Old 11-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Nsv!

Chickies, the last few months have been the very worst of my life. My son died unexpectedly in Aug. My dog died in Sept. A few weeks ago I was planning and bought tickets for a romantic New Years vacation with my husband until he told me he had someone else. It has been very hard and my old stand by, eating for comfort wasn't helping. I started watching what I eat and walking at the mall. I would go into Lane Byant and look around at the end of my walk. Last week the sales lady said to me "I'm sorry but I don't think we have anything in the store that will fit you". I almost kissed her!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

wow...I am so sorry for all your pain. No one should have to go through that. You've turned our pain into hope, I am awstruck by that ability. Take pride in your NSV, you deserve every little bit you get, and that helps, if even by a bit. Bless you. Just, belss you.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #3  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry for all you've gone through but also amazingly in awe of how strong a person you must be to go through all that and still find the strength to do what you need to do for yourself! That's amazing and a lesson. Thanks for sharing this NSV! Which is also an awesome one in and of itself. You're in my thoughts and may your plan continue to be successful and your days get even brighter!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #4  

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It is so very hard but I know my wonderful son would not want me unhealthy so I just keep trying. Thank you again and I am hugging you right back.
ps. What amazing weight loss you have had! You must be so proud. We are the same height and weight. Thank you for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post

wow...I am so sorry for all your pain. No one should have to go through that. You've turned our pain into hope, I am awstruck by that ability. Take pride in your NSV, you deserve every little bit you get, and that helps, if even by a bit. Bless you. Just, belss you.

Last edited by scarletmeshell; 11-20-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #5  

Thank you so much. I know this in the internet but it does mean a lot to me. I just decided since eating for comfort didn't help I didn't want to be sad and fat too! You have lost so much. How did you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
I'm so sorry for all you've gone through but also amazingly in awe of how strong a person you must be to go through all that and still find the strength to do what you need to do for yourself! That's amazing and a lesson. Thanks for sharing this NSV! Which is also an awesome one in and of itself. You're in my thoughts and may your plan continue to be successful and your days get even brighter!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Thank you so very much for your kind words. It is so very hard but I know my wonderful son would not want me unhealthy so I just keep trying. Thank you again and I am hugging you right back.
ps. What amazing weight loss you have had! You must be so proud. We are the same height and weight. Thank you for the encouragement!
All about the kids. Like you, my weight loss revolves around my child. My daughter found me nearly dead August of 2012 and with her being only 3, that tramatized me. I resolved to never allow her to find me like that again. When people ask how I do it, I tell them all it takes is the right kind of motivation and mine is curently is 3-1/2 feet tall. You're son would be so very proud of you. Keep going, it is worth it, make it worth it, for him.

Lord, this thread has brought so many tears to my eyes, in a sad but happy kinda way.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #7  

Oh mama I am so sorry but thrilled that you are on the right track. What an inspiration you are! Do you count calories? I'm a bit scared of the hoidays. It is the first without my son. I would skip it but I don't want it to be harder on my girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
All about the kids. Like you, my weight loss revolves around my child. My daughter found me nearly dead August of 2012 and with her being only 3, that tramatized me. I resolved to never allow her to find me like that again. When people ask how I do it, I tell them all it takes is the right kind of motivation and mine is curently is 3-1/2 feet tall. You're son would be so very proud of you. Keep going, it is worth it, make it worth it, for him.

Lord, this thread has brought so many tears to my eyes, in a sad but happy kinda way.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/265/180

Height: 6'

scarlet - wow, I don't think I have words for how amazed I am by your strength. You savor that NSV girl! That's awesome!
junebug44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Scalrlett You have amazing strength. You can get through this and your girls will help you. Your husband I want to clobber right now, just saying. Great Nsv too, god bless that woman.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow your story of endurance simply astonishes me! What a lesson for the rest of us, when we think it's too hard to keep going. I am so sorry to hear of everything that's happened to you. Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way!

I don't think you have to worry about the holidays- it sounds like you are not lacking in the will power department!
smileygirlmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #11  

Thank you junebug. I have to say I don't feel all that strong. I do cry alot but now I do my crying in private because it concerns my girls. Then need me to be strong and know things will bee ok. Thanks again for your encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug44 View Post
scarlet - wow, I don't think I have words for how amazed I am by your strength. You savor that NSV girl! That's awesome!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #12  

Thank you cowgirl! I don't feel strong at times but I am stronger than I thought I could be. Yes God bless that woman! I thought I was being punked at first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleancowgirl View Post
Scalrlett You have amazing strength. You can get through this and your girls will help you. Your husband I want to clobber right now, just saying. Great Nsv too, god bless that woman.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #13  

Thank you mel! All of this has taught me not to sweat the small stuff that is for sure. I used to comfort myself with food. When my son died I only ate so people woudln't worry about me. Then I started to eat everything in sight one day and it just didn't make this kind of pain go away. I decided to just stop. Life is to short to fat ans sad. I may be sad for a long time but damn it I am not going to be fat! Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileygirlmel View Post
Wow your story of endurance simply astonishes me! What a lesson for the rest of us, when we think it's too hard to keep going. I am so sorry to hear of everything that's happened to you. Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way!

I don't think you have to worry about the holidays- it sounds like you are not lacking in the will power department!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #14  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry for your losses but congrats on your NSV!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #15  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Thank you so much. I know this in the internet but it does mean a lot to me. I just decided since eating for comfort didn't help I didn't want to be sad and fat too! You have lost so much. How did you do it?
Well you're amazing, know that! You may not think it right now but it takes real strength to grieve AND put on a brave face for your daughters AND deal with the husbands betrayal AND not turn to old habits of looking for comfort in the wrong places when you'd be entitled. You're inspiring. God bless you.

Regarding my weight loss it took nearly 3 years but I just kept pushing and counting my calories and picking myself up when I failed at being on plan. In the end it wasn't easy, and I wasn't perfect everyday, but over time, I managed more on-plan days than off-plan days and made it to goal.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote