs did feel it a little.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

justalozer your body uses extra water fighting off sickness/healing injury etc so it is almost certain water weight from that. it should flush off in a day or two

No worries mara! Just get back on track and stay there now :P
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #20  

Lost some water weight. I weighed in at 243.2. I hope everyone has a godd weigh in and an awesome day!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Looks like I am hanging about for another week. 240.6 this morning! 3.2 down this week I haven't been moving my body much either as my back started to get really sore on Saturday as I was driving soooo much. Just starting to feel better today. Looking forward to a good week of staying on track!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #22  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Hello all

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.

This may sound crazy but I also decided to join an exercise challenge thread here on 3FC for the month of January, and since I set my monthly goal as " exercising every day", I decided to stick to my guns and do that. I did a Leslie Sansone Walk dvd last night and my legs felt like limp spaghetti. I could barely lift my legs on the leg lifts. I only did 1 mile but at least I can say I did exercise that day. I haven't broke my streak yet but it is tough to do cardio when you feel so wiped out before you have even begun.

My DH has been doing some of the shopping and I suggested some food from our local grocery store deli. It didn't have the food label on the deli chicken but something tells me it was a lot of sodium because I regained 3 lbs. in a blink of an eye. I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc. I honestly thought all of this extra activity would translate into more weight loss or at least sweated off.

Besides that I also had to change my packing plans because our property management wanted to power wash all of the exterior patios and open porches so I had to help my DH move our porch furniture as well as plant stand, etc. yesterday while it was cold and raining. Who decides to power wash anything in the middle of January and especially when colder temps and rain is predicted?? It is like getting your car washed right before a storm watch. Oh well...

Jenny T: you are sooooo close...I am green with envy but I know that you have worked hard on this so if I don't see you again here when I post again, congrats on all of your hard work!

pixiekat: Sounds like you have been super busy even during winter break. How much longer do you have to attend school before you have your degree?

mara you are doing great. Glad to hear that you got a walk in when the weather cooperated. I resumed working out this month after a hit and miss approach this past fall. For me, it is always a matter of feeling more fatigued initially but I just add an hour of sleep to compensate. I just wish I wouldn't have gotten sick though. Yes, I do think that a lot of my shoulder tightness is from sitting at the computer a lot. I do try to limit myself but somedays I find myself looking up and realizing that I have sat here a couple of hours. Hard to believe.

akelley: Hey!

Not much else happening here. Trying to just ride this cold/flu out. I hope I feel better by the weekend.

Take care all, Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

pnkrckpixikat That is interesting! I did not know that! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post
Hello all

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.
I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc.
Pam, hope you are feeling better now. I totally understand how you feel. I am bouncing again between the same numbers and I am getting extremely frustrated.

I stayed within all of my numbers yesterday AND worked out and somehow gained 1.4lbs overnight. Totally bummed about it. So today I am 248.4. At this rate I am not going to make my Valentine's Day goal. This weekend is my birthday and I fully intend to splurge with a trip out for dinner. And I refuse to count calories that night!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #24  

Way to go JennyT! Lead us to the next decade's thread.

Pam some of the weight might be from the flu. Your body is busy fighting off the virus. It is probably holding onto what fluids it can.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I'm going to be joining you for a few weeks!

I'm excited to meet everyone!
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone, I only weigh in on Tuesdays (officially, I sneak a peek here and there) so I will be around for the week Pam I bet you will have a loss after your flu is over with, hang in there!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #27  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

So I did dabble into the 230's...I'm on the 239/249 fence so will post here a bit, and there too. You guys are so welcoming and very chatty - I love it!

Pam, good luck on the move! Glad to see a fellow GA girl on here I get up around your area on my way to the Dillard mountain area. I live in Macon

Pixikat, yes I tried to jog outside before the cold hit. However I never capitalized like I should have....2014 during the warm sunny days I will be outside jogging! My next project is in your area I think - Dallas! Much warmer. I love Dallas so I'm super excited to get there. I return home to Ga for weekends (I'm an IT consultant) so the shorter flight will also be nice.

Justaloozer, hope you feel better soon!

Mara, cravings alllllllwayysssss get the best of me. Or the worst of me, depending on how you look at it I guess!

JennyT, nice loss for the week! That's great!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #28  

Justaloozer I am positive the bump up is from water weight since you exercised. Especially since you just had a bug, aka dehydration.

Welcome ubercast!

JennyT I bet come next Tuesday you will be outta here and well on your way in the next decade.

Akelly I am trying to keep those cravings under control. LOL Sometimes they seem to haunt me.

I am up .2 this morning, 243.4. Hopefully not an upward trend again. I was proud that I stuck to my plan for dinner last night. There was a wreck on the way home and it made the commute even longer. I was so tired and hungry that I wanted to cave and stop by McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. But I went home and had salad and chicken for dinner.

Hope everyone is doing good this week.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 275/241/165

I've stayed steady at 244. I think I might be loosing fat but gaining muscle... I'm trying not to be so obsessed with the number on the scale but instead focus on feeling better and clothes getting looser. It is really easy to feel discouraged though. Perhaps something similar is going on with you justaloozer? Really I think I just feel discouraged about life in general right now but I could write a novel on that.

Yay for the NSV Mara. I know the feeling- for me it's wanting to stop at pizza places.

Enjoy your jogs Akelly.

Nice to meet you ubercast.

Hope you feel better soon Pam. The goal of exercising everyday is great. I'm trying to get to exercise every weekday (Monday -Friday).
peachesandcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I just wanted to pop in to say hi, hopefully I'll officially be in here on Friday (my official weigh day) I weighed in at 250.2 this am. Can't wait to get to know everyone soon
MamaPu is offline   Reply With Quote