Tried a New, Healthy Recipe?

• I have a two-year-old so my dinner schedule is about getting something on the table from the time I put "Bubble Guppies" on to the time I hear her yell, "Want MORE!" from the living room. In general, I look for something that's fast, easy and can give me lunch for the next day. I am a sucker for a good salad.

Tonight I made this UH-MAY-ZING salad from Eating Well:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sp...rry_salad.html

I honestly made it because it was steak and my Cute Husband is a pain when it comes to salad ("She made me eat the salad as the fooood!"). So I thought this would be a good compromise. It totally was. He inhaled it and kept commenting on the salad dressing.

I did substitute pecans for the walnuts (because I hate walnuts).

Any new recipes to share?
  • It's not really a "recipe" per say, I guess, but this is my salad of choice as of late! image.jpg
    Well, meal of choice, really. I can never finish the fruit, but I need it like that, because its smiling, and I'm basically 4, so, it helps bahaha! The salad is:
    Dole 50/50 spring mix/baby spinach
    Purple onions (I'df I'd they're red, they look purple ta me!)
    1/2 avocado
    1 Roma-ma tomato
    Mushrooms
    >1oz mild chedda cheese
    Red pepper flakes (loads, because I'm crazy)
    Garlic powder
    Annnndd pickled Jalapeņo
    No dressing because its tasty without! (It'd be great with a low fat French of Catalina though!)
    And 16oz. Of yummilicious vanilla almond milk.
    It's huge, it's filling, and it's like zilch on the calorie scale! )
    (I'm sure it'd be great with seasoned lean beef, or chicken breast, but I went vegetarian, so I'm doing without, and besides, I love the lack of calories!)

• My favorite one this week is a quick quick stir fry. I have no clue on the calorie content. It's a shrimp stir fry. Basically you get some slaw (I use brocolli slaw), 1/2 c shrimp and 2 TB of terriyaki. Stick it in the skillet and cook. I also add in mushrooms and sometimes sprouted mung beans (I haven't found them fresh lately and added canned). Add 1/2 c. of rice or a bag of tofu shirataki noodles and BOOM! Heaping plate. HEAPING. It's delish. I love it. Without the mung beans, I think MFP makes it under 500 with rice. You'd save 70 with shirataki noodles.
  • Quote: I have a two-year-old so my dinner schedule is about getting something on the table from the time I put "Bubble Guppies" on to the time I hear her yell, "Want MORE!" from the living room. In general, I look for something that's fast, easy and can give me lunch for the next day. I am a sucker for a good salad.

Tonight I made this UH-MAY-ZING salad from Eating Well:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sp...rry_salad.html
    This sounds yummy! I love a good vinaigrette!