getting out of the 280's and 270's

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • Hi JzBelle! Sounds like you're eating well!!! Good for you!

Well, I'm trying to give maximum effort this weekend with exercise and calorie deficit. I figured I could give 2 days worth of big effort so that I can finish this challenge at work on Monday and feel like I gave it my all. I should be down in the 260's by Monday. I hope so. Although I'll miss this thread. I checked the 250's/260's thread and they all seem to be close to getting into the 240's, so I may be there by myself.

Well, have a good weekend!
  • Grumble. You should not get too confident!! You aren't there until the scale allows you to be there. I am up .2 pounds... 270.2

Sigh, why is it so hard to break through the decades?????
  • Just recently into the 280's! And new on this thread. I have been in the Getting Out Of the 300's for a loooong time. This is the lowest weight I've been in 3 years, and I can't remember the last time I was below 285 - probably 6 years ago at the beginning of college.

I didn't do well yesterday or today - no planning, etc. Once I mess up the first half of my day I think, well might as well squeeze in that pizza I've been wanting and some ice cream. I woke up SOO sick this morning, it was unreal I did it to myself again. I'm also going through the end of a marriage and losing a house I purchased last fall as a result. I just want to lay in bed and not think about ANYTHING.
  • Slashnl - I'm sure it's just a water gain. My body seems to do the same thing. It drags at the very beginning of a decade and at the very end. Like come on already! Give me that number before I go crazy! haha You've done a fantastic job with your challenge. Focus on the positive and not on the .2. I say reward yourself with something fabulous. You did really well.

JzBelle - Hope you had a great weekend and are doing okay today.

JollyGreen - Hi! I remember you from the getting out of the 300's thread. Congratulations on getting to the 280s! I'm excited for you. I'm so sorry to hear about everything that is going on in your life. I can't even imagine the stress.

I was guilty of the 'well I messed up the first half so might as well do what I want for the second half' mentality. Now I start over with every meal. There have been days when I had a brownie for breakfast so I had a salad for lunch. Thinking that way has worked much better for me.

I'm dragging this week, and I blame spring allergies. I did take a rest day on Saturday and I think it really helped. I was burnt out. I followed it up the next day with a HIIT workout on fitnessblender that kicked my @$$. Anyway, just kind of trudging along waiting for the scale to go down.
  • Hi everyone, Happy April Fools day!

Diane--0.2lbs? just exhale really hard and that should do it! I am so going to miss you when you move on. I will try HARD to come join you. I can't wait to hear how you did on the work challenge--please let us know even if you are now a 260's person!

JollyGreen--welcome and congrats on being your lowest weight in ages. so sorry your life is slamming you right now. please keep posting here so we can at least try to cheer you up some!

2fat:I have allergies too. just bought a bunch of HUGE boxes of tissues that are now scattered all over my house so they are always within reach!

Funny how our patterns of eating/slipping are. I'm almost always just FINE and on plan for breakfast and lunch. It's night time eating that has ALWAYS done me in. For some reason even if I eat an OK dinner, in my tiredness or whatever I will all of a sudden think its ok to have extras, or two desserts, random snacking etc. I struggle with it every day!

When I'm home all day--like the weekends, my falling off plan moment happens earlier--late afternoon usually. sigh........

Well, today is good so far. for us all!
  • JollyGreen: Welcome! You have had some awesome progress and now you are at your lowest! That is really great. It is hard when things aren't going well to keep on track. But, with your progress, I hope you keep it going!!

2Fat2Jump: Good attitude to not give up the whole day if you mess up on one meal. That's a great way to look at it, taking each meal on its own.

JzBelle: Being at home is tougher, I agree. Too many temptations and it is just too easy to sneak it in. Stay strong!

Well, the challenge is over. I came in 2nd. UGH. The winner was down 6.33% and I was down 6.22%. I was very disappointed yesterday. I lost the most pounds of anyone, but with being bigger than the winner, she didn't have as many to lose to get her percentages up. I am not bashing her at all, because I know she worked hard at it. But I really was disappointed. My son was trying to help me see that it wasn't all about the money, that I've done really well, etc. I told him that for yesterday, I was going to feel bad about it and be upset. It wasn't going to completely derail me, and I am back on track today. It's all about the long haul, not just a competition. (But I really could have used the money!!) Oh well, onward!
  • diane--so very sorry that you didn't win first place. your weight loss tho is awesome! Hope you are feeling better now--

Spring has finally sprung here! its pretty, but I'm stuck inside all day at work. Busy end of the week @ work for me, so I'm just hanging in.
    Not eating badly but probably over my calories so I'm kind of stuck.....

How is everyone else today?
  • Well, took a day off from the gym today. I was feeling sore all over, so I figured I would just take a day. My back was sore last night and my quad muscles have been sore for about 5 days. I work them pretty hard most of the time, so a little break today. I actually feel better, and maybe that has to do with sleeping a little longer and not going hard at it today. I'll go back tomorrow so that I don't lose my way.

My calories this week haven't been as low as I have had them the past few weeks. I think that there is a little bit of a let down after the challenge, which is ok, but I can't let it become a habit. I've been at a deficit, but just not so crazy as before. Weigh in on Monday might not be as good as I would like!!!

Have a great day!
  • Slashnl - a rest day sounds like a good plan. I should probably do the same. My back feels like one giant bruise after 2 weeks of HIIT workouts and weights.

I had a bad weigh-in yesterday, and it still has me frustrated. I'm up 2lbs. I'm praying that it is just water as I can not see how I gained eating at a 1000 cal a day deficit. This seems to be the norm nowadays. My weight is just stuck in the 270s and it's pissing me off!!!!

I finally caved and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Initially I had meant to wait and get one for myself for Easter. I can't wait anymore. I need it now! haha I am determined to get in to the 260s and hope this helps. I'm curious to see how many calories I am actually burning during my workouts. I always half the numbers myfitnesspal gives me, but maybe the numbers are even lower than that? Hmmm.. I bought it online, so I'm impatiently waiting for it to be delivered.
  • 2Fat2Jump: Let me tell you that my rest day was really helpful. I thought I'd have enormous guilt, but I really didn't. I was just so worn out and burned out that it was nice not hustling to the gym, or making myself walk the stupid stairs here at work. I kept an eye on what I ate, but I also didn't obsess. Ended up having spaghetti last night and it tasted so good and I felt very good last night. I guess sometimes you have to take a step back and regroup. Good for you for getting a HRM. I've thought about it, but haven't wanted to spend the money. I've heard on myfitnesspal that it is really the most accurate way to count calories burned.

I went back to the gym today and spin class, so that I don't get stupid and lazy. It even felt better today. It seemed like I had a lot more energy after my day of rest. I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning, and saw a happy number, so I'm hoping that Monday's weigh in will be good.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Can I join here?

I started a few weeks ago at 317.2lbs and am at 288.6lbs right now. My highest weight was 321lbs and the lowest I've ever been in my adult life was 209lbs. I'm trying to take it 10-20lbs at a time, so this type of chatting thread is exactly what I need.
  • Mulse: You're in the right place! Glad you're joining in.

Not much going on for me. Just a lazy Sunday. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • I'm hoping to move out of the 280s quickly. My first mini goal is got get down to my wedding weight, which was 273lbs. After that, I'll decide what my next mini-goal is.
  • Well, it happened this week! I had an awesome weigh in this week, after that little gain last week of .2 pounds. I lost 5.4 pounds this week. I think it was because after finishing up the weight loss challenge at work, I actually relaxed a little bit. Maybe the weight relaxed, loosened up, and finally came off.

So, I'm going to the next thread. I will miss you guys, and I'll be looking back to see how everything is going. Hope to see you soon in the next thread!!
  • WooHoo! Congratulations Slashnl! I can't wait to join you in the new thread!