Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #286  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

hi Diane! Hope your weekend is starting out good!

I did ok yesterday. today is my weigh-in day. I'm down 2.5 for the week. thats decent for a week when I was home a lot of the week--I seem to lose more on work days.....
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #287  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

JzBelle: NICE!! Great weigh in for you! Hopefully we'll be powering on down to the 260's before too long! Good job!

I had a great workout this morning. Went to Spin and then did weights with my daughter. Tomorrow is rest day. Might be a good idea!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 282/175/282

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi

Hi! I am new to this site .... just looking for support to keep motivated in my journey. I have been at 283lbs for over a year. I need some motivation / inspiration to get to the gym.
redy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #289  
JazziBelle

Redy!

Diane is our exercise expert

Used my grill last night for the first time this year. made some great grilled chicken to eat with salad. today is my chore day--laundry, housecleaning etc.
ugh.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #290  
Diane

Welcome Redy! Glad you're joining us! Maybe I can help you with the gym. I try to come on here and post that I've gone each day. I think it helps to make yourself be accountable. It might also help you to know that at the beginning of the year, I really was tired of where I was with weight, so I had a long talk with myself and I decided to make a bigger effort than ever before. I started out somewhat slow, but then built up as fast as I could handle it. I wanted to get to where I was going to Spin class 3 days a week and Body Pump class 2 days a week... and I did get to that. Then, starting February 10th, I joined a weight loss competition here at work. Similar to "Biggest Loser", it is based on the percentage of weight that you lose. There's a pretty big payout to the winner, so I am going all out right now to try to win that money... and give myself a great start. So, I've added a Spin class and weight work out on Saturdays now. Of course, I had to also adjust my food plan, and I count calories. That seems to work for me. So, why do I tell you all of this? Because, as of today, I've lost 22.2 pounds since Jan 1st. I am not bragging at all, but I think that I would not be doing nearly as well without my workouts. So.... JOIN ME!!!

I had a great weigh in this morning, lost 3.2 pounds. 2 more weeks until the end of the challenge. Gotta keep going!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #291  
JazziBelle

WOW Diane! I know I've been seeing your ticker, but didn't realize you only started in january! that is an awesome loss!
I so hope you win the contest!

My long day at work...hanging in but want to go home!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #292  

I'm ready to get out of the 280's too! My body just likes being here I guess. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and post my starting point.

Gotta do it sometime, now is better than never.
ShylahWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #293  
JazziBelle

:Welcome Shylah!

I didn't do so well last night foodwise
I work late and guess I should pack dinner AND lunch on mondays. I had a snack late afternoon, came home knowing I didnt have a lot of calories left for dinner, but ended up eating over my limit anyway. sigh.....

Back on track today though ...
Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #294  

260's are my first mini goal.
ShylahWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #295  
Diane

JzBelle: Thanks for the kind words. I've been up and down for many years. But I hit 50 at my last birthday and it made me think that I need to give a bigger effort to get it back off again... and to keep it off this time. My parents are 75 and are still very active. I think they stay young because they are so active, so I am trying to be more like them.
That's hard to stay on track with food when your hours are difficult. It is bad enough packing a lunch, let alone having to pack dinner, too. Anyway, at least you're back on track!!

Welcome Shylah! Looks like you made it out of the 280's! Good job!

Had a strange experience yesterday at the gym and people who work out in the same classes I do were still talking about it today. The Spin instructor yesterday was obviously in a bad mood or something. She's been kind of talking about how she needs to "retire" over the past few weeks, but yesterday she had a fairly short workout, barely stretched afterward and then made a comment about how this was like a bad marriage and she needed a divorce. (meaning, I guess, that she's tired of being an instructor) It ticked me off. I don't get up that early to listen to someone whine about something that is totally within their control. If you don't like it, quit!!!! I'm going to see how she does next Monday, if she's still there. If she's the same way, then I'm talking to her boss. All the rest of the instructors are so good, friendly and helpful, it was just so odd to witness that little meltdown.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #296  

Hi everyone

hope you dont mind me posting, this is my first week trying to shift the lbs!

On saturday I was 278 lbs hope to be in the 260s soon
hotbodycomingsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #297  
Diane

Welcome hotbodycomingsoon! Glad you're joining us!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #298  
JazziBelle

new person! please jump right in

Diane--that was very strange behavior from your workout instructor. VERY unprofessional....maybe she was PMSing?

I'm doing ok. havent lost any weight this week but hanging in there.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #299  
Diane

JzBelle: Sorry there was no weight loss this week, but glad you're hanging in there. It happens. We just have to stay patient, which is so hard to do when you are living weigh in to weigh in, like I do. After this weight loss challenge is done, I'm going to try to be less obsessed with it, but still want to keep losing.

Went to body pump today. It was good, but I grabbed a different t-shirt than normal. It had a stain on it that I didn't notice until I was at the gym. Felt like a slob. Oh well!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #300  
JazziBelle

Hi Diane, Hi new people [please keep posting!]

TGIF!!!! I have been really tired this week. Not sure if I'm fighting something off or what, but it has made it a struggle to get through the work day.
Hoping I will feel better after the weekend.
good news is that its spring like weather again