Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

It's official ladies, I'm out of here! Best of luck, hope to see you all soon!
MamaPu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #107  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Congrats MamaPu!!! Hope you speed through the next decade!!!

265.4 today. I'm hoping to see 250's not to far into Feb. I bailed on the gym yesterday, I was exhausted from working late the night before. Less than 8 hours of sleep and I am pretty much useless. I didn't eat very well either, went over on cal's by a little Was a couch zombie all of last night. Today I'll hit the gym after work and bust out a C25K! See if I can hit those 10,000 steps
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #108  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Congrats MamaPu! Can't wait to joint in you in the 240's!

Silverfire, I know how you feel! Less than 8 hours of sleep and I'm useless. I don't know how my husband does it, he functions on about 5 hrs of sleep a night. I wish I could do that. I would get so much done!

I've bailed on the gym this entire week. Its the hardest thing for me. My husband and I work opposite shifts and it would be most natural for me to go workout right after work, but this entire week I've told myself I just want to go home and spend some time with him before he heads to bed. There have been a few times he's gone to the gym with me after I get off, but it's not the best arrangement. At any rate, I'm okay with being lazy this week. It's my last week off before I have to start school again and my schedule is packed.

Weighed in today at 257. I'm losing weight pretty fast. Its a little faster than I had planned. Of course, I've been trying to compensate on my calories for the days I know I'm going to be eating out. We ate out last weekend with my mother-in-law and we're eating out once again this weekend with some friends. So I've just been eating less calories in the week to make up for the fact that I know I am going to go out and eat almost a days worth of calories in one sitting. I don't know if that's healthy or not. Probably not. I don't feel like I'm starving myself though. I'm wondering if I should start having a "weekly calorie goal" rather than a daily one.

Last edited by kailpea; 01-17-2014 at 10:10 AM.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations MamaPu!

Today is my weigh in day.... 259!! That's 7 pounds down from last week. I guess my body likes the C25k thing And it's down 56 total so far. Woohoo!
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #110  
Katherine

It's been a very weird weightloss week for me too, KATE79! I weight myself every day and log it, but I just looked back at my previous weight from last Sunday, and I'm down 6 lbs. I weighed in at 255.4 today. Not sure why, considering I haven't worked out this week at all. I've been below my calories on most days, but not enough to lose 6 lbs (or so I thought). Not really complaining, but sometimes rapid weight loss like that concerns me a bit. I just wanna be healthy with it. Oh well, I'm feeling great and my calorie deficit has merely been because I wasn't hungry so I guess I am doing what my body is telling me.

On another note, the husband and I went out for ice cream last night and I got a small in my favorite flavor (I used to get a large) could't finish mine because it was too rich! That's a first for me. I guess that's what happens when you start cutting out the sugar.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #111  

Hi everyone, I hope Monday is treating you all well

I worked a 10 hour shift on my feet and logged 14000 steps on Saturday night! It was great, but exhausting! When I got on the scale I had gained 5 lbs! Thankfully it was all gone and a bit more by this morning! Down to 264.8. Lets hope it sticks!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #112  
Katherine

Feeling your pain Silverfire. . . Weighed myself today and I have gained 4 lbs. Ugh! Hopefully its just water weight and due to the fact that I weighed myself about 4 hours earlier than normal. I weighed in at 258.8 Hopefully I'll be back down to 255 by tomorrow and this isn't a trend. I ate pretty crappy all weekend though, so that could be why. Maybe its all the salt.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #113  

kailpea - those 4 lbs should vanish as quickly as they arrived, there is a whoosh in your near future maybe??

263.2 - I'm down about 6 lbs since Jan 1st. Not too bad, I doubt I can get down 4 more by the end of the month but I am sure gunna try. Skipped the gym yesterday in favor of getting groceries. Forgot some things, so I will have to remember to go back after the gym today. How could I forget yogurt?!?!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

I just wanna say, I love a good whoosh
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #115  

What was that I was saying about a Whoosh?!?!?!?!

Well, F-Yeah I had one this morning!! 261.8! Maybe that 250's by Feb could happen

I Finished W1 of C25K (finally) yesterday, and am eager to get to W2 (probably going to do it twice) I even upped my speed a bit this time. It was good. The gym was pretty full and yet again I couldn't bring myself to enter the free weight area. It was particularly bad this time though, there was half a dozen super big guys in there, making the MOST HORRIBLE noises. I swear some of them were giving birth. I could hear them in the bathroom even. It was a little disturbing! I did do pretty good round on the weight machines at least.

The gym is the best place for people watching I've decided. There is just such a variety. Like the million year old Asian couple, going hard on the treadmill. The super skinny nerdy looking boy, trying to get a little muscle, while clearly enjoying the view of the ladies in the yoga pants! The beefy beef cakes grunting and groaning at each other in the far back corner. The middle aged woman who doesn't have a clue how to properly use the machines but is going balls to the wall anyway... I love it. (K maybe the beefcake grunting I could do without )
Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #116  
Katherine

Silverfire! Congrats on your Woosh! Mine needs to hurry up and get here! I honestly think perhaps this might be a dehydration issue. So I'm going to try and keep track of my water intake for the next few days and see if maybe I can get the scale to drop back down. Gained another lb since yesterday, 259.8. Come on Woosh! I need you!

One of my goals coming up is to start strength training a bit, but I am always so intimidated to go over to the free weight area. I guess I'm just gong to have to bite the bullet and do it.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 262/262/165

Hi everyone...trying to get started yet again and could use some support. I'm currently 261...ready to get this weight off!
Bluehoodie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #118  
Katherine

Welcome Bluehoodie! Good luck, we'll be cheering you on!

Well, I'm back down to 259 today. Ahh. Finally seeing some downward progress again. I refuse to change my ticker though. I made sure to drink 64 oz of water yesterday since I am 99 percent confident I have been dehydrated all week. I looked it up, and there was some literature on the web stating that dehydration can be the cause of rapid weightloss (which I experienced last week) but others reported that it can also cause weight gain (which I experienced this week). So conflicting views on that, but either way I really need to focus on getting adequately hydrated.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #119  

Bluehoodie, you got this!

Kailpea glad to see you're headed back down! You know what I find helps me drink more water throughout the day? Is a water bottle with a straw. And a good insulated bottle because warm water is icky to drink. And this may sound a little weird, but do you check the color of your pee often? Honestly it is the best indicator of dehydration. Also tracking the water on the fitbit app is pretty handy

Yay for 261.8 again on the scale today, it threatened me with 262.2 but settled back down. Lazy day yesterday, didn't do much at all. Made spaghetti squash with black beans and peppers and cheese for dinner and BF DID NOT approve. No more spaghetti squash apparently. It was pretty low on calories and fairly filling so that was good. Back to the gym after work today. More C25K! Work is deathly boring today

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-23-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #120  
Katherine

Silverfire, the color of my pee was exactly how I figured out I was dehydrated. I went and bought a 32 oz cup with a straw, it keeps the water pretty cool even after 5 or 6 hours. It helped a lot to have the straw. So I just know I have to go through at least two of those cups and I should be good.

My husband isn't a big fan of spaghetti squash either! He ate it once, but it has to be drenched in butter and cheese for him to tolerate it Kind of defeats the purpose.