Getting Out of the 240s

You're on Page 12 of 33
Go to
  • 246! Officially 50 pound loss now. Now to lose another 50...
  • CharityMarie, You freaking rock!!! 50 pounds, that is amazing!!! :-)

I think you should treat yourself to a massage, a new purse, some new clothes or whatever will make you feel great to have made such an accomplishment and keep you motivated!
  • Congrats CharityMarie!

I got 242.8 today.
  • Wow CharityMarie! 50 lbs is such an accomplishment! You rock!

I'm back up to 248 today. Put I'm not going to change my ticker quite yet. I know my weight fluctuations is due to some pretty crappy eating habits that I am ready to kick to the curb. Husband brought home donuts today which I ate, only to feel sick a few minutes later from all the sugar and yesterday I ate really healthy for breakfast and lunch, but didn't pack anything for dinner while I was at work. So when I finally got home around 9 pm I was starving and rather than making something healthy I had a grilled cheese sandwich with too much cheese and goldfish crackers. =/ Oh, and I'm addicted right now to coconut cream pie milkshakes, so that's not helping.

But,I did go out of my way to make some healthy trial mix for a pre-gym snack and packaged it all into 1/2 cup portions for an easy grab and go snack. And I've been getting these Sabra Hummus cups with Pretzel thins at work when I get hungry so instead I got some divided snack containers and put hummus and veggies in it to cut out some of those processed carbs. So hopefully the lbs will start coming off again.
  • 246.9 this morning....but STARVING! I haven't felt this hungry during this whole process! Not sure what is up. I did not even stay entirely on plan this past week, but whooshed.

I wish I could understand the mysteries of the human body in terms of weight loss.

Eating a protein heavy dinner to try and stop the hunger!
  • Well done CharityMarie! 50lbs lost is so amazing
    I am currently at 245, hoping to move into 230's soon.
  • Each new decade is so exciting to get to, then you just get impatient for the next one! I love that some of us have moved own threads all somewhat the same time. Makes me hopeful for the next decade down that we all make it (and soon!)

If I lose 16 more pounds I'll be the weight I graduated high school at. Gotta stay motivated.
  • Morning! I weighed in at 241.4! On my way back to the 230's.

Kailpea great job portioning out your snacks! I know I have to keep some on hand or I start thinking about the vending machine. LOL And I always want icecream. Which in moderation I think is fine. But I usually want a blizzard or shake.

KarinRose I have been really hungry too lately. Maybe it has something to do with the season/weather?

MissSMcC keep it up! The 230's are just around the corner.

CharityMarie I am all for stampeding the 230's. LOL
  • 245! Back on track!!
  • I might be back? 248.8 this morning! I REALLY want it to stick and to move down from here and NOT bounce back up again!

It's been a super busy couple of weeks, between job #2 and the gym, everything else seems to be falling by the wayside! I haven't cooked more than 3 times in the last two weeks, I've got no clean dishes and I only JUST managed to run a load of laundry so I had some clean underwear!

I only work Saturday this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to get my ducks in a row over the weekend and get back on track.
  • So, the (kinda) funny thing is that I went from a day that I was starving to a day that I ate almost nothing and was diagnosed with the flu.

The odd thing is that I didn't recognize that I had the flu because I had had the flu shot this year and I didn't notice my energy level was down that much...it felt like "old normal."

How sad is that? Me now with the flu, felt like my old normal. Hadn't occurred to me until now how much energy I had gained back. Even more motivation to keep losing and working out.

And, CharityMarie, I totally agree! Love chasing everyone down through the threads! I get so much more motivation from all of you who are similar to me than I do from either myself or people with just a little to lose.
  • Hello everyone! How are you guys?

Silverfire I hope you were able to get everything caught up.

KarinRose I hope you are feeling better. The flu stinks.

MandyLamy way to recommit! It is stuff.

I went to visit my Dad for his 50th birthday this weekend, so while I was active, I also ate alot of bad food. Going to avoid the scale for a little while.
  • 243!!
  • 249.3 today. I did get mostly caught up and sort of back on track last week, but I've been working quite a bit at job#2 and have been spending lots of time at the gym, I feel like everything else is slipping a little bit. My eating hasn't been very great the last few days. A few small binges, and a few more than a few things I shouldn't have had.... With the temperature starting to get back above zero I'll be able to Start BBQing again and plan on marinating and freezing all sorts of BBQ friendly things to just chuck on the grill come dinner time, hopefully that will get me out of my "I dont wannna cook anything" rut.
  • CharityMarie you and I are so close to moving threads!