Old 01-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #76  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone!

I'm back again, after the wedding that I worked so hard to lose 40 lbs for, now 6 months later and i'm up about 15 lbs or so. Ugh! The last month has been the worst for stuffing my face with everything I possibly could. That whole fill yourself with as much crap as you can before quitting again, mentality thing...

For 6 months I bought fresh veggies that I had great intentions of making salads with, I am ashamed to admit that nearly all of it was thrown away. I don't know what it was, I just couldn't bring myself to make a salad!

Well, enough of that. Yesterday I went back to the gym after work. It wasn't nearly as horrible as I was imagining it to be. I was expecting to see all of the same people that were there 6 months ago, looking trim and fit. Thankfully the only people I recognized were the ones that were already trim and fit (while thinking to myself, your done! go home!)

For supper last night. I made a salad. BIG HUGE SALAD. With a chicken breast on top. And it was good! Really good, so good I cannot for the life of me figure out what my problem was for the last half a year! Managed to come in under cals by 400 for the day too. Wasn't even hungry at the end of it all.

I was so close to being out of this thread too, now I'm back to the start

So here we go. Round two. Me vs Myself. FIGHT
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #77  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Good luck Silverfire! I've let my guard down too. I've realized that it's a lifestyle you just have to adapt to and keep it up. Otherwise the weight just sneaks back and you don't notice until its too late! thats what happened to me.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #78  

Thanks Kailpea! I knew that it was a whole lifestyle change when I started this before, but man oh man is it ever easy to just fall back into your old bad routine!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I'm new here and it looks like this thread is where I belong. I'm currently at 262, down from 315 a year ago. My goal is to lose another 50 pounds in 2014, but I always break it down to 5 pounds at a time, so I really like that there are different threads for weight ranges here! It seems like it will be exciting to "graduate" to the next weight class down

My main tool for losing weight has been Lose It, but I've been looking for a support forum and people here seem nice
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome newbies! I've been in here longer than intended...but 4 more lbs and I'm outtie I had a rough few days around New Year's Eve, just couldn't seem to get back on track, but I am now, and back to where I was before my mini hiatus. We got this girls!!
MamaPu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #81  

268.7 again this morning! Fish and chips for dinner may have been a factor but I still came in under calories.

I am looking forward to a woosh after this weekend (my Birthday, much booze will be drank! Laying off the snacks will be a challenge though)

Welcome to all the noobs I hope that your stay in this thread is brief! Kate79 Congrats on your loss so far, and you are right to break it up into smaller bits. It sure makes it less daunting, and this is the best support forum around!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #82  
Katherine

Finally weighed in at 10 lbs lost! The scale has been hovering around 263 all week long and I have been willing it to say 262 so I could say I have officially lost 10 lbs. Weighed in today at 260.4. I am so happy!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #83  

Down to 265.4 this morning. Pretty happy about that! Did the first day of C25K at the gym. Pulled something in my arm I think. It's very tender today!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #84  
Katherine

I really need to get back to the gym. I've had Bronchitis since the end of December and missed a week of work. I finally started feeling better, over the weekend and i have been back at work this week, but I don't know when to start hitting the gym again. I don't want to push myself and I'm still having some coughing fits, but I definitely need to start working out.

Silverfire: I've thought about trying the Couch to 5K, but I have problems jogging/running on the treadmill. I don't know how people do it. I am always afraid I am going to fall off the back! Its too cold where I live to jog outside right now, but maybe I'll try it in a a few months when it starts warming up.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #85  

Kailpea if you have a smartphone have a look for some apps to help you out if your interested And I know the feeling, I feel so awkward on the treadmill! It should be a foot longer out the back! I don't really run it's slightly more than a bouncy walk... Basically I walk at 2.5 and "jog" at 4.5. I usually hug the front of the treadmill and keep my arms tucked in pretty close to my body.

I have heard of people starting out even just by walking and jogging in place in their house! Could be worth trying

Go the gym! Today if you can! Just go there, for me I find that walking in the door is way more than half the battle! Once I'm there isn't not so bad Find something easy like a walk on the treadmill or a ride on the bikes! Might even make you feel a better!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #86  
Katherine

Finally made it to the gym last night! Silverfire you're complete right, walking through the door is the hardest part! But I got my husband tho go with me so that helped a lot. We both have the same amount of weight to lose so it nice that we have something to work toward together. I just did 30 minutes on the elliptical, but after a month of zero exercise and being sick, it really wore me out!

I'm going to look at some of those 5k apps you mentioned. I am making some exercise goals right now, and one of them I to participate in some form of exercise outside of the gym. So doing a 5k would count toward that and I have never done one so it will be a new experience.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #87  

Kailpea - Awesome job! I really like the C25K program as it eases you into things pretty well I'd say. I hated running in school, I'm hoping that now that it is on my terms, I will get over that residual hate! It's not easy by any means at this point, but it IS totally do-able! Come on over and check out the C25K thread if you like!! January 2014 C25K - Running Wild!

Also - Kick @ss that your hubby is doing this with you, go team!

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-10-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #88  

I weigh in on Fridays and I'm up 4 today, from 262 to 266 I'm hoping it's mainly water weight... I had a lot of soy sauce this week. Hopefully that means a nice loss next Friday.

Those of you doing C25k, is it a problem running on the treadmill? I always feel like I'm way too heavy and I'll break it if I try. I really want to start C25k but I planned to wait until Spring when I can do it outside.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #89  

kate79 - Not going to lie, the first time on the treadmill was super intimidating. Until I saw some even bigger people going hard on them! It IS NOT like running on solid ground. It's kinda bouncy and wierd at first, but you get used to it. Note that I'm not really "running" on it, I kinda do a fast bouncy joggy thing. You're the same size as me and if I can do it, I'm sure you can too! Come check out the January 2014 C25K - Running Wild! thread
Old 01-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
kate79 - Not going to lie, the first time on the treadmill was super intimidating. Until I saw some even bigger people going hard on them! It IS NOT like running on solid ground. It's kinda bouncy and wierd at first, but you get used to it. Note that I'm not really "running" on it, I kinda do a fast bouncy joggy thing. You're the same size as me and if I can do it, I'm sure you can too! Come check out the January 2014 C25K - Running Wild! thread
Thanks, that's great to know! I still may wait a bit, the last time I tried running I was only 5-10 pounds heavier, and it was still rough on my joints. And yeah I guess bouncy joggy thing is more accurate for me too but one day I will run!